Love

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: Format of writing has been changed to third person point of view and past tense)

***

 

“Dude, I’m telling you…”

Kyuhyun groaned once again, pressing his fingers over the bridge of his nose. Henry had been talking to him all through lunch and Kyuhyun was getting a little tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. Honestly right now, he wished that the boy could just pass out just like how he did yesterday after reading Ryeowook’s memories.

Ryeowook’s memories…

Kyuhyun huffed, frustrated. When Henry woke up after passing out - Apparently, he had pushed himself to his limit and ended up losing too much energy so his body ended up shutting off- he mentioned something about how the memory felt new, like everything happened a few minutes ago. Kyuhyun couldn’t sleep ever since last night. He was worried sick and he wanted to get out of the Light World. All he knew was that he needed to be by Ryeowook’s side. Someone was harassing Ryeowook, that Prince Donghae, he kissed Ryeowook! He looked dangerous as and Kyuhyun just wanted Ryeowook out of that dangerous place and away from that creep.

But Kyuhyun shuddered at the memory of what he saw. Someone had been hurt in the memory. Kyuhyun could not recognize the man’s face but something about him felt familiar. Kyuhyun couldn’t shake off the nasty feeling the man brought upon him. He was covered in blood and ice and it looked like Ryeowook was the one responsible for it. Ryeowook even mentioned about how he wanted to kill him and clearly warned that if anyone got in the way, he would kill them.

It wasn’t like Ryeowook at all.

Kyuhyun’s body suddenly shot up when he remembered something.

“You… You have a friend too… From the Dark World?”

“Had. He was my best friend. But… It’s all in the past. He’s changed now.”

“How so?”

“He’d kill me in a heartbeat. That’s how much he has changed.”

“I… Ryeowook would never kill me…He’d never kill anyone. I’m sorry about your friend but… Ryeowook’s different. He’d never hurt me. Ryeowook would never hu-”

“-Hurt anyone…. I thought the same about Donghae too.”

Donghae… Prince Donghae… They were the same person, weren’t they? Could it be then? That Eunhyuk was friends with Prince Donghae, that Eunhyuk was right about everything else he had told Kyuhyun that night. Kyuhyun squeezed his eyes shut. No… It can’t be true.

 “The people in the Dark World… Your friend… He’s not going to be the person you remembered him as. Lord Heechul, he controls all of them in the Dark World along with the Dark Princes. They’re all ruthless and powerful. They’re going to change your friend.”

Ryeowook did changed. Kyuhyun saw it, he had hurt someone and he wanted to kill him. The old Ryeowook would never do that. Kyuhyun’s jaw clenched at the thought of everyone in the Dark World responsible for turning Ryeowook evil.

“Hey, earth to Cho Kyu, did you heard what I just said?” Kyuhyun snapped out of his thoughts when someone flickered his forehead.

“Ouch, that hurts, stupid.” Kyuhyun retorted, rubbing his forehead.

“Good.” Henry nodded, satisfied. “That’s what you get for zoning out on me. Anyway, what are we gonna do now? Did you see how strong that Prince was? Damn and even your cute boyfriend’s pretty strong. Ice powers huh? That’s neat.”

“He’s not my boyfriend.” Kyuhyun corrected Henry.

“Boyfriend, love interest, crush, best friend. Same thing.” Henry waved his hands and rolled his eyes, “So are you gonna just forget about him now that he’s gone to the dark side?”

“Hell no.” Kyuhyun responded within a heartbeat. “I’m going to bring him here and then talk some sense into him.”

“And how exactly are you going to do that?”

“We’re going to talk to Kangin.”

“Dude, no.” Henry gave Kyuhyun a deadpanned look. “Kangin’s a beast. I’m not going anywhere near him.”

Kyuhyun groaned, “He’s our only option, Henry!”

“I know but he’s huge and he actually scares me!” Henry whined, “His arms are like twice the size of my thighs!”

God. Since when did this kid get so whiny? While Kyuhyun argued back and forth with Henry, someone suddenly plopped himself next to Kyuhyun and both the boys jumped, turning their heads to a gummy smile greeting back enthusiastically.

“Whatcha guys up to?”

It was Eunhyuk. Most probably, If Kyuhyun had to guess this was mischievous Hyuk since he was holding two popsicles in his hands. He offered Henry one of them and Henry’s eyes turned huge, accepting it like a kid accepting candy. Kyuhyun opened his mouth to warn Henry that it was most probably going to taste bad, knowing from first-hand experience but then he decided to keep his mouth shut. It’d be kinda funny to watch Henry suffer once in a while. The minute Henry the Popsicle, his whole face turned red and his eyes scanned the table full of food wildly. He grabbed a bottle of water and downed it in one shot and then grabbed Kyuhyun’s across the table and drank it all up.

“HA! Gotcha! That’s wasabi popsicle!” The mischievous Hyuk next to Kyuhyun laughed at the poor chipmunk running around the cafeteria to find water. Kyuhyun burst out laughing too, he had to admit, that was kind of funny.

Once Henry had finally gotten rid of the hot taste of his mouth, he dragged himself back to their table, glaring at the two boys who were laughing at him. “You ers.”

“That was HILARIOUS!” Mischievous Hyuk exclaimed, wiping the wild tears from his eyes. “You should totally be a variety star, you have good reactions!”

Henry reached across the table and grabbed Mischievous Hyuk’s hands and then all of a sudden, the smile on Mischievous Hyuk immediately vanished off his face. He frowned at Henry. “Now, that’s just mean.”

“What did you do?” Kyuhyun asked, curious of what Henry did that got his mood so affected like that.

“Just brought back a painful memory.” Henry grinnied cheekily. “Apparently, he used to play lots of prank with Donghae back when they were on earth.”

“That was kind of mean, Henry.” Kyuhyun told him, realizing that Donghae must have meant a lot to Eunhyuk.

“Serves him right.” Henry shrugged. “Anyway, Hyuk, do you know of anyone here that can teleport other than Kangin?”

“Why should I give you any answers?” Mischievous Hyuk pouted, looking hurt.

“Because if you don’t, I’m gonna bring back more of those memories.” Henry lifted his hands, stretching it across the table.

Mischievous Hyuk moved back and waved his hands, “Alright, alright, I’ll tell you, geez you’re a bully!”

“That’s how you survive in life.” Henry shrugged. “Now tell us, idiot.”

“Teleportation… Hmmm… Well… There’s Seohyun. She’s pretty hot but she doesn’t know how to teleport for nuts. She’s going to need a lot of training.”

“And then there’s Lee Jin Ki. He prefers the name Onew though. He teleports fine but the last time he tried teleporting, the girl that was wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter