Secret Code?!

DESTROY HER OR NOT..?

A day later in the bustling office of the “Le Parisien”, Hyoyeon was sitting on her desk, searching up some useful information for their new victim – Jessica Jung. Léon was walking towards her as another man shouted out from the other side of the office. “HYOYEON HURRY. MR. DUPONT  IS ON THE PHONE!” The girl quickly stood up, ran to the phone and picked it up. “Mr.Dupont, it’s nice to hear from you. I was waiting for your call.” She took a deep breath as she was listening to the man. “It was hard finding her address because she changed it several times and moved around the town. But for now she’s on “Rue Saint-Honoré” №7.”

Hyoyeon thanked him and hung up the phone as she wrote down the name of the street in her small work notebook and whistled at Léon to walk out with her. As she opened the front door of the office, they could see that it was still snowing. It has been like that for days which was making it hard to walk around town, how much more to drive. They looked at each other giving a signal as in to start walking, taking careful steps, holding onto one another in case one of them slips on the ice. As they made their way to Jessica’s current location, the snowing had lessen and the sun was trying to make its way through the dark clouds. Léon took another step closer to the door as he rang the bell. Once. Twice. Then once more. But no one appeared. “She’s probably not home Hyo. We’re going to try later again.” He walked closer to the blonde girl again and wrapped his arm around her shoulder friendly when a woman went passed them holding a small piece of paper, apparently a poster with Jessica’s face on it. Hyoyeon turned around grabbing the woman’s arm to stop her from going further away. “Excuse me, miss. Can I see the poster in your hands?” she smiled as the woman handed her the paper. Hyoyeon looked at it carefully as she brought it closer to her eyes looking at something more special. She was going to promote her new song in one of the malls in town. Luckily, she was going to be there in an hour as it was written on the paper, enough time for Hyoyeon and Léon to get there. The blonde girl handed back the paper to the woman as both her and her partner started walking faster, taking big steps as they made their way to the central street. They saw a cab a few meters away from them on the other side, ran across the street quickly and got inside.

A few minutes before Jessica’s small concert, Hyoyeon and Léon were waiting for her at the entrance along with all the other journalists. “I don’t think we should ask her anything. Let’s just see her attitude and stuff so we can think of a plan getting to know her better.” Hyoyeon looked at the guy and then turned as the crowd around started screaming loud and shouting out at the car that stopped right in front of them. A man in a black suit walked over, opening the door as a girl’s foot stepped on the ground and then her other foot making her walk out of car from the backseat standing up. Jessica looked around for a second while her bodyguards were keeping the crowd away, letting her make her way inside the mall. She was wearing a short red dress with a big black furry coat on top covering her small body.  It wasn’t a sunny day, neither was it still snowing, yet she was with dark sunglasses, using them as her mask from everyone around. Hyoyeon was watching every single movement of her legs and hands, up to her lips trying to look into her eyes but she was blocked by the sunglasses. But one thing caught her attention. It was a bracelet on Jessica’s small wrist which fell down but no one saw since a lot of people simply stepped on it trying to get closer to Jessica for autographs and pictures. As everyone went inside, only the two partners were left outside as Hyoyeon bent down picking up the bracelet, having a close look at it. It was not a luxurious bracelet, pretty simple and cheap looking if we have to be exact, however there was a small piece of metal on it with something written:

                                                                         ● ● − − −

                                                                         ● ● ● ● –

                                                                         ● − − − −

                                                                         ● ● ● ● ●

It wasn’t a normal text but a code. And what did it say? Well that was now for Hyoyeon and Léon to get to know. They went back to the office and hurried inside their team’s room, sitting down on the couch, putting the bracelet on the small table in front and got some papers and pencils ready to decode the message.

Switching up positions on the couch, one standing up the other laying down, later walking nervously around the room, lips biting and sighing as both of them were trying different combinations to get to know the code. Hyoyeon suddenly jumped off the couch “Why don’t we try with the Morse alphabet?” she stepped closer to Léon who was leaning on one of the desks looking down at the bracelet. “As we can see it’s a code made of symbols so we have to try it.” Léon opened the laptop as they searched for information about the Morse alphabet. After some time of decoding it they finally got the answer-  2.4.15. But what did these numbers mean? 

 

 


Please do comment bellow, I would love to read what you guys think about the story if you like it or not, don't be shy as well don't feel bad if you don't like it and want to leave not a really nice comment, I don't think I'm good at writing anyway, just trying. Tell me if there is something I need to fix or just any problem, as well what you guys find interesting. Thanks! ^^