First Day

Woolim University
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today marked the first day of the new school year at Woolim University. Amongst the campus were students scattering around, talking with each other and searching for their classes. Woolim University had a huge campus with several grand momuments in which they attended for their classes. The outside campus was huge, with many sculptures and fountains as well as gardens.

Coffee in one hand, a map in the other, Sungyeol was busily studying his school map, trying to pinpoint the location of the Central Hall, where his first class was located. This year was his first year at Woolim University. As Woolim University is notorious for only accepting students of high status families, his attendence as a scholarship was quite an upbringing to their initial reputation. 

Lee Sungyeol, 19, grew up with his mother and younger brother. They all lived together in a one room bedroom house with a kitchen small enough for him to barely fit in, and a bathroom that had a rundown faucet and toilet. His mother worked at a supermarket for 12 hours a day to support their family, and was barely ever home. His father disappeared when he was only 2, supposedly had an affair with another woman. Ever since he was a freshman in highschool, he worked at several part time jobs which occupied most of his day. Despite that, he was still able to have the status as a Valedictorian as a senior student. He was naturally gifted, excelling every class and mantaining top of his class throughout highschool. Using his strength, his number one goal was to work hard enough to receive a full scholarship to a top university and graduate, so he could support his family.

In fact, his perfect GPA and incredibly high CSAT score alone was enough to get accepted to Woolim University as a scholarship student. Though extremely intellectual, he lacked in many other areas. When you first approach him, he would appear timid and very quiet. On the contrary, however, he tends to have an extremely bad temper occasionally and isn't afraid to speak his mind if you say one thing wrong. On the outside, he didn't seem like much though. Sungyeol's long shaggy hair covered his eyes, matched by his shaggy, oversized clothes that unflattered his slim body. He would constantly push up his chunky, oversized glasses (that were practically broken, only to be held up by several pieces of tape) up his nosebridge.

With the exception of Sungyeol, all the other students were dressed in expensive, designer brand clothing, matched by their bags worth more than most peoples monthly income. Being as he had dressed in an unflattered red and yellow striped shirt he owned from several years ago and loose distressed jeans, he stood out amongst the multitude of kids on campus.

Struggling to find the Central Hall, Sungyeol started at his school map given to him. He kept walking around outside the campus, not even bothering to notice the other students watching him.

"I can't believe a commoner is attending our school!...this school my be really stooping down its level", two girls remarked, exchanging glares.

"Ugh...what's that awful stench? Must be the smell of a commoner", another boy snickered

Sungyeol, however, was too oblivious to care or notice, his attention still to the map which he had been using to find his class.

The other students continued following him, whispering to each other. Only until another tall, slender boy had entered campus. As soon his presence was caught by the other students, everyone immediately turned their attention to him.

"Oh my god. Is that Kim Myungsoo??" 

Soon, everyone was staring at the tall, mysterious boy. He was clad in black, wearing a loose, but still tight to the skin black shirt, alongside with black skinnies that grabbed the entirety of his legs, from his thighs, to his knees, to his skinny ankles. Perfectally styled hair with a pretty face, he was extremely and notably charming. All the girls started wooing.

They all started walking towards him, until they all had surrounded him. Immediately, questions upon questions were thrown on him, an attempt to get him to notice the thirsty fangirls. 

"Is it your first day today? I'll be more than HAPPY to show you around the campus", a second year student gestured, shoving the other girls away.

 

"Are you kidding me? His father owns this school, how could he not already know it by now?" another girl smirked and pushed her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter