Begin

Will You Save Me

                               Chapter 1

Aurora rested her tired eyes on the new school. It was honestly like a staring contest. Her delicate hands were shaking violently. Sure it would be easy to blame it on the vanilla bean coffee she chugged to replace the sleep the poor girl didn't get last night, but nerves were definitely winning this little battle. Tightening said shaking hands on silver backpack straps wrapped around her shoulders, Aurora gave a giant sigh."Well.. here goes nothing.." She mumbled to herself, beginning her stride into the rather huge school.

The girl's super long, dark hair helped her blend in a little yet the dark blue eyes and the fact that she was a little shy of 6 feet made it obvious that she was a foreigner. Quite quickly Aurora began to stick out like a chocolate bar in a swimming pool. Curious eyes glanced all about her as she was walking and there were a ton of whispers about her.
"I can understand everything you're saying..." she muttered bitterly under her breath. Finally Aurora arrived at her designated home room. To be sure, the nervous girl checked about 4 times to be sure before even touching the handle of the door. Walking into what felt like Judgment Day she quickly found an empty desk and sat down. A boy next to her was listening to really loud hip hop music and doodling pictures of Pokemon. 
Quietly she  began to take off her coat and the movement caught his attention and he failed miserably to cover his gawking expression. He was really cute though so this brought a slight smile to her lips. "Can I sit here?" She asked in very practiced and not to brag, perfect, Korean. This said perfect Korean seemed to surprise him even more and he only managed a stuttered "Ye- yeah.."  
She turned and began looking out the window. He might have just said his name to her however the still very nervous girl became lost in her own thoughts. "I wonder if I'll meet those boys again." She only remembered them a little bit. They showed her what it was like to be rebellious, and while she didn't practice such a thing on her parents for it would just break their hearts, she loved the free spirits those boys held in their thin little chests. 

The homeroom teacher walked in and obviously began scanning the room for her. Most transfer students apparently don't sneak into the class like she had managed to do. "Ah, transfer, come here." and just what she had been afraid of and trying to avoid, Aurora had to walk up and greet the class. "My name is Aurora Cato. I've moved here from Portland Oregon.." she then mentally slapped herself. It's not like many if anyone at all knows where that is. "America. Nice to meet you all.". Saying nothing more she walked to her seat and waited for class to start.

"But her eyes.." Jungkook exclaimed to the already slightly annoyed group, whom had to spend the last 30 minutes of their break listening to him fan boy over the new student. "Yeah.. we get it." Namjoon chuckles.
"She actually seems kind of mean." Jin said in mid bite of banana pudding. Jin actually was in the same home room class. 
"She's like a rose that's been damaged and is trying to bloom again." Jungkook said is to correct him but he just earned a groan from the boys. Namjoon pretended to throw up. 
"I'm not so sure if you should be messing with a foreigner. They're dangerous." Yoongi half joked. 
"However, if you need our help, you'll get it." Namjoon says with one of his smiles. They all nodded in agreement. "Have you seen Taehyung?" Hoseok asks looking around. "He stayed home today. I'll have to fill him in." Namjoon answered. 

A heavy sigh escaped Aurora as she watched butterflies dance around on a flower bed out in the courtyard. The dark eyed girl was doing her very best to eat but her mind was going a million miles a minute and she was beginning to run out of lunch time. Her pocket virbrated, waking her up from her little trance. She smiled upon realizing that it was a text from the family friend she's currently living with, checking up on her. A shadow fell into view and the phone was snatched from her pale hands.  Simply raising an eyebrow, she looked up at the figure clutching the Samsung. "What?" Aurora asked rather annoyed. 
"Pshh..this girl." Jimin mumbled. "Your phone doesn't quite look right to me so I'm fixing." He dropped it back into her lap however being the stubborn girl she very well can be, refused to look at it until he left. There were new numbers in the contacts. He texted one of the numbers, Jungkook it said, meaning he has my number too. "Not bad.." I said to myself at the cleverness of the group. "Ahh...That's the boy I met this morning..." she says. Shrugging Aurora picked up her things and headed inside. She continued to fumble through her phone.
 
At the worst possible time, and as if her realization summoned him, Jungkook appeared out of nowhere. He was blushing slightly "Do you know where you're headed off to? This school is rather large and confusing." The girl didn't know what to say to him for she had just found a picture she took with her parents before the plane took off. She was then thrown back into the cruel reality. She had survived that plane crash and they didn't. They left her all on her own to live with a woman she hardly knew. Tears were streaming down her face and Jungkook refused to break eye contact from the crying girl standing in front of him. Finally she turned her already drooping head slightly and nodded. Going to her next class was the least of her concerns at this point. Jungkook stood there wide eyed as he watched Aurora walk away. She could tell he was trying to think of things to say. After all it was the look she had grown familiar with for the past couple of months now. 
 

School was out and Aurora didn't quite feel like going home yet. As a result a walk in the new city she was forced to settle down in was initiated. In this little hour long journey, she found what looked like an abandoned park. Her dark blue eyes widen as she got a weird feeling of nostalgia. Towards the back of it was an old pool definitely taken back over by nature however the basic form of it still stood in place, just as she somewhat guessed. The girl then closed her eyes and placed her tiny self in a simple grass patch in this skeleton of a pool.

 "V!!" She called after the running boy. "Please be careful with that!" He had a handful of lit sparkler firecrackers and Aurora was so frightened he would hurt himself.
"Calm down mom!" a boy appeared a long with a name. "Jungkook." V turned and dropped the firecrackers, seemingly on purpose and the poor grass was on fire. "V, seriously??" She wasn't sure if she was scared or angry. He grinned at her . The whole time, the fireworks were covering his face..Aurora couldn't ever see who this V was.

Aurora woke up to someone shaking her. Her eyes opened to a concerned boy with unnatural orange hair. He looked about her age. probably a little older. He was clearly taken back when I looked at him. "Ah, sorry..It just sounded like you were saying.." He rubbed the back of his head and slightly turned, removing eye contact. "Nevermind...I just wanted to make sure you were alive.." The sleepy girl laughed at this. Something about that tickled her. It definitely could have been the fact that she rather loathed that she was the only one to survive, that deep down inside she wish she wasn't alive too. She continued to laugh, tearing swelling in her eyes until they broke and made a wet trail down her face. The boy's eyes widened when all of this went down. However those eyes then warmed and he sat there silently waiting for her to get it all out. 
"I'm sorry..." she said taking tissues purposely kept in her bag for such occasion and patted the tear streaks from under her eyes. "Your school uniform..I attend the same school as you." He said to Aurora. "I kind of ditched today." The boy then chuckled. "I guess you didn't really like your first day." 
She forced a weak smile. "It's a complicated story." His eyes flickered into her dark blue ones and it felt as though they dug into her very soul.
 "My name is Kim Taehyung." He offered a slim hand and the just now stable girl accepted it hesitantly. Trying to smile an actual smile. "Nice to meet you. I'm Aurora. Call me Rory for short." 

 

I didn't make the gif :)