Ceasefire

It Started with a Curse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  CHAPTER 4   ceasefire   


An hour later, I’m a second close from punching that smug expression he has been wearing for a while as he keeps on observing my next move. For a moment, I actually thought that maybe he wasn’t that bad when he made breakfast and called me to join him. Well that was until I was about to get a hotdog and he instantly took the food away from me.

 

“Come on. Say the magical words and I’ll be kind to give you one,” he states while raising his brow at me as if taunting me to do something reckless.

 

I smirk. I’m sure he wants me to lose my patience on purpose but I’m not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that he can easily provoke me. “It’s okay. I’m not that hungry anyway,” I say calmly and force a bright smile. Unfortunately, my stomach just has to growl at that very moment, causing the brat to snicker.

 

“Well if you say so,” he says mockingly and I shoot him a murderous stare.

 

Honestly, if I only don’t need his help, I wouldn’t think twice before leaving this place.

 

I see him biting the hotdog extra slowly while staring at me in an amused manner. Psh. It’s so obvious that he’s trying to make me salivate on purpose by doing that.

 

Nope, not gonna give in. I try to divert my attention and let my sight explore my surroundings. I could hear him munching the food loudly but I’m not gonna look back on his direction. I want to leave this room and have a bath instead to avoid the temptation offered by the food but I’m pretty sure he’s gonna make fun of me the moment I stand up.

 

My stomach suddenly growled again, more loudly this time. Darn him! He’s a ruthless, insufferable jerk! He releases a hearty laugh and I try to hold my anger. Breathe in, breathe out. Don’t do something you’ll regret later. I close my eyes and hope that I’ll be able to endure this excruciating pain my stomach is feeling. I eye the food again and I could feel my head get dizzy from hunger. If I try to grab the food from him on the count of three, there is a fifty percent chance that I wouldn’t succeed because the plate was closer to him.

 

“Shi-,” I mutter under my breath. “Please give me some,” I say forcefully through gritted teeth.

 

“What? I think you forgot one word,” he says, feigning innocence. I can’t believe this bully! Calm down Seulgi. I take a deep breath, clench my teeth and force myself to utter the words I don’t want to say.

 

“Please give me some Mas-” I take the opportunity while he is busy smirking at me like an idiot to grab the plate in front of me. Unfortunately, his reflexes are fast enough and he gets hold of the plate before I could even touch the food.

 

“Let go!” I hissed, seething in anger and hunger. One should never annoy a person who is both angry and hungry because that person might do something very reckless. As if on cue, he immediately let go of the plate and I did not waste a second to snatch the food from him. Not minding the stare he is giving me, I immediately attack the food in satisfaction. It is very unlikely of me to do this but who cares? Nobody could witness my barbaric way of eating except for the monster across me.

 

A small moan escapes my lips as I savor the juicy meat. Oh gosh, how I miss my endless supply of food at home! Maids respond to my every whim and I could just eat all I want, anytime and anywhere. If it wasn’t for that witch, I wouldn’t have to suffer in this shabby place. Uggggh!

 

“H- Ho- How did you do that?” he stutters and I stop myself from eating to look at him. I look at him blankly and roll my eyes.

 

“Of course I grabbed the plate and got the food. Duh.” It is better to keep my reply short so that I could continue eating right away.

 

“I wasn’t talking about that. You sounded like a large cat when you hissed earlier and your eyes… your eyes changed its color!” he exclaims as if it was the most impossible thing to happen. I eye him in confusion and he immediately looks away. Wait, is he afraid of me now because my eyes, according to his statement, changed in a flash? Wow this brat seems to be shaken by a mere change in color.

 

“Well I told you I was the cat but you wouldn’t believe me.” I snapped my fingers in front of him. “Yah. Stop looking at me like I’m some sort of freak. It wasn’t my fault that I got stuck into this situation.”

 

“But you are really a freak,” he states and I glare at him.

 

My grip on the fork loosens and I slowly stand up. “You really want to see a freak?” I ask in a murderous tone and flex my fingers as if I was getting ready to release my claws.

 

“Oh I- I think I heard my phone ringing from my room,” he immediately responds and flees from the dining room before I could even blink. Ha! Was he really that freaked out earlier? Hahahahahaha! This makes everything easier, I guess. I just need to figure out how to activate my cat features to keep that brat in place.

 

 

I lean back on the chair, pat my stomach and release a loud burp after finishing most of the food on the table. I know it was unladylike but nobody else is here. The guy hasn’t reappeared for a while for which I’m thankful of. I place the dishes on the sink and stretch my arms. I wonder where that devil is. And no I’m not concerned about him, I’m simply curious.

 

My eyes wanders around and spots a half-empty glass and as if on cue, the skin beneath the collar I’m wearing begins to itch. Oh right. I need a bath- a warm and nice bath to be exact.

 

I walk toward his room and noticed that the door is slightly open. I am about to push it when it suddenly moves, revealing the person I was looking for. He stares back at me with wide eyes.

 

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost,” I comment and smirk when I saw him gulp though he tried to keep his face void of any emotions.

 

“I’m actually face-to-face with a real life monster,” he quickly retorts, although his voice sounded a bit shaky when he said that.

 

I raise a brow at him yet he didn’t cower under my gaze. So he has actually gotten over the earlier situation. Darn. I thought I could still use it to my advantage.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter