The News

I Loved You Once

My name is Song Maya and I am 22 years-old. My parents worked in Canada before they had me. My mom was a Nurse and worked in a retirement home. She told me a story of a patient she once took care of, who made her stay in Canada meaningful. She named me after that patient, that’s why I don’t have a Korean name. My dad was a high school math teacher.

The key word is WAS.

My parents passed away when I was 7. I lived with my aunt until I was 18 and I moved out into a new apartment. I have always been that person that was quiet. I have trust issues, mainly due to the fact that my parents passed away, and also due to the fact that my love broke up with me in the most hurtful way. He shattered all the trust I had after my parents died. I’m scared that people will leave me again. It is hard to express my feelings towards my aunt because she is always on business trips.

I work at KBS Broadcasting Station as an intern reporter in the fashion field. I love my job, but I always feel low of myself every time I see the beautiful models.

Seoul’s fashion week is happening in a month and I was chosen to interview an up and coming model, Park Sooyeon.

As I arrived to work, there was a group of people surrounding the big T.V monitor at the front of the building.

“DBSK member Kim Jaejoong reported to be seen with rising model Park Sooyeon yesterday at Namsan Tower holding hands”

I shouldn’t care about him, I hate him. But I don’t know why my heart dropped. I thought I let go of my feelings for him, but seeing him on the T.V monitor with someone who’s not me just pushes the dagger he left me further into my heart. I felt a tear drop unto my cheek and quickly wiped it away. Kim Jaejoong, why did you leave me?

*Flashback*

2 years ago…

I was rewatching Stairway To Heaven for the 100th time when Jaejoong let himself inside my apartment. I gave him a spare key.

“Maya-ah”

I missed him so much. I haven’t seen him for a whole week because he was practicing for his debut as a member of DBSK.

“OPPA!!!” I screamed his name really loudly, I bet the neighbours heard me.

He stared at me for a long time, and I realized that something was wrong. He always smiles when he sees me, even when he’s tired. But today was different. I kept searching through his eyes for any hint or clue of what is wrong but I couldn’t find any. His eyes were cold and scary.

He finally spoke, “We need to talk”

“Wae? What’s wrong oppa?”

“I can’t be with you anymore, let’s break up”

“BWO!!! Oppa are you joking me?”

“I don’t love you anymore, I actually hate you. I found someone who can give me what I need, who can give me more pleasure than you”

That’s right. I gave my ity to this bastard.

“What was I to you than? A toy that you can play with and when you’re done throw me out!!!” At this point I was sobbing.

He smirked. It wasn’t his y smirk. It was a cold smirk. “Exactly, I’m bored of you, so I’m throwing you out like garbage”

“I’m garbage to you? I thought you said you loved me. I loved and still love you! I gave myself to you! Oppa, please don’t leave me!”

His smirk widened. I hated it!

I went down on my knees and hugged one of his leg, sobbing and crying my eyes out.

He looked down and tried to shake me off. I wouldn’t let go. He kicked me off and I fell back.

“You look pathetic!” He walked out, never looking back.

 

*Present*

 

Another tear slipped and I quickly wiped it away.

When I got to my desk my friend Lee Byul walked up to me.

“Unnie! Did you see the news? Looking at your puffy face, I assume you have. Mianhe, I should have warned you earlier!”

“It’s okay, I would have figure it out sooner or later”

“Unnie are you sure? Do you need to talk?”

“Aniyo Byul-ah, I’m okay” I gave her a forced smiled so she doesn’t see that I’m actually breaking. And she falls for it.

When Byul left my desk, I started to tear up again, but forced myself to stop. “Maya, no more crying” I told myself.

I saw my office telephone light up and answered line one. It was my boss.

“Maya, can you please come to my office now”

I groaned and rubbed my temples. I dragged myself to my Boss’ office which is one floor up.

I got to his office and sat down on one of his leather chairs.

“Maya, as I have told you before, you will be interviewing model Park Sooyeon in a week...”

It just it me. How could I be so stupid. The model I was going to interview in a week was the model that was holding my Jaejoong’s hand. I mean that bastard’s hand.

“...The sponsor of this year’s Seoul Fashion Week is Kim Corporations”

“KIM CORPORATIONS!!!” That is the company Jaejoong’s parents own.

“WAE? Is there a problem?” He raised one of his eyebrows.

I quickly apologized and let my Boss continue to talk.

“Since DBSK’s Kim Jaejoong is the face of Kim Corporations, along with interviewing Park Sooyeon, you will spend next week with Kim Jaejoong and help him with next week’s events as an assistant”

“BWO???”

“Excuse me Ms. Song?”

“Mianhe Boss-nim!!!” I quickly bowed. “Boss-nim, I’m not an event planner or an assistant, I’m a fashion reporter”

“I know, but you were requested” he sighed.

“By who?”

At this point my Boss’ assistant opened the door.

“Boss-nim, Mr. Kim Jaejoong has arrived”

My eyes widened. .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Hope you all like the first chapter! I will try to update 4 times a week! As well I have not rated this story as an "M" story, but there will be suggestions of intimacy in the story. I hope everyone is okay with that. 

- V.D

BTW: I'm Canadian, so some words are spelt the "Canadian way"