You're a Caramel Macchiato

Will You Save Me

                                               Chapter 3

The rest of the week went by pretty solid. It was Friday when Hyelin heard about the gym incident. "RORY, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME??" She practically screamed at the poor girl, making her flinch a little."You guys would be soooo cute!" She gushed. Aurora simply shook her head and chuckled.
"Oh girl..." she said. "I'm not really sure how many times I need to remind you that a relationship isn't quite what I'm wanting currently. Besides, he was just being nice to me. I had a little bit of a break down the other day and he wanted to cheer me up." Hyelin then proceeded to look at her like she was the dumbest human being to walk this earth. Her eyes then shifted behind Aurora, following, Rory turned and looked. It was Taehyung. 
"Good morning Aurora. I hope you slept well." The new girl nodded slightly. "Good morning Taehyung." He smiled and continued walking. Hyelin gawked at her. "TWO?" was all that came out of before she walked off shaking her head, astonished. Rory stood there rather confused. "Two what?"  

Taehyung became Aurora's lunch partner. He always seemed to know where she was eating. She had actually gotten in the habit of mixing up where she sat everyday. The courtyard was so pretty and so spacious to just sit in one place all of the time. Jungkook walked Aurora home almost every day. At night they both texted her goodnight. She was never sure why they adopted her into their friend group. They were always trying to cheer her up. It almost made the girl feel like a project. Everytime Aurora would remember to ask Jungkook or Taehyung if she had met them before, she would get interrupted. 

Slowly, there began to be slight tension between Taehyung and Jungkook. Aurora decided it was non of her business though and no one mentioned anything about it to her either. About two minutes from her house, Jungkook stopped. "Hey...what do you think of Taehyung.." Aurora turned to look at him. "hm? Taehyung?" Her eyes shifted up as she thought about the question. "Uhh...He's really nice and friendly. All of you guys are!" she said with a  smile. "I'm really glad that I met you guys." Jungkook seemed rather neutral with the response and left it at that. 

It was Saturday evening. Aurora had spent all day studying and catching up and  was dying. She couldn't stand being in doors anymore. "A walk it is!" she announced, putting on her grey converse. 
 Aurora quickly found herself back at the abandoned park and eventually the old pool. She began to just think about everything that has happened in the past few months. There is always going to be pain in her heart however, the grieving girl has come to accept the events. She closed her eyes as a breeze touched her face and threw her hair around. "Mom...Dad.." she said, eyes still closed. "I'm trying. I don't want to disappoint you guys.." There was suddenly a hand on hers and she could feel herself smiling. Aurora honestly thought it was them until she opened her eyes again and found Taehyung sitting there with his hand on hers, looking up at the sky. The girl wasn't quite sure what to say to him, nor was she sure what all he had heard. Why was he there just holding her hand..? He slowly looked at her and her face began to get a little warm and they ended up just looking at each other for what felt like minutes. "Come get some coffee with me." He said softy, making her melt. 

Aurora slightly nodded, hoping he wouldn't see her reddened face, she followed him. He chuckled at how she almost just seemed to trail him. He gently grabbed Aurora's arm and moved her more towards his side. "Tell me more about yourself" he said still facing forward.  
She gave one of her normal shrugs. "I'm a rather simple person. I'm living here with family friends. We used to move a lot because of my parents' jobs so I didn't ever really have very many friends. I've never dated anyone either. I'm just kinda used to being on my own." The girl found herself opening up to this schoolmate she just met. "I'm already by myself" she thought. "If I scare him off, so what?" 
Taehyung nodded. "You're not new to Korea though, huh?" Aurora's slightly drooped head flung up. She turned to look at him. "How did you know?" 
Taehyung then smiled. "Well, you said you've traveled a lot, and your Korean is really good." Her eyes shifted back down. "Oh, right." She kind of felt silly, but she decided to ask. "Umm actually about that..have we..-" "We are here!" Taehyung says happily as he ran up to a medium size cafe. He glanced back with a huge smile. 
Rory couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. "Nightwalker Cafe? Sounds interesting.." Taehyung sighed and pulled on her arm for her to follow. "It's a cafe with later hours for those who have to stay up late and need a little boost and a good place to study or do homework. Actually a friend of mine owns the place." He smiled again. "Now come on, no one is going to your blood." 

Looking around, Aurora was rather impressed by the interior. It was sort of Romanian and was very spacious. She laughed at the occasional mirror on the wall that was covered up with a sheet. "No one will my blood huh?" She joked. Taehyung shrugged. "A lot of people come here late and probably don't want to see how they're looking." the boy joked back. They then moved over to stand in line. "What to get..." Aurora said to herself, but Taehyung overheard. "You're definitely a caramel macchiato." 

After the received their drinks from the barista, Taehyung lead her into the back sitting area. "Holy velvet..." She said walking in and finding a table to sit down at. She glanced about the room covered in red velvet. The furniture was rather Romanian as well, but comfortable. Taehyung shrugged again. "Do you like it?" Aurora nodded."I used to be obsessed with vampires. There's something oddly romantic about them." 
"They're kind of like fallen angels, forsaken and what not..." Taehyung said softly looking up at the ceiling. He then cleared his throat. "Well, anyway, I helped decorate the place so you better like it!" 
Aurora was finishing her caramel macchiato rather quickly while Taehyung was sipping his vanilla latte almost thoughtfully. "Hey..Taehyung, tell me about you too."
He looked up from his cup. "Me.." He smiled. "There's not much there."
Aurora huffed a little. "Oh come on. There's a lot to you, I can tell. You're kind of a trouble maker." Taehyung smirked.
"Well what would make you say that?" Aurora shook her head with a smile.
"The first day I met you, you just finished skipping school. On top of that, you're quite the jokester with me."
 Taehyung's face suddenly lacked expression. "Say...what do you think about Jungkook?" The orange haired boy asked. Aurora furrowed her eyebrows. "I think he's a really good guy. He's super sweet trying to cheer me up and what not. Your entire friend group is. I really appreciate you guys helping me." She said in response. Taehyung nodded.
 About 20 minutes later, Taehyung looked at his phone for the time and stretched. "Ready to go?" Aurora nodded. She didn't realize how late it had gotten herself. Taehyung began to follow her home to make sure she made it alright. It was pretty late after all. "I can't have some guy come up and bother you, can I?" He said as he followed. Finally they got to her house. Taehyung cleared his throat. "Um, Rory...This is going to sound bad..." She looked at him, completely puzzled. Who starts off by saying something like that anyway? "I've picked up that you living here isn't...um, well it wasn't something you chose. I just wanted to tell you and I'm aware of how selfish this sounds...but I'm glad you're here and I hope you stay." Aurora's blue eyes widened and she fully took in the orange haired boy in front of her. Finally, Rory broke into a smile. "Good night Taehyung." He smiled back. "Goodnight." 

I didn't make the gif