Wings

Will You Save Me

                                                 Chapter 5

The school was absolutely buzzing with excitement today. "Eun Bi, it's Monday right? Why is everyone so excited?" Aurora asked the beautiful girl standing a couple of desks over as she walked into homeroom. The girl paused, looked at her slightly confused and then chuckled. "Ah right. You wouldn't know. The yearly carnival is this weekend." She then grinned. "Our school has a tradition of bringing people together. It's like cupid. If you spend the weekend at the carnival with the guy you're meant to be, you'll get married shortly after you've both graduated." Aurora frowned making Eun Bi laugh again. "It's just a legend. I mean you could say it worked for a couple of people, but who's to say it wasn't a coincidence, you know?" She patted Aurora gently on the arm and walked off.
When Aurora actually sat down, she noticed Jungkook staring down at his desk. "Are you okay?" Aurora asked. Jungkook's pretty little head flung up. "Yeah, of course...umm." The seemingly nervous boy bit his lip and gave a small sigh. "Aurora, you should hang out with me at the carnival" He said finally.  Aurora instantly smiled. "Yeah! I can do that."

It was now Wednesday and Taehyung hasn't been to school all week. A gross, sickening feeling crept inside her. She couldn't help but wonder if something bad happened to him because he hadn't been responding to her texts either.
During lunch Aurora spent the extra time she would have spent talking to Taehyung, wandering. It had actually been about a month since she began school here, but she still had no idea where a lot of rooms were. 
In her wanderings she found the music room. When she opened the door a sort of peaceful air hit her and she walked in. She found a boy sitting at a piano in the far corner. Nervously, she approached him. "Yoongi..." He looked up at her. "Is Taehyung not here today either..?" He sighed. "No. Not today. Aurora...You have Jungkook. Forget about Taehyung." Aurora tilted her head. "They're both my friends Yoongi..." He looked at her harder and sighed again. "That's not what I meant..but you're going to do what you what no matter what I say..." Aurora shrugged in agreement and left.  

After the final bell, she found Jungkook at her locker like normal. "Ready to go?" He asked her. The girl nodded. "Yep, let's go!" 
"So what all is at the carnival?" Aurora asked him as they were walking. "Oh you know...games, fried food, rides. My favorite is the Ferris Wheel." Aurora nodded. "I like the fast rides." Jungkook laughed. "You always have."
Aurora stopped walking. "What?" Jungkook's eyes widened a little however only for a split second. "I meant to say, I'm sure you always have...Sorry" He laughed slightly, rubbing his head. 
Aurora stood in place as Jungkook attempted to keep them moving. "Listen...I've been meaning to ask something.."
"Oh shoot!" Jungkook face palmed. "I forgot to grab something from my locker.. That's what I get for packing my things in a hurry. Ask me tomorrow, you go on ahead!" He said turning and running back towards the school. Rory watched him go, not sure if that was the truth or not. Sighing, she turned and continued walking.

Aurora tossed and turned all night. There was something telling her that she should be afraid as she attempted to sleep yet there was something familiar about that fear."Taehyung?" She asked half asleep. "Where have you been?" She opened her eyes and found no one in her room. The sleepy girl rolled over in her bed.

Aurora found herself in the park. However she found herself to be in the forest more so behind the park. Her flashlight illuminate her path. She was terrified, never has she been out in the park this late, none the less in the forest part of it. The scared girl knew she was looking for something. She began to follow broken pieces of what appeared to be machinery some sort. Suddenly Aurora could hear a shifting noise and a couple small noises of pain. Her light went out right as she saw what she had been following. It was a crashed plane. The girl lifted her head and closed her eyes as if to stop the tears from falling. She bit her lip and eyes still closed she let out her own cry of pain.
Finally she opened her tear soaked eyes and found someone a couple feet in front of her. It was still dark so all she made out was their pale back and that they were standing in front of the wing of the plane. She walked closer to the person and stopped. The back had two very deep wounds going vertical. It was a male, she realized, and he was surrounded by ugly, bloody, and terribly disfigured, black feathers. Her shaking hands covered as she watched an arm reach over and dig in the already heavily bleeding wound. Aurora closed her eyes once more and sharply turned her head. She no longer wanted to see this sight
When she opened her eyes next, she saw a young version of herself sitting next to Jungkook at what looked like the bed of a river.
"Where does this water come from?" She heard herself ask him. "There's a really big bridge that's up high", young Jungkook said. "Underneath this bridge is very dangerous water. But at the very end of it, it calms down. That's where we are, where it's calm." 

The next morning she found a pile of crisp white feathers. However, hidden underneath these feathers Aurora discovered a single broken and crumpled black feather. 

Gif not mine