the rest is rust (and stardust)

here, my dear!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
☾☾☾

 

The night is still young and the moon is still bright when Mingyu awakens. Squinting, he lets out an uncharacteristic yawn before sitting up and pushing the covers back, careful not to jostle the sleeping figure beside him. Mingyu steals a quick glance downwards, and a fond smile crosses his lips.

 

Wonwoo’s eyes are shut in deep sleep, and he’s curled up with the sheets tangled between his legs. The dim moonlight streaming through the curtains casts strong shadows over his features, but somehow Wonwoo still looks beautiful. Mingyu wants to stay, he really does, but there is work to be done and issues to be addressed.

 

Mingyu changes into one of the many suits hanging in the closet and brushes back his hazel brown hair. Not a very inconspicuous colour, but Mingyu’s experienced enough not to get shot while outside on missions. Adjusting his cufflinks, he turns back to look at his sleeping lover. Mingyu hesitates for a moment, knowing just how much of a light sleeper Wonwoo is, but he decides that he really doesn’t care. Mingyu returns to the bedside and leans over to give Wonwoo a kiss.

 

Mingyu’s lips barely brush against Wonwoo’s before he’s quickly surprised by a pair of arms locking around his neck and tugging him down. He pulls back to find himself faced with a visibly upset Wonwoo, and his heart starts hurting with more than just a simple ache.

 

“You’re leaving again?’” Wonwoo asks softly, voice trembling with suppressed emotion. He tightens his grip around Mingyu, pulling him on top but not yet meeting his gaze. His ebony hair is tousled from sleep, falling in messy waves over his forehead and into his eyes.

 

“You know I have to, Wonwoo. I don’t like it anymore than you do,” Mingyu sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter