Pink Smurfs Guy by strawberryjamskookie

Veelah Critique Shoppe
Pink Smurfs Guy
graphic by strawberryjamskookie
Image:
C9yi6Lf.jpg
Critique Discussion:

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#1
Coffee Bowl, long dashes. Really? No. Just stop LOL.

What a cute creator. I'm talking about the username -> strawberryjamskookie haha xD
Aww, you ship Jungkook & Jimin. How cute~
I saw your profile. You like Shawn Mendes. Me too. I never paid attention to him until Treat You Better came out. And I got interested in his music. Mercy was really good. Also, I heard Stitches because of Sam Tsui's cover. I didn't like Stitches until I heard Sam Tsui's cover. I am a fan of Sam Tsui's covers lol. I am horrible. Anyways, Shawn is a cute and talented kid. I like your profile and cute layout haha!

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#2
Okay. So the concept is supposed to be fluff. *nods my head*

The colors of this graphic...I like it. It kind of reminds me of cotton candy instead of kookie's & cream. But it is a cute color. So it suits the fluff theme in a way.
The only problem is that you said it was supposed to be fluff, correct? But Jimin & Jungkook's picture doesn't really scream fluff to me. When you think of fluff, I think of something amusing with some kind of cliche like those lovey dovey kisses and hugs and smiles and what not. Does that make any sense? I sux at explaining. It has been a while since I've been on AFF LOL. Like V said in the past: "Why so serious?" Their facial expression look so serious under these bright colors. I can see you tried to make it work. But it's the serious facial expression that bothers me. At least make their faces look happy. It's a fluff. I'm just saying >////>

1238387.jpg?v=151

veelah veelah

#3
Hey... I'm not the one spamming this discussion with dashes. strawberyjamskookie did it. >.>

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#4
Lmao!! XD
I believe you.

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#5
And Ann should definitely comment here. Lol.

1238387.jpg?v=151

veelah veelah

#6
She will... maybe... goldfish evasiveness.

38892.jpg?v=185

Topu-Da Grey

#7
Am I supposed to participate here? Cause I am a crappy poster maker myself.

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#8
Your Buck-Tick stuff on your profile always make me smile.
Acchan, when he was young, was the most beautiful Japanese man I had ever seen. That's my opinion LOL. xD
He is still handsome and cool.

95252.jpg?v=244

ann1914 goldfish ann

#9
Finally! A graphic request!
I'm here, Rose! //waves fin

Let's see... upon first inspection, I'm not getting the fluff vibe. Like Rose mentioned, the pictures don't match the genre you're targeting. Fluff is like those smiling and don't-take-me-seriously faces. The font choice looks good for fluff but for this one, maybe have them align at the center and not too much near the edges. If you want them near the edges, make them bold and go off the canvas a little more and have the pictures of Kookie and Chim Chim in front of it like how magazine covers look. The layering and slanting of the text is good for fluff. Perhaps adding a background (like those rectangles with the shadow behind them) behind it would make it stand out more. The cookies look out of place or maybe they're just too big. I honestly thought at first that the cookies didn't match at all, like those were mutated cookies or something. The coloring threw me off, haha. Little cookies as a background pattern might work better. You can even alternate the colors like what you did and work your way around that. Or instead of that swirly texture on that solid background, have a simple pattern like slanted stripes and add the little cookies on top. Then as the finishing touch, have the dripping chocolate image as the top (and probably the bottom, too) border.

Good luck on the contest, Jams! I kind of ended up adding some suggestions on top of the critique. You don't have to listen to them though because those are just my take on how I'd make a graphic with those criteria.

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#10
Hi, Ann haha xD

So I'm not the only one who wasn't feeling the pictures. Like don't get me wrong, Jimin and Jungkook look great in those photos. But not in a fluff theme is all. Spoken like a true poster master hehe~

I just go based on first impressions of the poster lol.

The cookies and stuff remind me of horror. Like change the color red, it would remind you of blood smearing down, wouldn't it, Ann?

95252.jpg?v=244

ann1914 goldfish ann

#11
Glad to have you back on board~

Poster master Rose, hehe. Nice. :)

Same. I also go by first impression before I nitpick things. I even nitpick my own graphics but hope no one sees them because re-dos are a pain sometimes. They're not too visible though (I hope), haha. Ah, I forgot to mention, why is Jungkook so pink? At least Jimin looks normal.

They look like Frankenstein cookies. Omg, bloody cookies... that's horrible.

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#12
For now. For now, Ann LOL.

Yeah. I will call you poster master xD

I can't nitpick as good as you because I am not an expert in poster making. I just go by the feeling of the genre and theme and photos. And if it appeals to me. I believe you when you said re-dos are a pain because you want to believe your hard work is perfect. But then, you realize you have to make adjustments and can feel lazy to do so lol.

Jamskookie probably made it so pink to emphasized the fluff theme. I guess. *shrugs my shoulders* True. I like Jimin.

Bloody cookies. Oh god. Would you eat that?

1238387.jpg?v=151

veelah veelah

#13
That pink skinned guy is disturbingly unnatural. Please give him regular skin and not pink smurf skin. Thank you!

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#14
Pink smurf skin. I am weak. *dies*

Girl. I searched pink smurf skin. Look where it got me.
http://www.blueimps.com/images/photos/RegularSmurfs/20213_devil_var2a.jpg

1238387.jpg?v=151

veelah veelah

#15
LMAO. That's epic.

1238387.jpg?v=151

veelah veelah

#16
LOOKS JUST LIKE THAT PINK GUY ON THE POSTER <3

1238387.jpg?v=151

veelah veelah

#17
@Grey, You will have criticism from a viewer's perspective.

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#18
It is indeed epic, coffee bowl. Even I was amazed that it existed lol.

95252.jpg?v=244

ann1914 goldfish ann

#19
@Rose
I was referring to you as the poster master, aha. I'm not an expert either; I'm just an art enthusiast. Ah, it depends on the outcome. If I can bypass its little imperfection then I just leave it as it is (which is mostly the case).

Hmm, if that is so, I'd rather just have him be monochromatic. Then the pinkish flesh wouldn't be as obvious as some sort of weird skin tone like that 'what the heck is that thing' pink smurf. Omg, Rose. If you say it like that then no. That sounds gross. .__.

@Vee 'Disturbingly unnatural.' LOL.

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#20
Me? A poster master? Girl, you crazy. I am no poster master. Trust me. Did you not realized how much better you are at critiquing than I am? Because you totally are. I am dead serious. Makes sense *nods my head*

LMFAO XD

95252.jpg?v=244

ann1914 goldfish ann

#21
LOL. I've been trying to help out beginner designers on here with their work as well so the least that I can do is give somewhat detailed suggestions on top of critiques. The first time I tried to help one user, she didn't know what I was talking about, lol.

I now think of red velvet cookies differently... thanks.

1238387.jpg?v=151

veelah veelah

#22
^ I'm glad I didn't read this discussion thoroughly

1190694.jpg?v=13

Katerina93 Rose

#23
I'm sorry, Ann ><

Generating more posts... complete.