Officially Together

Dare gone wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A solemn atmosphere greeted the grounds of Red Velvet High as the news of Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun's new status as a couple spread like wildfire, shattering the hearts of many students, and sending the notorious Kang Seulgi fanclub into a period of mourning.

"Looks like most of your fanclub's really hurt about you getting into a new relationship." Joy amusedly stared outside the cafeteria window at a bunch of female fans still hoping to catch a glimpse of their favourite Kang Seulgi.

"My fanclub?"

"Yeah the ones that sent me threats for being too 'close' to you." Joy rolled her eyes as she sent Jeongyeon a knowing smile, the latter soon bursting into laughter as she recalled the time they were confronted by the 'Kang Seulgi Protection Squad'.

"Why don't I have any recollection of this?" Seulgi warily eyed the pair before her.  

Joy just shook her head and stiffled a chuckle.

In her first year of high school, she had received various threats from seniors who overly adored Seulgi, with detailed letters outlining what she should or should not do to their favourite bear after Joy had greeted the bear with a tight and suffocating hug at school earlier that morning.

She had apparently gotten 'too handsy' with Seulgi and breached the 'Protect Kang Seulgi's Personal Space' rule in the Kang Seulgi fanclub guide.

Ridiculous right?

Right. 

The fact that a Kang Seulgi fanclub existed yet there was no Park Sooyoung fanclub was absolutely ridiculous.

And that was exactly what further awakened Joy's inner evilness.

She thoroughly read through the stupid guide and did exactly the opposite of what it told her to do, purposely pushing the buttons of her increasingly frustrated seniors.

And when she took her games one step further and landed a loving kiss onto the confused bear's cheek, it really drew the line for the Kang Seulgi Protection Squad.

A clearly furious group of seniors cornered her at her locker after school on that fateful afternoon, menacingly rolling up their sleeves, preparing to teach her a lesson.

But little did they know that being a gang leader's granddaughter had its perks.

And after that incident, all Joy received were frustrated dirty looks from others.

A triumphant smile swept across Joy's face as she recounted her heroic first year adventure while Seulgi stared unbelievingly at her.

"A fanclub for you? Ew...as if that would exist."

"I'm actually surprised that they're taking it better than I expected. I thought that they'd tear down the school or try to break you guys up or something." Jeongyeon chuckled.

"Well they can't really do anything against the President even if they wanted to, considering how overly protective she is." Joy sighed. 

"Speaking of which...your girlfriend has been sending me daggers everytime she sees me." Joy shivered as she remembered the piercing gaze directed at her when she walked past the President in the hallway, even if her eyes didn't met Irene's cold, overprotective ones.

"Oh...about that...I think I might know why..."

 

............Flashback.............

 

Hyunnie: Hey, are you sleeping yet?

Seul: Nope. I've been in bed thinking about you, whats up? :) 

Hyunnie: ...Go to sleep...it's 1am right now...

Seul: Hmmm :(

Irene groaned as she rolled onto her side while clutching her phone tightly.

Her heart was still filled with joy that they had become an official couple...but the knowledge that Seulgi had previously dated somebody else did lodge itself in her thoughts.

She was very curious about Seulgi's past dating experience but couldn't find the courage to ask her about it.

What if she thinks I'm too clingy already?

Would I seem like a crazy girlfriend?

While she anxiously buried her face into her pillow, Irene felt her phone suddenly vibrate.

Huh?

"Hello?"

"Hey...why are you calling at this hour? You should be sleeping, we have school tomorrow." 

Irene lightly scolded Seulgi though she knew that she should've been sleeping too.

"Aw come on...I just wanted to hear your beautiful voice, and anyways, it feels like there's something on your mind that you want to talk about?"

"Eh? Well y-yeah there is something I do want to ask you about..."

Irene stammered as she tried to control her emotions from her flirty girlfriend.

"Mm? What do you want to know? Ask me anything." 

"W-Well its about...you know how you and Joy have dated before?"

At the mention of "Joy" and "date" in one sentence, Seulgi suddenly choked on her saliva.

Maybe she shouldn't of told Irene to ask her about anything.

"Uh yeah...Joy...we're best friends, nothing to worry about! Nothing you need to know! Ehehehe..."

Damn it! That definitely didn't sound convincing! 

Seulgi racked her head thinking of ways to salvage the situation but Irene's curiosity grew even greater.

"I-It's nothing much but tell me honestly, how f-far have you two gone?" Irene blushed furiously as she asked the question that had kept surfacing throughout her mind.

Breathe Kang Seulgi. 

Breathe in.

Breathe out. 

You can get out of this situation!

"Alright. If I answer that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter