Chapter 9

Let's Play A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

It was 7 in the morning, all the students of the highschool, where Somi and her friends attend, were gathered in the field. What happened last night wasn't a secret to the students, it spreaded like a wild fire.
Every students were whispering with each other. They only stopped when the principal went at the stage in front.

"It wasn't a good morning after all.. I know, that the news reached every student in this school, but not only the the students, but even outsiders knew the truth." The principal paused as she looked at everyone.

"The whole school is grieving for the death of our teacher. We all know that. But as a principal, I have the biggest responsibility to keep the school orderly,assure that the students learn new lessons in life, and the most important, assure each and everyone their safety. But, also, we need to keep the good image of our school, no matter what happens, because this will reflect on each and everyone of us. So I want to say, whatever happens inside the school, let's just keep this inside.."

As the students heard the last sentence of the principal, they started to whisper to each other again, full of disagreement, worries, and confusions. The principal noticed it but kept a serious look.

"Keep quiet." The principal said calmly but full of authority. 

The students were silenced and the principal started to speak again.

"As what I've said, let's just keep the informations inside, but you've got nothing to worry about. The police department won't stop investigating until they put the person responsible for the death of our beloved teacher into jail." 

Some students were relieved. But the others were still worried.

"I hope that we could still continue this school year positively, that's all. Thank you." The principal ended her speech and went down the stage. She walked directly to the main building and proceeded to her office.

The students were going to their designated rooms. Some felt relieved, some felt worried.

"I want to transfer school.. Really.. This is creepig me out" One of the students voiced out. Some  didn't paid attention, but some students agreed. 

Somi was walking with her friends. They were worried too. The news reached the parents of the students, and now some of them would go here, including the girls' parents. They were worried, not only about the happenings, but also about being transferred. It was a new school year, they were still looking forward to positive things and transferring is not in their choice. They still believe that the suspect will be put into jail in no time.

"I hope they won't transfer me. I would beg to my mom.. Chincha.." Yoojung said to her friends, they have the same thoughts, except Chaeyoung.

"Well, we could transfer to better school, we can go somewhere together you know.." Chaeyoung said. She was still scared, after what she saw, she only felt cautious, and scared of her surroundings.

"But I'll still hope that they'll put the suspect into jail.. Because transferring is the last thing that I would do.." Somi said seriously before she bid goodbye and went inside the room.

--

The principal was talking to the parents of the students when a police officer came in. He excused the principal for a while. They went back together with the principal having a bright smile on her face.

"Uhm, everyone.. The police officer has an announcement. " The police officer went to the stage and stood infront of the parents.

"I know everyone was worried about the safety of your child. But I have a good news for everyone. The suspect.. Surrendered himself at the police station a while ago. I didn't waste the time and went here to inform everyone. He admitted the crime that he made. You can visit the police station so you can assure yourself as a parent." The police officer bowed and smiled at everyone before he went down.

The parents were talking, and the principal let them. She thanked the police officer for the news, and guided the police officer to the door. As the principal came back. a parent raised his hand.

"I'll still transfer my child. The decision is final." The man said frimly. The principal nodded her head and spoke.

"It's your choice Sir. So, if you still have concerns, let's fix it in my office. Thank you for coming here." The principal bowed her head. Some of the parents left, but some are still persistent to talk with the principal.

The principal guided them to her office and before she talked to them, she made sure that the students will know about the news.

--

The class was going on inside Somi's room when another teacher excused their teacher from class. Somi bowed her head and just listened to her classmates' chitchats

"I hope my mom would transfer me.."

"Yeah me too.."

"I just jope that the killer would be caught.." 

'Yeah.. Me too.. I hope so.. Because I don't wanna transfer.' Somi said inside her head.

The chit chats continued, but stopped immediately as the teacher went inside the room with a smile.

"Students.. I have an announcement to make!" The teacher said loudly.

"The suspect.. Was caught.. And now in jail." The teacher said seriously.

The students gasped in surprisement, but Somi was keeping her poker face.
 

'It's too fast.. Well.. Atleast..' Somi said in her mind.

"The suspect surrendered himself at the police station. So I guess.. We don't have anything to worry about now." The teacher said with a smile.

The students were relieved with the news. All of them were thankful. The class went on and Somi, also felt relieved.

--

The girls were having their lunch at the cafeteria. They were chatting happily since they knew that the killer was caught. But still, they were having some problems since Pinky isn't coming to school until now.

"I wonder where she is tho.." Doyeon muttered.

"Why? You have a crush on her?" Yoojung asked flatly.

"What?! Me? Oh hell. NO. I was just wondering.. Eish.." Doyoen replied with annoyance. Somi could only shook her head.

"Well, of course she have friends right?" Tzuyu asked the girls. Doyoen and Yoojung nodded their heads as if they get what Tzuyu said.

"How can we only think about that now?" Chaeyoung asked but Tzuyu looked at her and smirked.

"Cause you're not thinking." She said flatly before she gathered her things.

"Come on.. We still have time. Let's find her friends.." Tzuyu said and the others followed her.

They were walking on the hallway, Doyeon and Yoojung is now leading them, since they know better than the others.

They stopped as they saw some of Pinky's classmates.

"Annyeonghaseyo.. Do you know.. where Pinky is? Or her friends?" Yoojung smiled after she asked.

"Oh.. Pinky's absent until now.. Yeonjung is absent until now too.. But Mina.. She's at their usual place.." The girl answered.

"Oh is that so? Thank you!" Yoojung bowed and bid goodbye to the girl as she started to run along with her friends. 

"Where are we going?" Somi asked since she's clueless.

"To where Kang Mina is." Doyeon said and she stopped infront of the garden.

She walked slowly and she reached a table inside the garden, there she saw Mina.

"Excuse me.." Doyeon said as she try to get the attention of Kang Mina.

Mina looked at them and smiled, she stood up and greet the girls.

"Annyeonghaseyo.." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter