Enslaved by the Monster

It Started with a Curse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  CHAPTER 3   enslaved by the monster


Heat radiates through my body as I snuggle closer to my pillow. I immediately place my left arm on it and encircle my legs around it. But why does it feel like my bolster is a bit longer? I mentally curse myself when I remembered that it was supposed to be bigger now that I am a cat. However, my pillow also doesn’t feel as soft and fluffy as before. One more thing that bothered me is how did I get back to my room? Oh well, I’m just too tired to be bothered by it.

 

A hand swats away my arm and I hear somebody grunt. “Move away,” I hear a sleepy voice mumble.

 

I immediately open my eyes when I realize that someone is with me. The room is so dark that I had to concentrate very hard to be able to at least see the outline of things. I thought cats have night vision but why is mine not working? Is it only applicable to real cats and not to girls turned into cats?

 

I tried to look around. I loosen my grip on my pillow and I realize that my bolster seem a bit distorted. Its figure is almost the same shape as the back of a guy.

 

Suddenly, I remember the scene earlier where somebody showed kindness to a poor girl, I mean cat that time, like me. He reached out his hand to me and I think I fainted after that. Well, I could remember bits and pieces after I woke up. I think he made me dinner and placed a yellow collar on my neck (which he randomly found on the top of his refrigerator). Other than that, everything was blurry. My mind must have been so exhausted to be able to process everything from today.

 

Okay, for a moment I thought I was back at home already but on the bright side, wow, he really did take me home and pampered me. Some people might be so bored with their lives that they have time to spare in taking home stray cats. It’s not that I’m complaining; I just find the situation rather amusing.This guy must have felt so lonely lately. I mean, he even allowed me to sleep beside him and I don’t think I have seen other people in this house earlier.

 

I smiled. Perhaps, the heavens took pity on me and gave me another chance to live. Well thank you Mr. Whatever your name is. I hope he would allow me to stay until I can find a solution to my problem.

 

I could feel my eyelids getting heavy. After a few seconds, I drift back to dreamland.

 

 

“What the hell are you doing here?!?”

 

A deafening scream wakes me up and I feel my whole body land on the hard floor. Instantly, my eyelids fly open and a furious guy was glaring down at me. I slowly get up to a sitting position. Wait, he looks awfully familiar. Have I met him before, like before he saved me? Well that’s not the point right now. The point is he’s freaking screaming at me like I’ve done something so heinous. What the eff is his problem?! Last time I checked, he was the one who took me home.

 

I rolled my eyes. “Duh you’re the one who took me home!” I defended. Wait, I can speak again? My hand instinctively touches my neck and my eyes widen. It is rather smooth and not furry and I swear I could feel my fingers. My eyes slowly drift down to check my paws when my mind finally takes the situation I am in.

 

I am sitting on the cold floor in nothing but bare skin. With a guy I barely know barking at me like some dog trying to get rid of a cat. And we are in the same freaking room.

 

“Get out you !” I shriek and throw him the nearest object- apparently an alarm clock from his side table- I could find. I instantly grab his blanket to cover my ness. Unfortunately, he caught the other end and now I’m having a tug-of-war with him.

 

“Yah! Who are you calling a ? You are the one who trespassed into my room wearing nothing and you dare to call me the ert? And why are you wearing the collar I gave to the cat last night? What did you do with her?!” He keeps on blabbering and he suddenly tries to yank the blanket away from me.

 

I scream again. “Let go of the blanket!”

 

“No you let go. And put back your clothes. Please have some decency,” he says and I saw his eyes look away in embarrassment. A tinge of red colors his cheeks and I could feel the heat creep up my face too. In all fairness, the guy is quite good-looking. Too bad he is rude and harsh on our first encounter. He would probably fit my type if I met him on any other circumstance other than this one. Oh gosh Seulgi. You are clad in nothing but bare skin and you’re still thinking about your type?! I mentally want to slap myself. Why do I always get carried away with my random thoughts?

 

“I don’t have any clothes! This wasn’t supposed to happen. She told me that I’ll be cursed until I return that stupid heirloom!” I yell both in frustration and embarrassment. There are a lot of things that are going through my mind right now that I don’t even know if what I’m saying makes sense.

 

I hear him sigh in exasperation and I could feel him loosen his grip on the blanket. With all my might I immediately pull it towards me. I waste no time in wrapping it around me.

 

He immediately stands up and goes to the door. “I’ll be waiting in the living room. Get dressed first then give me an explanation.”

 

He is about to turn the knob when I get up and stand. “Wait! Um, Iactuallydon’thaveanyclotheswithme,” I say quickly and look down the floor. Oh gosh this situation is really awkward.

 

I hear him groan, making me look up. I see him rake his hair in frustration. “Just grab some clothes from my closet,” he replies in a stern voice and slams the door shut right after.

 

I sigh. I didn’t realize that I have been holding my breath for a while; I actually expected him to yell at me again or something. I slowly walk towards his closet and open it. I just grab whatever I see first and immediately dress myself. I turn to my side and watch my reflection on a full-length mirror. My god, I look so horrible! Aside from the fact that I am wearing an oversized shirt and shorts, my hair’s a mess and I have scars, scratches and bruises all over my fair skin! Seriously, I need to visit the dermatologist as soon as possible. I want to cry for my damaged skin.

 

As I watch my horrible state in front of the mirror, I can’t help but feel a bit sticky and itchy with the collar latched to my neck. I want to take a shower first to get rid of the dirt on my body and to also sort out my situation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter