Chapter 2: The Past

My Not-So-Beautiful Hangover

Kaylee's POV


I sat the last box down in my new room and walked back out into the living room. TOP and GD where passed out on the couch, while Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri where passed out on the floor. Zoey was leaning up against the wall that faced the couch watching the five boys. I walked over to her and slid down the wall so that i was sitting next to her. It was hard to believe that just two weeks ago I had run into TOP at the market.

It had all moved pretty fast from there. Once GD made up his mind that I should move in with him, there was no convincing him otherwise. Then when I finally gave in, there was no convincing Zoey that she didn't need to come with me. Even though she was two years younger than me, she was very over-protective of me, and looked at it as part of her best friend duties to protect me. So me living alone with a k-pop band, especially since one of them had already impregnated me, wasn't an option.

 I sat there for a moment, until everyone else seemed to have either fallen asleep or slipped into some sort of box lifting induced coma, and then I stood and walked back to my room. I wasn't sure if I was just nervous about living here or if it had something to do with being pregnant, but I just really wanted to unpack.

I grabbed my pocket knife and cut the first box open. I reached in and slowly pulled out a black photo album with purple flowers on the cover, a smile slowly appearing on my face as opened the front cover.

"What are you doing?" I heard Seung Hyun's deep voice from my doorway. He walked a little closer  before adding, "You should rest, it's  been a long day." The concern in his voice made me smile, for a moment the awkwardness between us melted away and it was like when we where younger.

I pulled a picture off of the first page of the album and held it out for him. He crossed the the room and took it from my hand, a chuckle escaping his lips as he realised what I had been looking at.

The picture was of two kids in middle school uniforms, the boy was a couple inches taller than the girl and he had his arm wrapped around her shoulders protectivly. They where smiling happily at the camera, the boy using the fact that his arm was around her shoulder to give her bunny ears. Looking at the picture of TOP and I when we where kids made me remember the first time we met...

FLASHBACK

TOP's POV


I was hurrying to my next class. I had taken a shortcut through the first year hallway and I was almost past all of the class rooms when suddenly one of the doors burst open and a girl ran out and slammed into me. She was obviously not Korean, she had long super curly blonde hair and deep blue eyes.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I pulled myself up. It wasn't until I reached down to help her up that I realised that she was crying. She ignored my hand and pushed herself up before taking off running down the hall.

Part of me wanted to ignore her and go to class, but I knew I couldn't do that. I needed to make sure she was ok, so I ran after her. We ended up on the roof, she had run to the corner and slid to the ground, seeming to be oblivious to the fact that I was standing a few feet away.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I finally asked, managing to scare her. When she ignored me and didn't answer, I walked over and sat down next to her. "Fine, then I'll just sit here until you do. I've got nothing but time."

She ignored me and whiped the tears from her eyes. She was staring off into space when I noticed that her jacket had slid down and part of her upper-arm was visible. It wasn't the fact that she was wearing a jacket in the middle of summer that caught my attention, it was the fact that what was visible of her arm was covered in bruises.

"What happened to you?" I said as I sat up on my knees and faced her.

She realised that her arm was visible, and quickly pulled her jacket back up, "It's nothing."

"It's not nothing!" I yelled. I took a deep breath and studied her tear stained face for a moment, "Ok, if you won't to talk to me and you don't want to tell me who did this to you, just listen. Whoever did this has no right to hurt you, I don't care who they are. If they hit you, you hit them right back!"

Finally a small smile broke through her usually indifferent face, "I'm Kaylee."

"I'm Seung-Hyun," I replied. We sat there in silence for a moment, but it was a comfortable silence. "You're a first year, right? I'm a third year, so call me Oppa, okay?" I said as I stood up. I offered her a hand to help her up, this time she accepted it.

"I'm sorry I made you late for class, Se... Oppa," She said softly.

I ruffled her hair and walked her to her class.


END FLASHBACK

Kaylee's POV

After that day we had been inseperable. The picture that TOP was holding had been taken a few months later on Seung-Hyun's last day of middle school. I sighed, a wave of sadness sweeping over me. He had been my best friend, my protector, my... my first love; but that was all over now.

He looked up, seeming to sense my sadness. He handed me the picture and walked over to one of the other boxes. "Yah! Stop it, you're tired, you should go sleep like everyone else."

"Not unless you rest too. You're five months pregnant, I need to keep an eye on you so you don't over work yourself." He replied without turning to face me.

I sighed in frustration and looked back at the photo for a moment before sliding it into the album. I looked back at the man who was now organizing books onto my bookshelf. Despite how awkward it was for us to be around eachother since I move back to Korea, he was still just as protective of me as he had been when we where kids. A small smile formed on my lips as I continued to watched him. Same old Seung-Hyun.

 

A/N: Hello again! Sorry I havn't updated in so long. To be honest I felt like no one was reading this story and it led to me being depressed which lead to writers block. So comment and subscribe! Let me know what you think! I love hearing from you guys! I will do my best to update more often now!