False Rain

The Fragments Of Ship

305 words


It’s a Saturday evening. They have a party to attend tonight but they have another three hours to kill before they have to get ready so they decided to watch a movie.

Mid-movie, he whispers, breathing the top of her hair. “You still smell good. Don’t shower.”

“Are you kidding me? Of course I have to shower.” She croaks drowsily. She curls into his chest, closing her eyes. “I’ll wash my hair, you can smell it better from across the room.”

“I like your a-day-old scent better.”

“That sounds nasty.”

He chuckles and refocuses on the movie. The worst part of movies is always in the first quarter but this movie they are watching is already nearing the . Quoting her, ‘it’s better to watch bad movie so we won’t feel bad about leaving it before the ending’.

He feels the need to argue about that later because bad movie makes him sleepy. Sleepy makes him lazy. Lazy makes him not wanting to move.

And they have to move.

He looks out the window. The day is still bright at this hour. He sighs. “Man, it’s raining hard.”

She looks up to the window and blinks. Deadpans, she plays along, “Damn, I was so looking forward to the party tonight.”

“The traffic would be horrible and the road would be dangerous.”

She fakes a pout. With her heavy eyelids, she looks adorable. “Then we have no choice but to stay in.”

He fights a grin so he won’t break character. “Too bad.”

She drops her head, burying his face into his chest. That’s how she naps while cuddling. Sometimes he wonders if she could breathe.

She no longer moves but he remains awake until the credits rolling. He kisses the top of her head and smiles. Ends up, she doesn’t have to shower after all. 

 


 

a/n this was supposedly a female pov but then i made her sleepy otl

ok no more update for a while

thanks for reading