Painting

DESTROY HER OR NOT..?

Hyoyeon looked at Léon, being confused from what they just found out. “What are these numbers Léon? What is this supposed to mean?” she walked around the room, nervously stepping from one to the other side. As she stopped in front of the open window, a freezing cold air blew her face, making her shiver for a second. “What if it’s a date? Her birthday or of someone else close to her? Or just of any other special occasion?” Léon replied as he stood up from the couch, stretching his arms. “Yes! You’re right, it could be any of those. Let’s see.” Hyoyeon quickly walked over to the couch ready to find the answer. “Hey, Hyo. Let’s have a break for 5 minutes, we’ve been working all day without even looking up from the papers and laptop’s screen. I’ll go get us some coffee too.” he smiled at his partner, receiving a nod from her and walked out of the room.

Hyoyeon was sitting with her legs crossed, thinking about Jessica. “What would that date represent? What is your secret Jessica? What is that big thing you’re hiding from everyone?” she said to herself as she let out a deep sigh. A few minutes passed when Léon came back, he sat next to Hyoyeon handing her the coffee as he sipped on his hurriedly. “Damn, I buried my tongue” he opened his mouth and tried blowing at the same time which made him look so funny and his partner laughed. “Hey, what are you laughing at stupid? You know how much it hurts?” he grabbed a bottle of water from the small table on the right side of the couch but there were only couple of drops left, yet he still drank them. Hyoyeon laughed again and hit him gently on his back.” Let’s get back to work idiot.” She pulled closer the papers again as he went on the laptop and started looking for any information they could find connected with the numbers.

Hour after hour, the time was passing by but they still didn’t have a single word or clue to leed them to the answer. The clock struck 12a.m. as the moon was up, shining on everywhere, making its way through a thin hole between the curtains and right on Léon’s face who yawned, stretching his arms out wide. “I’m tired Hyo, we should go home.” The girl looked at him as she yawned too at the same time. “Yes we should. But I don’t get it. Why would she put these exact numbers? There was nothing connected with them.” She stood up walking over to the chair beside her desk, picking up her purse and phone and putting them inside her bag.” “Or she’s just hiding it really well.” Léon stepped over to the hanger, put his coat handing hers as she also wore it and took her bag. “You’re right. There’s something really suspicious here. But we’re going to find out.” Hyoyeon replied walking out of the room followed by her partner. He walked her to her place and headed back home too.

Hyoyeon took off her coat, stepped out of her shoes and threw her bag on the couch on the way upstairs. She slowly stepped making squeaky sounds on the old wooden floor and went inside the bedroom. She was way too tired to do anything, however she never forgot to do her favorite night routine – watching the stars. Hyoyeon took off her clothes and put on a big shirt which pretty much covered her whole body and lied down on her bed, looking at the dark sky. Since when she was only 5 years old, she loved the sky at night, the stars and the moon. It was a beautiful but rather painful memory from her childhood. Her mum was an astronomer, really passionate about her work and Hyoyeon loved it when they were both together looking at the night sky. She showed her every object out there in the free space which made Hyoyeon learn every single star, planet, constellation and galaxy. Unfortunately, her mum passed away when the girl was turning 13 and it left big scars. Despite the pain though, Hyoyeon loved doing this night routine of hers which made her fall asleep faster. As she was observing the stars, her eyes were slowly closing and not long after that she was already in her own dreamland.

After couple of hours of sleep, Hyoyeon was wide awake. She was not a morning person, however she loved drawing and she was up that early because she felt the need to draw a new painting. It was hard to say if everything she drew before was beautiful since there were lots drawings and every single one was quite different from the other. Despite that, one thing was for sure – she had a talent, although some of the drawings were really weird and surreal.

After getting her breakfast from the kitchen, she walked to the front door and put on her coat going outside. It wasn’t as cold as the previous days yet still around the zero degree and snowing slowly. Hyoyeon went to her car as she took out a big white canvas and put it on a stand which was on the street right in front of the old building. She loved drawing outside most of the time, no matter if it was freezing cold or burning hot. There were some brushes left and a palette with different paints on the stand, yet she went back inside the house to get some new ones and a cup of hot chocolate. While in the kitchen, someone was walking on the street and stopped in front of the canvas. Since the canvas was right under the kitchen’s window, Hyoyeon looked out and her eyes met…

 


Do you guys like it or not? I'm not quite sure since I don't see any comments positive or negative :D So let me guys know what you think. Should I write more or not?