Ice

One Last Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook

“Let the darkness begins.”

The beasts are set free.

Everyone is running around in circles, running away as fast as they can as they try to create as much distance as they possibly can. I’m running too because… What else can I do? I’m frightened by those scary-looking beasts and… I don’t want to die. Although… I’m highly suspicious that place could be the afterlife and that I’m actually really dead.

A growl erupts so loud from one of the beasts and reflectively, my legs move faster on their own. I turn around while running to check on the beasts and the others who were slower than me. I feel like I’ve lost ten years of my life as I witness the beast tearing apart a woman’s body. I freeze on the spot, unable to continue running. My legs are wobbling and I cannot think straight. A woman… That beast… The blood…

“What are you doing idiot, run!!!”

A man in his late forties curses at me for standing in the way and then pushes past me with all his strength. I topple back and land on my . I wince, rubbing my shoulders where the man had hit me. Hearing a ferocious growl all of sudden, my eyes widens as I look up.

Oh. My. God.

They’re even bigger that I thought they were now that one is up close. And their eyes are jet black and absolutely bloodcurdling. My tears threaten to spill as I try with shaky hands to drag myself back. I want to stand and run but … The beast is too close, the beast is too huge and I’m afraid any wrong move will end up agitating them even more. The face of the beast is like a wolf and it’s teeth are razor-sharp making me yelp just imagining it piercing through my skin. The animal grunts and moves towards me and I’m screaming inside.

And then it happened.

My heart jumps as there is a wall of… Ice right in front of me shielding me from the beast. The beast growls, looking frustrated that I’m no longer it’s snack. I blink once and then twice and then decide that I should really get my up and start running. I don’t know what the hell just happened but all I know is that… That wall of ice is not going to stop the other beasts from tearing me apart.

When I get up, I’m momentarily frozen again. But this time, it’s not because of my fear towards the wild beasts. I’m in shock because there are people flying in air – some of them even with wings attached on their backs! There’s sparks of electricity, sparks of flames, and wait a minute… Did I just see a girl turning into a…. Snake?

What the hell is going on?

When I hear a growl again, I start running. I don’t know what is going on but apparently, everyone is getting powers? Superpowers? I run past a teenage boy who is blowing something that looks like acid from his mouth onto some beasts. I manage to duck the boy’s acidic spit just in time before turning around. Now, I don’t know which is worst. Getting killed by the big beasts or getting killed by humans with superpowers?

I don’t know how but I’m suddenly attacked from the back by something large. I feel myself soaring through the air and landing against a rock or something. I’m momentarily disorientated and I blink to regain consciousness. That is when I start freaking out because a beast is making it’s way towards me. I try to stand but my body refuses to listen to me. I feel something trickling down my face and touch my cheeks.

Oh my god.

I’m bleeding.

This is it. This is the end. I’m going to die. The beasts’ starts to run and it leaps high into the air, towards me. As a reflex, I raise my hands over my head and then something happened.

Cold.

A cool sensation hits me and I feel it, right on my hand. I open my eyes and I gasp. The beast… The beast is… Frozen… Literally frozen in ice. I blink and then stare at my hands… Did I… Did I just… Did that? I turn my hands outwards and raise it up. I want to do it again. I want to really see it, see what I’m capable of. I don’t know what I did or what I’m thinking of but my eyes goes huge when I feel it again.

The cold sensation travels through my body and then it comes out in a form of ice through my hands, through my own skin. I close my outstretch hands and fist it and stare at it. Oh my god. I don’t even have any words to describe what I’m feeling right now.

With a new found confidence, I get up and join the others who dared to fight the beast. Some others had fled away, running to hide behind some huge rocks. Hmm, now that I think about it… Those rocks were not here previously. Could it be that someone had… Created them? Well… Anything’s possible in this case.

I raise my hands up and start shooting ice at any beasts that dares to come my way. I don’t know how I’m even doing it but the feeling of it, the feeling of the ice forming from my hands, the view of pure white ice soaring into the air… It makes me feel… Powerful.

I don’t know how long I’ve been fighting… Or maybe… Icing… Beasts. But all I know is that the number of beasts gets lesser and so does the number of survivors. Eventually, all the beasts drops onto the ground, dead. They suddenly turn into black smoke and disappear into the air, making the survivors look around in confusion. It wasn’t until we hear someone clapping that we realized that Lord Heechul is up there, floating and smirking. And there are two men on each of his side. One of them is incredibly handsome with a sharp-jawline and he’s wearing black shades, making him look mysterious. The other one is not as handsome but he has a dark look to him with messy black tousled hair and dark and intense eyes that look like it could kill with just one glare.

Lord Heechul starts speaking but my mind goes blank because as I’m looking through the faces of the survivors, I noticed him. He looks older, his jet black hair now almost fully grey. But he’s smiling cockily, looking proud that he’s one of the damn survivors and I immediately lose it. He’s not going to live. Not much longer.

A razor-blade sharp ice spike pierces through the man’s body. I don’t even realize that I did it until I hear gasps coming from the other survivors. Lord Heechul stops talking, turning his attention to us but at that time, I almost don’t give a about who is looking. The spike of ice pierces through the man’s body, leaving a hole through him and although it looks gruesome, I feel myself smile in pleasure and I take in his wide-eyed pained expression.

But something happens and I find myself seeing red.

His body… His body suddenly glows and… , his body stretches and his skin forms together and he’s ing healed like nothing happened. It makes me mad and so, I start heading towards him with my hands raised. I don’t know what’s going on but my vision turns blue and all I can feel is cold air surrounding me. My hands releases ice spikes and they go through the man’s body, creating deep cuts and holes on his chest. But again, it heals almost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter