New case

DESTROY HER OR NOT..?

20th February… a peaceful quiet morning in Paris. A town, covered in snow and icy roads, on the trail of awakening for the busy week. Curtains up, windows opening, taking a few steps closer breathing in the fresh air. A toast and a cup of hot coffee at the table, dressing up for work and school. A flow of citizens walking outside within few minutes, crowding the lonely streets quickening their steps, getting the city once again alive.

And there was a small building on two floors, with an old façade and some broken bricks on the walls, yet so beautiful with the white snow on the rooftop as an icing of a cake.

“HYOYEON! HYOYEON! HYOYEON!” knocking was heard on the front door as the door bell rang in rhythm creating so much more noise on the silent street. A blonde girl jumped of the bed on the second floor, running downstairs towards the door as it opened. A guy with 2 plastic cups from the nearby café was smiling at the young girl as he entered inside the house walking to the living room.

“I told you so many times not to yell like that so early in the morning idiot” the blonde girl pulled the elastic red ribbon from her wrist and tied her hair in a long ponytail. Walking towards the couch, she sat down next to the guy and took one of the plastic cups, drinking some hot tea. “Hyoyeon why so grumpy in the morning? And I got your favorite tea. I know you like it.” he giggled patting her shoulder friendly. “Why are you here? I thought you were at the office already and you know I have a day off today.” Hyoyeon sipped on the tea again and got up walking over to the kitchen on the other side of the room, getting some biscuits from the cupboard to eat. “I guess you won’t have your day off because the boss called me just before I got here. We have a new case to write about. Well it’s only one name and some details that he told me but he said we need something big, something sensational which must break out everywhere around the country.”

Hyoyeon giggled almost spitting one of the biscuits. “We really won’t ever get some break unless when we’ve retired will we? Anyway, it’s clear we’re working again so tell me what do we have as an information so far Léon.”  

Léon and Hyoyeon both 25 years old, friends for years since they have started working for one of the big medias in town – “Le Parisien”. They got really close throughout the years but no, not as in that close. They were not a couple, neither did they like each other since Hyoyeon liked girls and he was affectionate towards guys. However their friendship was really strong not only as co-workers but outside of work as well, helping each other, standing side by side in the hard moments.

“The name we have is Jessica Jung. She’s some singer well-known for her beautiful voice, who got really popular recently through one of the music channels and they keep on replaying her song everywhere around the country now.” Léon drank the last bits of his coffee and grabbed the remote turning on the TV. As soon as it was on, a girl appeared on the screen. “And next on our playlist for the day is Jessica Jung with her brand new song!” a voice of the announcer was heard as both Hyoyeon and Léon stared at the TV. As the song began, they both looked at each other before Hyoyeon looked at the screen again and spoke up. “Jessica Jung. Hmm. What are you hiding behind? I’ll find out soon.”