Fear #2

Fear Factors (Being rewritten)

"Oppaaaaaaa... did you see my glasses?" Kyungsoo is shouting while walking down the stairs. It's early in the morning and she has already ruined her day by missing her eyeglasses. "Oppaaaaaa" she tries once again to find her older brother. She is sure that her oppa is the culprit. "Oppaaaaa I won't get my breakfast if you..."

 

"Gosh, Kyungi. It's still morning. Can you lower down your voice? Why do you like shouting so much by the way?" finally Kris, her most handsome older brother, comes in sight. He seems to get his american breakfast just now. Why does he like that kind of breakfast so much? Kyungsoo mentally asks.

 

"Where is my glasses?" Kyungsoo keeps her curiosity about breakfast and asking another question. In fact, this is the reason she breaks their peaceful morning, right?

 

"Mwoya? That's yours. Why are you asking me?" Kris now is sitting in the sofa, munching his sandwich while eyes sticking on the sport news on TV, ignoring Kyungsoo's annoyed expression.

 

"Oppa," Kyungsoo insists.

 

Silence.

 

"Geurae. See you, oppa," Kyungsoo is leaving the room while sulking. She really wants to cry at the moment.

 

"Ya! You're not leaving without your breakfast, Kyungsoo," Kris is trying to stop the girl but fails. "Ya!" he now grabs her wrist. Kyungsoo's pale face is now red from pressing down her anger so hard. "Omo! Uri gongju is mad, huh?" Kris engulfs Kyungsoo's body in a warm hug.

 

"Oppa pabbo. Hiks." She doesn't have the urge to hug back the lanky guy. "Give me back my glasses jebal."

 

"Ye.. ye.. uri gongjunim," Kris pulls his body and brings his hand to wipe his beloved sister's face which has already been in tears. "Why are you such a cry baby, hmh?" he teases her while pinching her sharp- and now red- nose. He then brings her to the couch then give Kyungsoo her breakfast.

 

"I want my glasses not the sandwich," she pouts her thick pinky lips, refuses to eat.

 

"Eat this or I'll tell eomma," Kris tries not to lose this time.

 

"Ish," she finally takes the bread. "What kind of brother that threatens his little sister? I hate you," she glares at her brother but still takes a bite of her meal.

 

"Ahahaha....." Kris can't control his laughter. "What a lovely dongsaeng I have! I love you too, uri gongju," he ruffles Kyungsoo's hair before sitting next to her. He then takes a pair of glasses from his bag and help Kyungsoo to wear it.

 

"Gomawo," murmures Kyungsoo but still can be heard by the guy.

 

Silence. Kyungsoo is still finishing her breakfast while Kris is only staring at her.

 

"Waeyo?" the girl then asks. "Spill it, oppa."

 

Ignoring his hesitation, Kris opens his mouth. "Can you stop wearing that ugly thing, Kyungi? You can get new pair of contact lenses as soon as you want."

 

"Wow oppa. Did you just say that I am ugly?" Kyungsoo asks jokingly.

 

"Aniya. That thing, Kyungi. That thick-frame eyeglasses. Why did you even decide to stop wearing contact lenses? Isn't it more tiresome wearing glasses?"

 

Kyungsoo drinks her milk then heaves a sigh. "You know my reason, oppa. It's been a year since I started with these nerdy things. I've already been comfortable with my appearance now by the way."

 

"Mom will kill me if she knows that her one and only gongjunim is now trying to push away every single person in her school by being a nerd. She is one of those famous legendary singers, remember? She is a social butterfly and you takes her behaviour completely."

 

Kyungsoo looks at the guy in front of her. Such a perfect guy with tall body like a model, handsome Canadian-Chinese face, soft flawless skin, blonde hair and that caring personality. She really loves this guy. Eventhough they are not siblings by blood but they act like they came from the same womb. She can tell the same about him. She doesn't need another evidence to prove that her step brother loves her more than himself. He happily agreed to take care of a cry baby here in Seoul while his father and Kyungsoo's mother, which is also his mother since 10 years ago, should move to Canada two years ago.

 

Kyungsoo shoot her heart-shape smile. "I was, oppa. But now I'm still afraid to have friends. It's bad enough to lose your closest friends once in a bad circumstance and I definitely won't have that for the second time. Besides, it's more than enough to have you as my brother and my best friend. You are my guardian angel, oppa. Saranghae," Kyungsoo attacks Kris with her best aegyo.

 

"Geez, shut up," Kris stands up immediately. "Pick your stuff. We're going."

 

"Oppa, why are you ignoring my love. You hurt me oppa. Oppaaaaa."

 

"Shut it!"

 

They leave the house with Kyungsoo's laughter as the backsound.

 

 

~

 

Kyungsoo is now standing in front of the school's gate. It is only the second day of her second year in Hanyang High School. She corrects her thick-frame eyeglasses with her indeks finger then prays mentally like someone who will enter a haunted house rather than a prestigious school. She tightens her hold at her bag indicating the fear she's trying to press down of something before finally leading her petite body to come inside. She needs to put some of her stuff inside her locker before the bell rings. Other students have already been in a rush since she doesn't know when. She only knows that her body starts to hurt a bit because some of them bumped onto her. They seem excited with the whole new things this year, a contrast to herself who is fearfull with anything related to school. If she could reach her dream to be a pianist without attending school, she would be glad to.

 

Wait a minute. It's like de javu. Kyungsoo stops in her place only for turning around so sudden to check whether a kind of tan guy is going to knock her to the ground. She then sigh. "Thanks God, there's no sign of that beast." She continues walking. "It's being worse that I'm paranoid of that er. God, what did I do in the past? I thought you loved me," she continues grumbling until she bumps onto someone when turning left to go to the locker room.

 

"Damn!" Kyungsoo feels her buttom hurt so bad and her left arm hot. A part of her shirt is already wet and smells like coffee. What happened?

 

"Wow, nerd. Did you just curse at me? I thought nerds didn't say bad words."

 

Only by hearing the beast's voice brings all the fear so sudden to Kyungsoo. Since Kai began all the bad things a year ago, Kyungsoo labelled him as the most scariest thing in her life. She has probably adjusted to those kind of bullying but still, she can't erase her fear of Kai.

 

Kai bends a bit till his face is in front of Kyungsoo's who is still on the ground, head hungs lowly and body slightly trembling. "You made me spill my morning coffee and you dare to curse at me," he says in a low but sharp tone, creeping her out. "If you are that thirsty, then I'm more than happy to give you more."

 

The next second, Kyungsoo feels her already hot left arm gets burning. The devil pour the remaining coffee in the cup to that part of body, making Kyungsoo yelp in pain. He is struggling to hold her scream by biting her lower lip. It's painful, really. Tears are already down her cheeks. Kai then leaves her hopelessly right after the bell rings.

 

~

 

Sniffs. Sniffs.

Kyungsoo tries to hold back her tears while abruptly cleaning her hand in the restroom. It is still felt hurt as she can see her white arm became red. The coffee was quite hot that is enough to make your skin felt like burned. How can she stop the burning sensation? Should she go looking for some medicine in the infirmary? But she has to come to the class as soon as she can because the first lesson will start soon.

 

The first 30 minutes of every day for this week is allocated for homeroom teacher to "chat" with their students so Kyungsoo is probably not really in danger to come late to the class now. But still, she doesn't want to get scolded in front of her classmates. So she takes off her shirt and put on her dark blue sweater. She then half runs to her class that fortunately is close enough.

 

After knocking the door like twice, her homeroom teacher, Ms. Kwon, allows her to come inside.

 

"I'm so sorry for coming late, Ms. Kwon." She speaks without looking at her teacher.

 

"What happened to you, Kyungsoo? Why are wearing sweater?" Ms. Kwon asks in concern.

 

"I..I f..fell in the back yard and made my shirt dirty." Kyungsoo can feel all eyes on her.

 

Ms. Kwon let her sit after making sure that this student of hers is really fine.

 

"Oke, can you repeat your introduction?" Ms. Kwon then says, making Kyungsoo look at the front. She just realizes that Ms. Kwon is with someone there, a guy to be exact.

 

"Oh my God," Kyungsoo suddenly whispers in shock. Her already big eyes becomes bigger even and slowly her palm covers . Why is he here?

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you."

 

 

~

Woah, it's longer than the first one. I'm sorry for any typo or mistake. I didn't have enough time to proofread it. I will edit it later. Once again hope it's worth to read. It's 1 a.m when I'm finished. So I'm off to bed. 잘자요 친구들 😁