Tardiness and Awkwardness

MiniMini Oneshots

TARDINESS AND AWKWARDNESS

 

Jimin liked to learn. Well, when it was about interesting topics at least.
He didn't think Astronomy was that bad, actually.
 

But what was more interesting was that one guy who always showed up late. He was always late, either a second after the bell, or half an hour later. 
 

He had grayish-blonde hair now, was so tiny, but somehow intinidating, and had the cutest resting face Jimin had ever seen.

Ever.

-0-0-

After the first week, the professor had given up trying to lecture him on punctuality. It was like talking to a wall. Jimin doesn't think he's seen the boy blink or even change his facial expression.
Every day, he'd show up late, and take the seat directly in front of jimin, not that he had much of a choice since all the other ones were taken anyway.
 

Jimin's probably memorized the back of his head. Not as interesting as the front, according to him.
 

Jimin would love to actually talk to the guy, because he looked so squishy and cute and so one fateful day, He decides to it up, and just do it.
(along with threats from his best friend Taehyung, but he was obviously going to do it himself anyways.)

-0-0-

It was the last day before a four day-weekend and that's when Jimin decides enough is enough and he should probably at least say hi and if he makes a fool of himself it's okay, really cause come on, no one remembers anything after a four day weekend.

He cautiously taps the guy's back, and when he turns around Jimin has to force himself to not shrivel up and die.
"Hi! I'm Park Jimin, Nice to meet you."

"It's literally the middle of the year. Isn't it a little late for that greeting?" the boy says, and starts to face forward again.

woah, that's one deep voice-
PARK JIMIN YOU IDIOT THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR

"Uh... nice to acknowledge your existence, then?"

The boy smirked, and turned back around, shifting his seat to face Jimin and make himself more comfortable. 

"Is this conversation supposed to be going somewhere, Jimin-ssi?" 

"J-Just Jimin is fine. Uh- well, what's up then?" Jimin wanted to mentally slap himself. Since when was he so socially inept?!

"I never know how to respond to that question, honestly. We just met, do you really want to know what I did for a grand total of 30 minutes since I woke up?" He deadpans.

Jimin didn't know it would be this hard to keep a conversation flowing.

"Okay... well this is awkward now."

"you pointing it out makes it more awkward, you know." He smirked wider. Jiimin had a nagging feelling that he liked to mess with him on purpose.

At this point Jimin is positive he's as red ad Taehyung's hair, and that the boy- wait... he didn't even get his name.

"Ah, well, what's your name?"

"Min Yoongi."

As Jimin was about to actually say something that wasn't socially awkward, the bell rang cutting his thoughts off. 

"Maybe we'll have an actual conversation next time, Jimin." Yoongi says, smirking as he slipped a piece of paper with 10 digits scrawled on top of a couple notes. Yoongi gathered his stuff and walked out, trying not to look too happy. He still had a reputation to uphold, after all.

"Well at least I got his number..." Jimin mumbled, face buried under his arms trying to hide his growing blush.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: this is literally how some of my conversations with strangers went. well except any part that was positive like getting any numbers or the latter actually smiling. I'm such an awkward potato, idek xD
 

Anywho, please do leave a comment below saying whatever you want to say. about you, the chapter, anything, really! 
requests are open, seeya next time 
 

QOTC: Have you ever experienced an awkward conversation with a stranger? (I have that's for sure)

leave your answer in the comments below! (if you want, ofc :3)

~bye :)