Chapter 2 : Dispute

Lost and Found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been weeks since Hongbin enrolled in our school, and I am starting to get annoyed. Hyuk has been hovering all over him ever since he got here and I have never felt so left out. Well, to be honest, who wouldn’t want to be Hongbin’s friend? He has a heart of an angel (unfortunately). Not the usual ‘too-cool-to-be-friends-with-you’ attitude you get from guys with good looks like him. He’s very humble, down to Earth, always smiling.

 

It’s disgusting.

 

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not being a hater or anything. Being friends with Hyuk (not to mention living with him for years) has made me a bit jealous and overprotective when I see an outsider deciding to join in our small circle. I mean, look at him. Playing games with Hongbin in our living room, laughing out loud as they kill each other in the game. I was supposed to play with Hyuk every night after dinner. Why is he taking my place? Also, why is he in our house in the first place? Isn’t it too soon to invite an acquaintance over for dinner? I swear he’s trying to take over-

 

“Stal! It’s your turn to play!” Hyuk exclaimed, snapping me back to reality. Hongbin looks at me, smiling with that dimple-smile of his, stretching out his controller to let me play. I narrowed my eyes at the both of them, processing the situation, then scowled.

 

“No need. Have homework,” I muttered and stood up, ready to leave the room.

 

“But we’re in the same class. We don’t have homework,” Hongbin stated. I paused for a moment and turned around to meet his eyes. Mr-know-it-all. “Come on, I’m tired of beating Hyuk at every level, he’s no challenge,” and he earned a punch in the arm from Hyuk and a small dolphin scream. They both laughed.

 

“Nah I’m kidding. Hyuk’s a great friend to play with,” Hongbin said just to cheer him up.

 

“Well, you can spend the rest of your life with him then. You don’t need me here,” I answered coldly. I left the house with fumes coming out of my ears. I just needed a walk to let out some steam. I didn’t wander off too far. I met a cute little white kitten on my way back home and got stuck rubbing its little tummy. Meeting the kitten totally cooled me down. Afterwards, it ran away with its mommy and I continued my walk home. I saw Hongbin walking away from the front door just as I reached at the end of the walkway. I look at him putting on his cap, adjusting his school blazer, slinging over his backpack on one strap. He looked up and our eyes met again. Ah crap, such timing. I looked away and was going to just walk pass by him when he called my name.

 

“Krystal.”

 

Damn his deep voice.

 

He looked at me with such big eyes, glistening in the night. I tilted my head, giving a questioning look. He swallowed slowly and I can see his Adam’s apple moving up and down, his pupils darting around. Is he nervous?

 

“Did I do something wrong? You don’t seem to be comfortable with me when I’m around,” his voice trembled a bit. I didn’t expect he would notice though. To be honest, I really don’t know what to answer. Am I pissed at him? Yes. Why? I don’t know. It’s a very complicated feeling. His eyes bore holes into me as I responded with silence.

 

“It’s nothing to worry about, Hongbin-sshi,”

 

“Please, just call me Hongbin,” he tried to smile.

 

“But you’re older than me.”

 

“We’re also in the same class, it’ll be awkward to call me oppa. Besides, I don’t think you would want to call me oppa anyway.” Of course, that would mean that we’re close, which we’re not. We strayed from the topic.

 

“Well then, Hongbin,” his name came out weirdly out of my lips, “it’s getting late and I think you should go home.” I left him at the walkway and disappeared into the room.

 

“What’s gotten into you?”

 

Hyuk pestered me all morning asking for an explanation behind my behaviour last night. It really got annoying. I left my breakfast at the table just to run away from Hyuk, but he chased after me to school with a toast between his teeth, struggling to insert his arms in the sleeves of his blazer. I brisk-walked as quickly as I can, but damn his long legs. He caught up to me and pulled my backpack. I whipped my head around and faced him.

 

“Yah! What do you want?!”

 

“You haven’t been answering me!” he started to raise his voice n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter