retrouvailles (II.)

here, my dear!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☼ ☼ ☼

 

 

“The flowers are blooming well this spring.”

 

Mingyu pauses in his humming. He nods his head and flashes the florist a small smile, looking down at the bouquet of roses and carnations being carefully arranged in front of him. “Yes, they are rather beautiful this year.”

 

“For your lover, again?” The florist smiles kindly, eyes bright with delight at Mingyu’s appreciation. The old lady adds an extra bunch of baby’s breath in between the pale, white roses and pink-tipped carnations, the blooms melding together pleasingly in a myriad of colours. Mingyu nods and smiles again, a more genuine one this time at the lady’s goodwill, and she gives him a motherly one right back.

 

“You must love him a lot, to be giving him a bouquet every week for so long,” she continues, voice muffled momentarily when she darts behind the counter. Mingyu adjusts his coat and laughs, a short exhale of air that is all the right amounts of politeness and mild amusement before he straightens his cuffs.

 

“Considering the amount I’ve spent on all these flowers, he better appreciate it,” Mingyu quips, and the old lady laughs as she pops her head back up from the table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter