Fear #1

Fear Factors (Being rewritten)

 

Kyungsoo is afraid of making friends since the third year of her junior high due to some bad experiences. She has learnt that being a nice famous sociable butterfly won't guarantee someone to be liked by others. She has learnt that people need to do anything to keep their ranks high even if they have to be a two-faces person. She felt hurt badly when she knew that her close friends actually hate her so much for being smart, talkative, famous even the loved one of the most admirable guy in school.

 

When she was younger, she only knew that she was a lovely girl who could make whoever he/she was fall for her easily, that everyone told her they loved her very much, even the grumpy old mother who lived next door told her so. Then who should be blamed when Kyungsoo never thinks that people always walks on different path? Her busy parents? Her silly big brother? Or the grumpy old lady who had already died a long time ago?

 

She never knew the feeling when she was hated or unwanted back then. All she knew that life was so beautiful without tears and pains in it. None taught her how to face that kind of situation so when she experience this one bad side of life, she only could think the 'easiest' way; be unsociable. So, when junior high had ended, she started her plan to live her life differently than before.

 

Making herself be ignored by other students was easy at first for Kyungsoo. She just had to forget her contact lenses by wearing thick-frame eyeglasses, cut her black straight hair in a bob style, lengthen the skirt, be unsociable and she would have the perfect nerdy life as she wanted. As long as she knows, students tend to avoid the nerds to keep their existence well in a caste of school's life.

 

She was one of those 10 students who were accepted to Hanyang in the last batch. She even got in the excellent class, an exclussive class for those top 15 who are perfect in education, talent, and wealth. No one could tell how happy she was at that fact. She dreams to be an awesome pianist in the future. She plans to strengthen her education background by attending this prestigious school before continuing her study in Paris later. She even made some agreements with her parents who in the beginning didn't allow her to study there because rumour has it that the competitions in that school are crazy enough to make students want to end their life. But Kyungsoo was as hard as stone.

 

Unfortunately, Kyungsoo forgot that life sometimes refuses to go easy on her. The happiness she felt was then regretted by herself when she knew that she was the only one who had ruined the ranks. She became one of the top 15 by kicking Kai's princess, Byun Baekhyun, out. From that moment, Kyungsoo can't decide which is more hurtful when she now is in the middle of being bullied. Knowing that people hate you silently is painful, but being humiliated publicly hurts your life, physic and feeling.

 

~

 

"And here we are again with the nerd," someone half-shouted in a pissed off tone that was enough to stop Kyungsoo from reading her brother's message. She knows well who that was. No other than the guy who always sits in a highest chair of every rank -social, education, appearance, talent, wealth, power, charisma, -the number one fear in Kyungsoo's life for the past one year, the almighty Kai.

 

"Can't you just ing disappear from our life?" Kai continued without approaching the petite girl who chose to sit in the very back of the classroom. Kyungsoo feels tinier than she actually is. Eyes still on her phone screen but her mind is somewhere else now. "I think you just like the way we treat you so you need another year to rewind all the fun things, don't you?"

 

Kyungsoo can feel the tan boy smirking as he talked loudly. "He is definitely talking about me", she whispers to herself while feeling her heartbeats increased and her hands sweaty. All ayes are unavoidably on her. Who else the nerd Kai is talking about? She is the only uninteresting person in this infamous class, the real smartass figure with those ugly eyeglasses and dull appearance. Then like a lightning strikes on earth, Kyungsoo feels sticky, cold and chocolate liquid flowing slowly to find its way from her head to her lower body. Tears follow after it.

 

"That's for stubbornly staying here, nerd."

 

~

 

Hi, everyone the first chap was up. So, basically i'm new in writing a fanfic eventhough I read a lot of Kyungsoo fanfics. That's why this story is probably not great enough but I hope it's worth to read 😁 Thanks for those who are already interested in this story.

Oh btw, I'm sorry I changed the tittle and also Kyungsoo's dream.