Pilot

The Apocalypse Survivors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stared through the broken window of our small cabin, into the bloody red river, soulless bodies floating in the water. As soon as the has risen, i could already hear inhuman growls echo all around the dead forest, these creatures are burned by sunlight, which i consider a blessing, at least we can roam around the city as much as we want, but we must hide before the sun goes down, except if we want ourselves dead.

Nearly 2 years ago after the apocalypse, humans tried to run away from death, but failed miserably. I'm not sure about how many survivors like us still exists, i stopped wondering three weeks after the breakout, i lost hope, i lost faith, i saw my family as they transformed, as they became one of these soulless walkers, and now i know how it really feels to be a loner, living in a world knowing the chance of meeting new people is slim, very slim. However, the reason why i'm still gripping on life is different. When i was 24, i used to work at the same hospital as my grandfather, after the breakout, we didnt have time to freak out, the only thing we did was endlessly trying to create a cure before the situation gets out of hand, but things got complicated, it wasn't as easy as we though it would be, every doctor and scientist gave up, but i didn't, i promised my little sister, Dami and my grand father, that one day i would come back with a cure, i tried to escape with my jet to other countries like Japan, China and America, only to face another storm of zombies, the whole world got effected, i ended up coming back to Korea, and that's when i met Taeyang and Seunghyun, Somehow we managed to escape to the country side of seoul, and day after day, we learnt more about the breakout, more informations such as the fact that those creatures get burned by the sunlight, one of the reasons why we call the the 'DarkSeekers', they live in the dark. However, the promise i gave to my sister and my grandfather kept haunting me till now, and i'm willing to find a cure to this mess, even if it costs my life, and the fact that i literally have no one beside me to support me and cheer me up was no help, i have no family, no friends, i'm lucky enough to have my co-workers Taeyang and Seunghyun.

 

 

 

"Good morning, Ji!" Taeyang greeted me with his smile, i found it amazing how he can still pull off a smile,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter