Final

Not So Magic Stone

“Oh gosh! Are you okay?” Jessica hears few footsteps running to her. She then feels a hand grabs her arms and another one holds her shoulder, trying to help her sits. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

 

Jessica can sense some urgency in that voice, yet with some sincerity. She slowly opens her eyes, and sees beautiful angelic face. Scratch that, a goddess.

 

“Is she an angel?” Jessica thought. She rubs her eyes to make sure she’s not seeing things. If she does, she does not want this to ends. She blinks her eyes few times, and still sees the ‘angel’, creasing her eyebrows, with the sign of pure concerns on her face.

 

“Mmm miss, are you okay?” The ‘angel’ asks. Jessica only nods her head few times. “Okay, lets me help you.” The ‘angel’ then helps her to stands. She still in state of confusion, or actually fascination and she can’t help but to stare at the ‘angel’.

 

“Miss?” The ‘angel’ waves her hand.

 

“Oh yeah” Jessica shakes her head slightly. “Yes, I’m fine. Mmm yeah, totally fine” She assures. The ‘angel’nods. There is awkward silence, as no one opens their mouth.

 

Another few moments passes with silence. “So mmm it’s you, not the stone…” Jessica rubs her nape. “You know, that talking just now.”

 

“Mmm yeah.” The ‘angel’, female, who apparently human as well says while nodding her head. “Actually, I saw you at the intersection, and we’re heading the same way. I thought you notice me back there.” The girl explains.

 

“Hmm no.” Jessica shakes her head, “No, I didn’t”. She lowers the gaze. Suddenly the ground is more interesting to look at.

 

“Really? Hahaha I guess I’m wrong then.” The girl awkwardly chuckles.

 

Jessica looks at the girl, admiring the face of the girls. Suddenly realization hits her. Her eyes get bigger as she remembers what just happened.

 

“Oh my Gosh! Did I just thought the stone talk to me?” She facepalms herself. “It’s so embarrassing.” She sighs.

 

“No! No! No! It’s not! You’re…kinda cute” The girl mumbles the last part.

 

“What did you day?” Jessica asks, not able to catch what the girl said.

 

“You look like a kid back then.” The girl says, with her cheek slightly pink. Jessica doesn’t seem to notice it as she as well blushing too.

 

“Hehe, really? It must be funny. I bet you think that I’m crazy.” Again, Jessica rubs her nape. Eyes looking elsewhere but the girl in front of her. She then hears the laugh again. This time it makes her heart thump and butterflies in her stomach.

 

“You are! I… I tried my best… not to laugh… but…” The girl can’t control it anymore. She laugh loudly until her stomach hurt and tears start to falls.

 

“Okay. Okay. I get it. Stop laughing. It’s embarrassing.” Jessica said, fanning her face. The girl slowly stops her laugh and wipes the tears that falls on her flawless face.

 

“I’m so sorry.  I don’t mean it in a bad way.” She chuckles and looks at Jessica. “You’re just too cute…” She stops abruptly when she realizes what she says. Jessica raises her eyebrow when she hears that. “I mean… you’re funny… yeah… And I thought you were drunk…” She says.

 

“Drunk?” Jessica raises both her hands as waves it few times while says, “No. No. I’m not, I just too tired and sleepy. I’m not drunk, it’s forbidden in campus to drink, you know.” Jessica defends herself.

 

“Yeah, I know. You must be too sleepy huh” The girl playfully says.

 

“Well, yes. It’s a hectic day today.” Jessica says, still embarrasses. There are few moments of silence again until Jessica decides to break it. “So, are you going back to college?” The girl nods. They start walking, slowly.

 

“I’m Tiffany, by the way.” Tiffany says, stretches her hand towards Jessica. She grabs Tiffany’s hand. As their hands touch each other, they both feel some sort of electricity flow throughout their bodies.

 

“I’m Jessica.” Jessica shakes her hands. No one seems want to let go as they both mesmerized by each other eyes. Jessica breaks of both their trance and pulls her hand, make them miss each other warms on the chilly night. Well, it almost two in the morning.

 

“Which college are you?” Jessica asks as they start to walk again.

 

“I stay at Ezra Stiles College.” She looks at Jessica . “You?”

 

“Stiles? Seriously? Me too!” Jessica says, with eagerness. She looks at Tiffany and smiles when Tiffany looks at her too.

 

“Wow, her smiles, beautiful.” Jessica thought, not knowing that Tiffany has the same thought as hers. Obviously she doesn’t know. She’s not psychic but psychology student (Psychologists do not read minds, mind you).

 

Tiffany averts her eyes from Jessica as she feels her cheek burning. However, she can’t hide her happiness as she asks, “Really? What a coincidence! Which block are you?”

 

“Block D” Jessica answers.

 

“No freaking way!” Tiffany suddenly stops. She turns her body, now facing Jessica and grabs Jessica’s left arms, “Me too! Block D, Stiles!” She happily says, showing her eyesmile.

 

“Oh my Gosh! I have goosebumps now.” Jessica says while rubbing the left arm which still holds by Tiffany. She can feel the electricity again. “Which level are you?” She now asks Tiffany.

 

“Three.” Tiffany says, showing her three fingers. Jessica opens her eyes wide upon that answer. Now she really feel cold spine.

 

“Me too!”

 

“Really? No way! This is amazing! We’re at the same college, same block and even the same level.” Tiffany now jumps a little bit, acts like a child who just get new toys.

 

“How come we never meet before?” Jessica looks at Tiffany, not really expecting an answer. Tiffany just shrugs her shoulder while showing her eyesmile. Tiffany lets go Jessica hand, grinning still. Jessica too, can’t help but smile at the sight. She can feel her heart getting warmer.

 

 “So, where are you from? It’s quite late now.” Jessica asks. She looks at her right, Tiffany. Such a breathtaking view.

 

“I’m from studio. You know, with the mid-sem just around the corner, I have lot projects need to submit.” Tiffany sighs.

 

“Studio? Are you from architecture?” Jessica tilts her head to Tiffany.

 

“Cute.” Tiffany thought.

 

“Yes I am. Sophomore. You?”

 

“Human Sciences, Psychology. Sophomore too.” Jessica smiles. “I guess we’re at the same age.” Tiffany nods, smiling, or more like grinning. Not that Jessica mind, it still beautiful.

 

They walk slowly, bumping their shoulder as they walk. There is silence, but not an awkward one anymore. They both enjoy each other present. Hearts beat rapidly. Unknown to them, their hearts start to beats to the same beat. They soon (not to soon, like fifteen minutes later) arrive at their block.

 

“So, which room are you?” Jessica asks Tiffany as they slowly climb the stairs.

 

“3.6.” Tiffany says. “Wait; don’t tell me you stay at the same room as me too?” She asks playfully. Duhhh of cource not. Even so, Jessica laughs whole heartily at the lame joke.

 

Oh how Tiffany wish it is true. It must be dream come true to be in a room with a girl as attractive as Jessica. Not to mention her face, her eyes, her nose, and her lips, “it’s thin and looks so kissable… wait what?!” Tiffany shakes her head rapidly. “I must be sleepy already.”

 

“Are you okay?” Jessica asks.

 

“Yes, I just tired.”

 

“Me too.” Jessica says. “This is my room.” She says when they stop in front a door, 3.1.

 

“Oh, we’re not too far away. It’s really strange how we never cross path before.” Tiffany says, slightly confuses but nevertheless still smiles.

 

“Sure it’s strange.” Jessica puts both her hand into her jean pocket. Her right hand suddenly touches a not-so-smooth-round-thing in her pocket. She carefully takes it out. Tiffany’s eyes follow Jessica’s hand.

 

“Oh, it’s the magic stone!” Tiffany jokes, her eyes smiling too. Yes, she remembers every word that Jessica said when she tripped.

 

“Oh no. Don’t bring it up. It’s still embarrassing.” It is sure embarrassing. Well, who wouldn’t, it just stupid if one’s think stone can speak. “But I don’t remember I put it in my pocket.” Jessica blinks, looks at the stone.

 

“Well, I guess the stone did have magic and it enters your pocket itself.” Tiffany playfully moves her eyebrows. That makes Jessica laugh again. And again, Tiffany’s heart skips a beat. Soon, she laughs too. With that, all their tiredness flies away too.

 

“Hmm hmm. This stone sure has its own magic.” Jessica grabs the stone tightly and looks into Tiffany’s eyes. “It tripped me over, and we meet.” Jessica smiles, not takes away her gazes from Tiffany.

 

“Indeed. It sure has magic, Jessica.” Tiffany smiles, a soft one. The way she says Jessica’s name make the latter want to hear it again. It’s just simple one, just like how her other friends call her yet she can feels some endearment from the way Tiffany says it. They look into each other eyes and smiles.

 

“I guess you should go back to your room. It’s too late now.” Jessica says, even though she does not mean it actually. Tiffany nods.

 

“Okay, take a good rest, Jessica.” There she goes again. Jessica grins.

 

“Yes. You too, Tiffany.” Tiffany smiles and then turns around to walks to her room. Jessica looks at the stone at her right palm, she then looks at Tiffany who now few metres away from her.

 

“Hey Tiffany.” Jessica calls while running to Tiffany. Tiffany turns around and looks at Jessica confusedly. Jessica grabs Tiffany right hand and put the stone on her palm. “This is for you. As a gift for our first meeting, the magic stone” Jessica smiles as she closes Tiffany’s palm. However, she is still holding Tiffany’s hand.

 

Tiffany looks at their hands. “Magic stone.” She mumbles quietly, but loud enough for Jessica to hear it. She then turns her gaze and meets with Jessica’s eyes. “Our magic stone.” She says again and takes a step closer to Jessica, showing her eyesmile. Jessica nods.

 

“Our magic stone” Jessica repeats, like the sound of the words.

 

Their magic stone. The holds of their hands get tighter, as their smile get wider but warmer. Maybe the stone indeed is a magic stone. It brings two stranger become friends. It creates a new friendship. And maybe it will leads to another relationship. Maybe the stone can be the start of beautiful love story, magically.

 

Or maybe the stone is not so magic at all. Their meeting tonight, has more logical explanation. Destiny.