5: Moments that counts

OTHER HALF

Author's note: I'm letting this out earlier than I planned, since I'll release chapter 6 tomorrow morning. HAHA. Sorry, no final revisions done with this chapter so you might find some typos and wrong grammars. 

 

--

Myungsoo's POV

 

Me and Sungjong came to school a little later than our usual. We're back to school after not attending yesterday.

I held the small paper bag. Its filled with my lunch and Sungyeol's. And his favorite blueberry cheesecake.

When he asked me to help him remember, I already have something in mind that could probably gave him those triggers he needs to remember. Though in a careful way.

My first night in Topaz is memorable. Since Woohyun-hyung cooked for us all, while we are waiting, we played games and such. I found out that, Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung are a couple. Since their freshmen year in WSHS. I mean, Yeol and Woohyun-hyung are both freshmen and Sunggyu-hyung is a second year that time.

Anyway, I can't wait for lunch. Dongwoo-hyung told me that we're going to have lunch in the rooftop.

"Stop smiling. You look stupid."

Sungjong earned a smack from me because of that. I put the paper bag down and face him. "Do I look good?"

He threw me some paper. "Why the hell are you asking that? You're in uniform. Who would look good in uniform?"

"Sungyeol?"

He threw some paper to me again. "This in love punk! Anyway, some girls are calling you out of the classroom. Go to them."

I rolled my eyes. This again.

"I'll be back."

"Go break hearts, heart breaker. If they only knew..."

I laugh and went outside the room. Two girls are standing in front of our room. Okay, they're both pretty. The one holding out a rose is pretty, and I think she'll be the one to confess right now.

This has been a usual scene in the whole second floor. Girls confessing, I mean.

I was ready to turn her down in one go when someone tap my shoulder gently. The two girls sighed dreamily.

Then I heard some whispers, "DC Chief and Howon! OMG! I feel so blessed right now!"

"They look so cool!"

"Handsome as ever!"

I turn myself around and see Sungyeol behind me with that smile of his. Its not them who should feel blessed. It should be me. I smile.

"Good morning, DC chief." I said.

"Good morning, to you too, Kim. I see you're breaking hearts early in the morning."

I chuckled. "I was just about to. But then you came. You do the breaking."

Amusement lingers in his whole face as he smile at me. "I don't do well in breaking hearts. But I can break your clean records if you won't run back to your classrooms right off this moment."

He says while not breaking his eye contact with me. The girls behind me handed me some letters and then a  rose. Sungyeol gave me a shooting eyebrows.

"I was about to turn her down, believe me."

"Yeah. I know. Go back to your room."

He walked passed by me, taking the love letter from my hand and placed it  near his lips. "I'll see you at lunch, Myungsoo."

I nod and smiled as I walk back in our classroom.
--
Sungyeol's POV

 

I threw the love letter in the nearest garbage bin then continue walking.

"You're so mean. That's not yours." Howon said but he's smiling teasingly.

"That guy is mine though. Whats his, is mine."

We came in our classroom and everyone fell silent. Having some SC officers and DC inside your classroom is really stressful.

Our teacher came in and we all remained seated.

"Okay, as everyone knows, the exams for top 100 is ready to be taken next week, Monday. I do hope you guys are studying. The pre-rankings are out in the first floor hallway. You remember the exams you took on the second week of classes right?" everyone nods. "That determine your place in the pre-ranking. I want a good comeback, you guys are the pilot section. Don't let us down."

The lecture resume. I look outside the windows. The sky is blue that I smiled. If this continues, we will have a nice lunch on the roof.
~
Lunch comes and to my annoyance, some girls keeps on following me, Howon and Woohyun. Woohyun is texting though, so he doesn't care about his surrounding. Good luck on making Howon turn their way. He never cares.

I was about to say that I'll grab lunch from the cafeteria, when my phone vibrated from my pants.

Other Half  ❤: I brought you lunch. Don't bother going to the cafeteria. I even made you some blueberry cheesecake.

"I won't go to cafeteria guys." I said as I hid my phone back to my pocket.

"Huh? Why? You have lunch with you?"

"No. Myungsoo brought me some. So, bye." I turn around to the stairs going up. Sunggyu-hyung came from there though, going down.

"Oh, hey. Where are you going? Aren't you going to the cafeteria to grab lunch with us before going up?"

"I have Myungsoo."

I left them there as I hurriedly run to the roof.

When I open the roof's door, a gentle breeze greeted me. Some students are already here and was surprised to see me. But I don't give a damn about them as usual, not unless they're doing something unusual.

I saw Sungjong sitting on a big picnic blanket. While Myungsoo is looking down to the open field. Sungjong notices me as soon as I arrived but I motioned him to stay quiet.

"I wish he could come sooner. I want to see him."

Sungjong, following my request, continue his conversation with Myungsoo. I sat down beside him. "But you've seen him earlier. Missing him already?"

"That's 7am. It's already 11:30. 4 hours and 30 minutes without Sungyeol is hell."

I almost let out a laugh, but I tried real hard not to. He's still looking on the ground floors when the others arrived. I asked them to stay quiet too, and they did.

"I wish he come sooneeeer... Sungyeol! Come sooner!"

"But I'm already here."

He froze upon hearing my voice and turn around slowly. We are all seated on the blanket and was watching him whine.

He carefully sat down, not breaking our eye contact. His eyes are confused and surprised. Like asking me, how long have you been there? Or something like, are you for real?

"If you won't stop looking at me, we'll missed lunch." I said while trying so hard not to laugh because of his face.

He snapped back though, and pick the paper bag beside him. "I.. I made some lunch. Um, I hope it's for your liking."

I took the lunch box from his hands, and I don't know what pushes me to say, "You'll definitely won't give me that blueberry cheesecake, if I don't eat right?"

He met my eyes. Shocked all over his face. But before be say anything, he swallowed first. Then, "How did you know I do that?"

I shrug. "Maybe because my heart remembers. Lets eat! I'm starving!"

We started digging in our lunch when Dongwoo-hyung came. Howon handed him his lunch and he seated.

"I can't believe the exams are coming near! I hate review classes!" He whined as soon as he sat down.

"Its not like you'll find it hard, hyung. You always ace the exams." Hoya comforts.

"Not like how Sunggyu and Sungyeol ace it! These two never studies but still have the highest mark!"

I just shrug and so does Sunggyu-hyung. Myungsoo looks at me and I smiled. He the  turn to Dongwoo-hyung.

"What's their current rank?"

"Sunggyu never left rank number one  ever since he started school. And so does Sungyeol. If they're in the same grade, they'll definitely tie in every ranking."

Our other friends just nod.

"If you just read, you'll have the best results."

We both look at each other and laugh. Me and Sunggyu-hyung likes books. We read anything that we feel like reading and important. We study everything in advance.

"Just like Myungsoo then?"

Sungjong gained our gazes.

"He's like that too. Not studying but continue to ace every exams. Your types are the most annoying you know? Everyone is like, dying to get one subject in their mind, and you guys are born with it. You guys are crazy."

"Hey. It's not like we don't study. We just, you know? Read before everything? That's how I earned my ranks." Sunggyu retorts.

"Sungyeol is the most annoying then. This guy never... and I mean never studies."

"And then he'll tell you guys, 'I pick the natural answer out of all the choices. Duh.' then smiles widely like an idiot!"

I laugh to that. "Can you blame me for being so natural in everything?"

"I hate you." the five said in unison.

Myungsoo and I shared glances and smiled.

I finishes my lunch and I put it back on the handkerchief covering it when Myungsoo handed me another lunchbox.

"Your blueberry cheesecake."

I eyed the box with so much feeling. Its transparent so I can clearly see the inside. It's made beautifully.

"Yeol never eats blueberry cheesecake if it's not on his tastes."

Myungsoo smiled confidently and gave me a fork. "Eat."

I open up the lid and ready myself for the first bite.
--
Myungsoo's POV


Sungyeol's eyes grew wider and I know that he remember the taste of that blueberry cheesecake I'm baking him back in England. I put our lunchboxes back to the paper bag and took out my bottle of orange juice.

"Do you want some, guys?"

Woohyun and Sunggyu are looking at Sungyeol who's continue eating the cake, not caring about anyone. Dongwoo asked me for a juice and so does Sungjong.

Howon move closer to Yeol and asked for a bite.

"No. I'm not sharing this! Oh my God Myungsoo! This version is so much my liking!"

I smiled to that. "Of course you do. I used to bake you some back in England. You love my cooking skills."

"And I still love it now! Wow!"

I lend Dongwoo-hyung his cup. "I apologize guys, for not bringing enough for everyone. I promise for some bigger dessert tomorrow."

"You better." Woohyun, Sunggyu and Howon said in unison.

Lunch ended with everyone feeling so full. Sungyeol move closer to me.

"Thanks for the lunch."

"No big deal. I'll bring you some tomorrow again."

"That would be nice."

He lean on my shoulder. I'm  glad other students already went out. And only us seven remains. Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung are trying to get some short nap on the blanket. Howon and Dongwoo are teaching Sungjong some dance moves. I look at the sky and thank God for the good weather that day. I was able to spend lunch with Sungyeol who was now leaning on my shoulder.

I lean back on his head the I felt his hand making it's way on my waist.

My heart started beating faster.

"I can hear your heart beat."

"Y-you do?"

"Yes. And I love the sound of it."

Okay. Now I can't handle him. What is wrong with him? I don't mind though. I managed to held his free hand on my lap.

"Can you tell me what the sound like?"

He hummed softly. "Sungyeol, I love you."

I let out a small giggles. "You're so cheesy."

He pulled back his head and looks at me. "It was your heart that's cheesy. Not me."

"Yeah. Right."

He lean on me again and I continue watching the clouds in the sky.

Our moments was cut short when the bell rung. Sungyeol pulled me up and carry the paper bag. He held my hand until we reached their floor. Since we still need to go down to the next floor under their floor.

The corridors are clear. Woohyun and Howon said goodbye to the Sunggyu and Dongwoo from the fourth floor. And I know it's time for me to do the same to Yeol now that we're in the third floor.

"This is your floor. I'll see you--"

"Lets go home together."

"Huh?"

Sungjong hit my back teasingly and I rolled my eyes on him. Yeol was smiling.

"Lets go home together. I only have a short meeting with the DC members. After that, I'll go to your clubroom. Is that fine?"

"Yes. But, we don't have club today."

"Then in your classroom..." he clasped my hands near on his lips. This hobby of his never run out. "...can you wait for me there? I'll go back to pick you up."

"T-then... okay. I'll ask Sungjong to accompany me while you're in your meeting."

I was blessed with his smile. "Okay. I'll see you after school."

The three run off to their room and we did the same. My heart is still beating fast.

"You guys are sooo sweet, I could die! Gosh!"

"You better stay with me after class."

"What's the catch?"

"I'll buy you something you like?"

"Deal."
--
Sungyeol's POV


The classes ended that day and I dash out of our room with Howon following me. When we reached the second floor, Myungsoo came from other side holding a mop. He's talking with some girl and I overheard their conversation.

"Thanks for helping out Myungsoo. Even though it's not your turn to clean."

"I have nothing to do anyway."

"Will you be staying later than usual?"

"Yeah. I'm waiting for someone."

I smiled to that and made myself visible to him and the girl. The girl was flustered and Myungsoo was surprised.

"DC Chief..." the girl sigh dreamily and I nod.

"Keep up the good work."

I wink at Myungsoo.

"YAH! LEE SUNGYEOL! LETS GO!"

"Gotta go. Bye."

I run to where Howon is and we made our way to the DC Office.

My members looks at me as if I'm someone new to their eyes. I continue smiling as I grab the folder meant for me.

"DC Chief look happy.  Something happened?"

"Nothing. Let's start with the meeting. I have something going on after this. Where should we start... a this issue again? Students working without the school's permission? Can you hand me the list of the names of these students?..."
~
After the meeting, I walked faster while checking my phone out. I send some text message to Myungsoo.

To Other Half ❤: On my way back to our classroom. Its raining. You have an umbrella?

Some of my members asked me some more information and orders before leaving the office. Howon locked the doors. My phone vibrated.

From Other Half ❤: Yes. Unfortunately. Climate change so fast. It was sunny earlier.

To Other Half ❤: I know right. Wait for me.

From Other Half ❤: I am waiting. Come sooner.

I put my phone back to my pocket. And Howon handed me the keys.

"We have nothing tomorrow morning, right?"

"We always have something in the morning. Monitoring right?"

"Oh. That. Maybe I'll asked Myungsoo to get up earlier so we can walk to school together."

"You should."

I nod. We reached our classroom. We almost turn our backs immediately when we saw Woohyun and Sunggyu kissing.

"These guys..."

"PDA coming from the SC President and his secretary. Wow. What a sight to behold." I said while I made my way to pick up my things. "Do go on. We'll just pick up our things and get lost. We've seen nothing."

I said teasingly. Howon was shaking his head in an obvious amusement. Woohyun was sitting on his desk while Sunggyu was between his legs.

"You never gave us privacy!" Woohyun exclaimed.

"As far as I remember, we're at school, Woohyun. You should give us  privacy." Howon retort.

I shook my head. "I'll be leaving first then. Dongwoo-hyung will come for you, right Howon?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. I'll get going."

I close the door of our room, leaving the other three inside. I made my way to the stairs.

I reached class 1-1's classroom and open it. Seeing Myungsoo and Sungjong inside.

"Hi."

"Hello. How are you?"

"Fine. What are you doing?"

"Attendance. I help out our class monitor today since she have to leave early."

"I see." I sat down on a seat beside him.

Sungjong stood up and grab his things. "I'll be leaving first then. Enjoy!"

We watched him made his way out of the classroom before I lean on his shoulder. Sniffing his scent on his neck.

"This scent I'm so familiar with..."

"I'm ticklish, Yeol."

"Hmmm..."

I continue rubbing my nose on the shallow of his neck while he's being his distracted self, trying to finish what he was doing.

I watch his hands as it continue it's job to write things while I cling on him. Then some flashes from came to me.

"If I'm not doing anything, it'll be me who's clinging on you."

"Yeol, stop smelling me so much."

"You smell so great, Myung. Tell me whats your perfume."

"I'm not wearing one.

I smiled with that.

"Why are you smiling?"

"How did you know I was smiling?"

"Because you're in my neck. So tell me why you're smiling?"

I chuckled. "I remember something."

"Flashes?"

"Yeah. It was when I was asking you your perfume. Because you smell so good."

"Oh that. You're being an trying to figure out my perfume, but I'm not really wearing anything."

"Yeah. Figure that out now."

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"No smell could entice me this much other than you."

We fell silent and I waited for him to retort, and when I heard nothing, I grab his head and let him face me. Caught his surprise lips and kiss him. As gentle as I could.
--