"Two Worlds"

INEVITABLE MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

"Two Worlds"

 

 

"Okay! And…CUT!" the director shouted, his voice filled with glee. "That's a wrap everyone!"

Hearing that, everyone around him cheered and erupted in conversation.

"Finally! After seven months of shooting!" one of the men holding a very large video camera said, grinning at his colleagues.

"I can't wait to get home and see my kids," said the woman who had large headphones now settled around her neck.

Everyone around were excited, they were finally done with filming. Now they can go home to their families. After spending exactly seven months, two weeks, and four days on location in Paris, they can finally go home. Of course, they all admit the place was beautiful, but it would've been a better place for a vacation with loved ones rather than a place for shooting a movie.

But there was one person, however, who was as indifferent to the city as he was to the conclusion of the shoot.

"Oy, Jonghyun! Good work!" some of the crew called out after the retreating back of the star.

"Thank you everyone!" called back a woman before following the indifferent actor out of the set.

Lines of trailers were set outside on one of the large streets of the lovely city of Paris, France. Many people gathered time and again to catch glimpses of their favorite actors and actresses as they went in and out of their own trailers each day for a while now.

The woman shut the trailer door behind her that had a large golden star on it with a name imprinted on top, labeling: 'Lee Jonghyun'. Peering through the tinted window, she saw the downcast face of a few young ladies who had been ignored by the celebrity. "You know, you could try to be a bit friendlier, for publicity's sake," she suggested.

"I'm not in the mood," Jonghyun replied flatly, as he dropped himself onto the large sofa tiredly.

She merely grinned at him as he said this. "Great job today by the way, now we can finally catch a break to see the city!" she said ecstatically.

"Mmm…" he replied nonchalantly with his eyes closed.

Shaking her head, she let out a long sigh.

"You really sh-"

Whatever she was going to say, she was cut off by the ringing of her cell phone.

"Yes, this is Nana…Yes…At y-…Okay…Sure…We'll be right there soon."

"Who was that?" Jonghyun asked, an eye half opened looking at his agent.

" Mr. Jung Doo Hoong, he says he has to leave for the States in an hour, he wants to see us before he goes."

Mr. Jung was a Korean producer to Jonghyun's current film and one of the few people he trusted, besides his agent, Nana.

"C'mon, let's go," Nana said, pulling him to his feet. "It won't take long, I already met up with him before. He didn't tell me much, only he said that it's good news."

Reluctantly, Jonghyun got up and followed her out of his trailer.

 

 

"Of course, I'm sure he'll be willing," Mr. Jung replied into his cell. "Okay…yeah…Bye"

"What is this all about Doo Hoong-ssi?" Nana asked, getting excited.

Mr. Jung was after all, responsible for Jonghyun's first big break in show business and he's been a producer to all of Jonghyun's movies ever since. He's also always recommending Jonghyun and endorsing his skills as an actor to all his connections in the business, which in result often gives Jonghyun chances to film internationally.

After pocketing his cell, the older man turned to two of his favorite people, one was a highly praised and one of the best female agents to date, and the other, one of the most popular and highly paid actors in the business.

"It's good news for you Jonghyun!" he announced with a grin.

"So I heard," he said in a bored tone.

He eyed Jonghyun curiously as he always had. His relationship with the actor was always good, they respected each other and at this point, he even considers him as like a son to him which goes the same for Jonghyun who treated him like a father. But regardless of the closeness of their relationship, this is one thing that he still doesn't understand, and it's his lack of passion for acting. He clearly remembers Jonghyun years back when he was a just a budding actor, his talents were as good as they were today although not so polished. But he had passion when he acted, he actually saw fire in his eyes and that he was clearly enjoying what he was doing.

Now, however, was a different story. He lacked passion and he could literally see a barricade in his eyes. There was no fire, instead there was ice, and it was as cold as ever for the past five years. As his producer, he didn't care as long as he did well where his job in acting was concerned, and he did. As his friend and surrogate-father, he couldn't bear seeing him like this, he can clearly tell that he wasn't at all contented with anything he does.

"I promised a friend you'd star in his new upcoming film!"

Nana literally had stars in her eyes as he said this, a grin spreading across her lovely face. "Oh that's wonderful Doo Hoong-ssi!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Nodding in agreement, Mr. Jung turned back to Jonghyun. "You have nothing important planned don't you? Can you do this?"

All of the films he recommended for him were always good for his reputation as an actor and he had nothing better to do with his life other than work anyway. "No," he replied to his first question, "Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter