"Parent Trap"

INEVITABLE MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four

"Parent Trap"

"Will you make sure they come back to me at this exact spot?" Eunhye told the rather large, buff man, still very unsure. She can't believe the boys actually convinced her to take them there.

"Don't worry Eunhye Imo…"

"…we'll be back soon."

She turned to the boys as they said this. "You might get lost, you can't even see past this large crowd," she said, pointing towards the swarm of people gathered around the stage.

"Don't worry ma'am, I'll take care of them," he said with smile before lifting them easily enough with each arm.

The twins laughed as the man set them on his broad shoulders.

"H-Hold on you two!" the nanny called back as the man with the security uniform made his way through the crowd easily.

 

 

"Eunhye just sent me a text message," Yoona said, a frown on her face as she pocketed her cell.

"What did she say?" Kyuhyun asked as he circled the lot again in search for a free parking space.

"She said she took the boys over to the stage where a promotional event was going on and that they were taken by some security guy for a closer look."

"Yeah, so?"

"Those kinds of things mean there must be hundreds of people gathered there," she pointed out, thinking if the boys would be okay.

"Yoona, chill," the man behind the wheel said, sending her an assuring look. "They'll be fine. Those boys of yours are smarter than most kids their age, let them have a little fun. Besides, this is their first time ever going somewhere besides the supermarket and the mall right?"

Yoona held a guilty look as he mentioned this. It was true, she never took her kids anywhere besides the supermarket for groceries or the mall for occasional shopping of clothes. It wasn't like they needed to go anywhere else anyway, they were only kids. And she wanted to protect them from all sorts of influences, which is why she didn't want them watching TV or playing video games either.

"I guess you're right," she said with a sigh.

 

 

"Hey mister…"

"…where are we going?"

The twins were being carried towards the stage but they didn't know why. They were sure however that they were catching a lot of attention. As they passed through the throng of people of different ages and sizes, almost all them turned and stared at them.

"Backstage," the man below them said as he continued his way towards the stage.

"Why?" they asked in unison, wondering what was special there.

"Those tickets you have are backstage passes," he told them as he nodded at the man who was in the same uniform as he was, and letting them pass through.

Just as he let the two boys down, a woman approached them.

"What is this all about?" she asked, a frown upon her face.

Jonghyuk and Jonghoon looked up at the tall and slender woman whose eyes were colored a piercing black and her straight hair of jet black that fell just in the middle of her back.

"Ms. Park, these boys have backstage passes," he informed, pointing down at the twins.

Nana looked down at the boys, only just noticing them. When she did, she was caught off guard as she looked into very familiar sets of eyes. And these current pairs of eyes were looking straight at her with a glare.

"Oh my," she said in a whisper before bending down to the boys' level. "How do you do?" she asked politely although a frown was still on her lips.

"Fine…"

"…thank you."

They replied curtly, still looking at her with a glare. They really didn't know why, but it was their gut feeling acting up again, telling them not to trust this woman. Maybe it was because of the sort of look she was giving them.

"Can I please see your tickets?" Nana asked, feeling a bit uncomfortable at their scrutinizing glares. 'What's with these kids?' she asked herself.

Taking the passes, she took one last close-up look at the Jonghyun-lookalikes before standing back up and inspecting the tickets. They were the real thing.

"Excuse me boys, but where did you get these from?"

"Mr. Lei gave it to us…"

"…last Saturday."

"Mr. Lei?" Nana repeated, making the boys nod. 'Well, they are only children,' she thought, assuming it was the reason why they can't say Jonghyun 's name right. "Very well then, let's go!"

As she said this, the twins looked at each other, doubt in their eyes if they should follow the woman. But Jonghyun's words filled their thoughts the day he gave them the tickets. He said the workers will know where to take them if they presented the ticket. And they did trust him.

Nodding at the other, the twins held hands before following her.

 

 

"Eunhye!" Yoona called out towards the woman she had only just spotted after quite some time of searching.

Eunhye turned and waved them over.

"Good afternoon Imo," Hyuna greeted the nanny softly with a smile.

"Good afternoon to you too Hyuna," she said, patting the child lightly on the head.

"Where's Jonghyuk and Jonghoon?" Yoona asked, looking around the older woman and seeing no identical faces.

"Take a look for yourself," the woman replied with a laughing smile on her face, pointing towards the stage.

Yoona turned and her breath got caught.

There they were, Jonghyuk and Jonghoon, entertaining the laughing and cooing audience with various goofy poses on the stage. But what caught Yoona's breath wasn't the outstanding performance her twin boys made with entertaining the crowd, it was the man whom they stood on either side of.

" Jonghyun?" she whispered, wanting to faint but found that her body didn't feel like fainting.

"Do you see them clearly from here Hyuna?" Yoona's gaze turned to Kyuhyun who was carrying Hyuna in his arms and pointing towards the stage with the three identical looking boys. "Well, that man they're playing with on stage is a very popular actor," he added but Hyuna's face remained unfazed. She kept silent but stared on to where the twin boys stood on stage.

 

 

"Lady…"

"…where is Mr. Lei?"

They asked as Nana went back inside the room she left the twins in.

"I just went out to talk to him, he says he wants to see you now," she said with a now gentle but unsure smile at the boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter