Encounter with Myungsoo

Woolim University
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo and Dongwoo were resting in the nurse's office. The nurse was helping Dongwoo put on bandages for his face. Myungsoo had already changed into a spare change of clothing. His mind was focused on what happened a few minutes ago; nothing like that had ever happened to him, so he couldn't comprehend whether he had felt anger, annoyance, or confusion. He was genuinely more surprised than anything.

"Myungsoo, are you sure you're ok? Please feel free to rest as long as you need to. Do you want me to call your father?"

"No, It's fine." Myungsoo insisted, smiling to the nurse.

The nurse continued bandaging Dongwoo, and shortly after that, the door slammed open. Awaiting them was a bloody Sungyeol, and Woohyun alongside him. Myungsoo helped himself to one of the beds, leaning his head on a pillow.

Dongwoo choked on his saliva looking at the sight of them. Myungsoo smirked. Dongwoo was on the verge of venting out his anger, holding his fists, only to be stopped by Myungsoo's tight grip.

Sungyeol avoided eye contact with both of them, walking to the sink to clean his arm. By then, the nurse had finished tidying Dongwoo up. 

"Oh my!" She stared in disbelief. Sungyeol winced again.

"Please help yourself. The cotton balls and bandages are over there. I need to use the bathroom, I'll be back shortly." the nurse said, signaling her head towards the counter. 

Sungyeol nodded his head to thank her, and Woohyun went to grab the first aid kit. Shortly after the nurse went to use the bathroom, Dongwoo, with no hands available, needed her assistance again; he was already preoccupied, holding an ice pack over his cheek.

"NURSE! I need your help. I need some numbing cream for my cut, its stings", Dongwoo whined, though was not welcome back with any response.

Both Sungyeol and Woohyun ignored him, as well as Myungsoo. Woohyun was cleaning Sungyeol's elbow with rubbing alchohol wipes, and Myungsoo seemed unwilling to assist his friend, for he had just gotten into a comfortable position, leaning against the bedframe of the nurse's bed. 

"Ya Myungsoo! Help me find the numbing cream, why don't you?"

"Why would I? Find it yourself." Myungsoo smirked again.

"YA!"

"It's not my fault. You brought it upon yourself, so you clean up after yourself," Myungsoo said, in an as-a-matter-of-a-fact-ly tone.

"This bastard......." Dongwoo laughed in disbelief, "Help me out, while I'm still asking you nicely. Aren't you going to kill that commoner of a fool for making us like this?" 

"No. I don't see any reason to." 

"What?"

As soon as Myungsoo was about to answer, the nurse walked in, breaking the tension between them. Dongwoo immediately started complaining to her about all of his problems, talking about this and that and this and that. She quickly brought the numbing cream, and hastily applied it all over Dongwoo's cheek. By then, Woohyun finished bandaging Sungyeol, and the two stood up.

"We'll be going now. Thank you." Both of them gave the nurse a short bow, receiving another bow from her.

"No problem. Hurry up, you don't want to miss your first class." 

Sungyeol and Woohyun started heading towards the door to exit. As soon as they left, Myungsoo stood up from his bed. Grabbing his bag, he started walking out as well.

"I'll be leaving as well. I don't want to miss my first class either." 

"Are you sure? Make sure not to push yourself."

"I'm fine, really. I'll be parting ways now. You worked hard, please rest that pretty face of yours." Myungsoo smiled

Dongwoo rolled his eyes, cringing at his friend's corniness. This bastard is so ridiculous. How ridiculous it sounded, though the nurse already seemed lovestruck.

"O-o-o-f course," she stuttered, "A-a-n-ytime."

"I'll be going now." Myungsoo waved, reaching the knob of the door. He opened it and exited, leaving Dongwoo and the nurse alone. 

Sungyeol and Woohyun had already quite a distance from Myungsoo. He started walking towards them. They were chatting, mentioning his name. More curious, he started walking faster, behind them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter