Help

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Henry, I’m being serious here!”

Kyuhyun groaned as he threw himself back onto the bed. Henry on the other hand rolled his eyes and pushed himself off the couch in Kyuhyun’s room, walking towards Kyuhyun’s wardrobe. Kyuhyun was going to have dinner with Sungmin and he was freaking out, unsure of what to wear after Henry had eyed his current outfit with much distaste.

“Are all your clothes so… Geeky like this?” Henry made a disapproving face as he pulled out a t-shirt with the word “STARCRAFT IS LOVE, STARCRAFT IS LIFE.”

“God, I’d burn all of this if I had the chance,” Henry muttered, shaking his head as he threw them far back into Kyuhyun’s wardrobe.

Kyuhyun frowned as he waited for Henry to pick out something decent. He sighed as he pushed himself up and rested on an elbow, thinking about dinner with Sungmin. He wasn’t sure if it was a date. But Kyuhyun still found himself wanting to look good for their dinner later on. He didn’t know why but… He just wanted to look good for Sungmin. It wasn’t like he was attracted to him like that. It was just that… Sungmin was pretty nice and … He reminded Kyuhun so much like Ryeowook.

“Here, wear this and I’ll lend you one of my denim jackets.” Henry said, throwing a black shirt to him.

Kyuhyun made a face, unsure of how he would like in a denim jacket. He wasn’t fond of those type of clothing. But he thought of Henry and how the latter seemed a little bit more fashionable that he was and thought what the hell. Henry would know what he was doing.

“Now remember,” Henry begun, “The goal isn’t to fall for him. It’s for you to get him to fall for you and then get his help so that we can get to the dark world. He teleports so we need him.”

Kyuhyun nodded, silently feeling nervous. Henry then told him that he’d meet him after their dinner to discuss how it went before leaving Kyuhyun to get himself showered and ready for their dinner. Once Henry closed the door behind him, Kyuhyun leaned against the door, head falling back as he released a loud sigh.

The goal is to get Lee Sungmin to fall for me…. Kyuhyun repeated to himself but no matter how many times he said it, it still left a bitter feeling at the tip of his tongue. He didn’t like it, he didn’t like it one bit. The plan was selfish and in the end, even if Kyuhyun got what he wanted, he would end up hurting Sungmin. It wasn’t right and he should have known that. But he was so blinded with his goal that he forget what was right and wrong. And now after getting to know Sungmin, Kyuhyun didn’t think that the boy deserved to be hurt like that. Sighing once more, Kyuhyun pushed himself away from the door and headed to the bathroom. He knew what had to be done.

The dinner went by pretty smoothly. If anything, it didn’t feel like a date. It felt like friends just getting to know each other. Kyuhyun and Sungmin shared stories of their lives back on earth. It was all just light conversation between them until they were done with dinner and Sungmin asked if Kyuhyun wanted to take a walk at the rooftop garden of the castle.

Quietly walking through the garden of colourful flowers, Kyuhyun took in a deep breath, “Hey Sungmin.”

Sungmin glanced up to Kyuhyun, “Hmmm?”

“There’s actually… Something I need to tell you.” Kyuhyun awkwardly said.

Sungmin chuckled and then stopped walking, turning around to fully face Kyuhyun. Before Kyuhyun could say anything, Sungmin however said, “I know what you’re about to say.”

Kyuhyun bit his lips, unsure of what to say or how to react. He didn’t expect it to turn out like this.

“You need my help, don’t you?” Sungmin questioned, “To teleport to the Dark World.”

Kyuhyun’s brows furrowed, “How… How did you know?”

Sungmin shrugged, “One of my friends… His ability is to know people’s deepest intentions and he told me that you only came to me with the intention of getting my help to teleport you to the dark world.”

Embarrassed by how heartless Sungmin had made it sound like, Kyuhyun hung his head low. Sungmin then released a deep amused chuckle.

“It’s alright,” Sungmin softly said, “You don’t have to feel bad for it.”

“I really am sorry.” Kyuhyun apologized sincerely, “I knew it wasn’t right. I was going to tell you the truth.”

 “You have your reasons.” Sungmin nodded, “And you’re lucky because I’m a firm believer for chasing after the one you love, so I’ll gladly help you.”

Kyuhyun’s eyes shone, “Really? You’ll help me?”

“Yeah.” Sungmin smiled kindly and Kyuhyun could feel something in his heart coming alive, “Everyone deserves their happy ending, don’t they?”

Kyuhyun smiled and nodded, “Thank you.”

It sounded like a really good idea at first.

But now, Kyuhyun wasn’t so sure of it as he glanced at Henry and Sungmin. They were in his room and Henry was still telling Sungmin about their plan. Sungmin listened and nodded and then shrugged and said that it was worth a try. Apparently, Sungmin, just like Kangin, could only teleport to places he had seen or been to before. He had never been to the Dark World and that was a problem. But Henry had seen the Dark World, he had seen Ryeowook’s room in the dark world and Henry wondered if he could transfer the memories to Sungmin by touch so that Sungmin could look at it and teleport them there.

Sungmin held out his hand and Henry touched it, closing his eyes. Kyuhyun watched in fascination as Sungmin closed his eyes as well and then his forehead was creasing as he twitched. After a minute or so, Sungmin and Henry both opened their eyes. Sungmin looking from Henry to Kyuhyun.

“I saw it; I saw the room.” Sungmin told the both of them, “I think I can do it if I concentrate.”

Henry clapped his hands, “Great, should we try it now?”

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin worriedly, “You know… We don’t have to do this if you don’t feel like you’re up for this.”

Sungmin waved his hands, “I’d like to try it, myself. It seems interesting, teleporting to the Dark World.”

“And if anything happens, we can just teleport back here.” Henry piped, smiling eagerly.

Sungmin nodded and then held out his hands, “Now, both of you, hold onto me.”

Henry grabbed Sungmin’s wrists and Kyuhyun took a deep breath before doing the same. The thought of meeting Ryeowook made him nervous. Once they were safely holding onto Sungmin, Sungmin ordered them to close their eyes and then Kyuhyun felt it.

The feeling of teleporting felt like this: Like you’re on a rollercoaster. It was superfast and you can feel rush of the wind slapping against your face. In just a second, Kyuhyun felt himself landing, his feet hitting against solid ground and he in a breath as he slit his eyes opened.

This was it.

They made it.

He turned around to his friends and thankfully, they were both right next to him. Henry and Sungmin looked just as surprised as he was that they had made it without much difficulty. Henry checked his body, his hands touching himself as he broke into a huge beam.

“Dude!” Henry slapped Sungmin’s back, “That was awesome! You’re really good at this!”

Sungmin blushed and smiled in embarrassment while Kyuhyun glanced around the dark room. This was Ryeowook’s room but… Ryeowook wasn’t here. He glanced at the door and then started heading for it, feeling an unsettling feeling deep in his gut.

“You’re going out there?” Sungmin quietly asked, looking around the room in curiosity.

Kyuhyun nodded, “I’ve to find Ryeowook.”

“That’s probably a bad idea, Kyu.” Henry warned, “We don’t know what’s out there.”

“I can’t wait,” Kyuhyun explained, “I’ve to find him now.”

“You guys can stay here if you want, but I’m going to find Ryeowook. The sooner I find him, the sooner I can bring him to the Light World and get us all out of here.”

Henry and Sungmin exchanged looks and then followed after Kyuhyun, not really trusting him to go out there alone since he had no abilities just yet and if anything happened to him… Who knows what could happen. Kyuhyun pulled open the door and stepped out of the room, feeling uneasy as he climbed down the steps of the building. Everything was dark and eerie and there was absolutely no one at all.

“Where the hell is everyone?” Henry whispered, looking around. “Is this the Dark World or the Dead World?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes scanned around, unsure of what was really going on. This defitnetly was the Dark World. Kyuhyun could feel it just by the environment of the building but… Where was everyone? The three of them continued waking down the stairs and then froze when they heard rushed footsteps coming towards them. They hid behind a golden pillar, holding their breaths as the footsteps came closer.

“Someone’s in here.”

Kyuhyun heard a voice saying and his blood felt like it had run cold. He held his breath as he glanced at Sungmin and Henry who looked like they were just as afraid as he was. This was a bad idea, this really was. Kyuhyun pressed his finger against his lips as his eyes met Sungmin and Henry.

There was a long silence before all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter