13: What comes after "Happy Ever After"?

OTHER HALF

Myungsoo's POV

Painting the props are what makes everything stressful.

 

"The measurements are not right! Who did this?! You're making my day worst than it already is!"

 

We all flinch when Sungjong hit the table with his hands. He's been y since he was assigned to be the props manager and now he's being the boss. Now that I mind, I'm used to it. The other guys are scared of him and now everyone is tired.

 

"We did everything we can, Sungjong. It just won't..."

 

"This? This is the "everything" you did? I'll tell you what... This, are pure disasters! I gave you the exact measurement, the only work left for you guys is to build this thing!"

 

"Sungjong, calm down. No need to yell. We can still make some adjustments." I said while I'm looking at the designs he made. There must be some mistake.

 

We are in the open field near the entrance of our school when the girls starts shouting their lungs out.

 

'You should've just told me that this is not sugar!"

 

"Why didn't you check it before pouring it down?!"

 

"You're so stupid! Do you think we have all the time in the world for rechecking?!"

 

"You're the one who's stupid! Its basic knowledge that we check everything before anything else! You're so stupid I could die!

 

"What did you say?!"

 

Before they start their fist fight, someone held out our muse's hand, ready to slap our classmate's face.

 

"What the hell is going on here?"

 

Sunggyu-hyung together with Woohyun behind him stopped the girls in our section before a fight happens.

 

"Where are the disciplinary members when you need them?" Sunggyu asked Woohyun.

 

"Sungyeol is out of the office. And... he didn't come to school either."

 

"What? Why?!"

 

I stood up and come closer to where they are standing.

 

"But... he left early hyung... I'm sure he come to school."

 

They turn to me.

 

"Can you call him? And can somebody call Howon from the garden at the back?!"

 

The SC members run to follow Sunggyu's order.

 

"Come with us for awhile, Myungsoo. You too, Sowon and Sungjong."

 

We three followed them until we reached Sunggyu's office.

 

"Sungyeol have been meeting people for awhile now." He starts.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"He's been accepting visitors in his office. He's accommodating some people outside school."

 

"People outside school? You mean..."

 

We are in that topic when my phone rings.

 

Psychiatrist Minhyuk calling...

 

"Sungyeol's psychiatrist is calling... I wonder why."

 

I answered the call and put it in loudspeaker on.

 

"Hello? Minhyuk-hyung?"

 

"Hi, Myungsoo. We need to talk. Bring your friends with you. I need to discuss something important with you guys. ASAP."

 

"We're at school right now."

 

"You have to come now."

 

"Okay. We'll be there."

 

I hung up the phone and look around the room.

 

 

--

 

 

 

We arrived at the hospital after thirty minutes of persuading the guidance councilor to let us all go just this once.

 

 

"We came to see Minhyuk.."

 

"Myungsoo!"

 

Minhyuk-hyung is now sipping from his coffee when we saw him. He motion us to come quick so we did.

 

When we're already in his office, he gives us some papers.

 

"Sungyeol was just here..."

 

"He was?! Is he okay?"

 

"He is. In fact... he's more than okay. Let me tell you something first..."

 

We waited for him to continue and he  did after looking around. "I know what could trigger his memories to come back..."

 

"You do?! What? Tell us, so we could avoid it..." Dongwoo says.

 

"But I don't think that's necessary now."

 

We all stayed in silent as we stare at him, confused. Then Sunggyu, "What do you mean?"

 

"I think he remembers."

 

If there is something that could kill me now, that's definitely this doctor's words.

 

"I'm not that sure yet, but the way he speaks earlier was just... anyway, he brush every conversation I was making and what more, he's the one... he told me what could trigger the memories to come back. And you know what that means..."

 

"He's aware of the trigger... he's aware of everything..."

 

"Yes. And if he's aware that means..."

 

"He knows." Woohyun finishes the sentence. "Where is he?!"

 

"He knows I'll call you guys. He told me to tell you to meet him at his unit. All of you guys. Including... Sowon."

 

And with that, I froze.

 

 

--

 

 

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

 

"My son did his best to meet you after a year, with or without amnesia. Even if we are facing crisis, he never said yes after what happened to you. The bet he did with his father was for him to be remembered by you without you being mad. I wanted to tell you that you have to listen to him first... give him a chance to explain himself. Don't let him go back to England and marry someone he's not in love with..."

 

"That doesn't change the fact that he's committed to someone... and that's... Jung Sowon."

 

"I will not lie about that part. But you can break them away in that commitment if you want, Lee Sungyeol. You can do it effortlessly... the decision is yours to make. Keep or lose Myungsoo..."

 

I sip on my wine and watch the city lights from my unit's terrace.

 

I wipe my tears away as I tried to brush it off again but it just won't get away.

 

I heard voices coming from the inside of my unit, and it didn't took them long to find me. Myungsoo is already crying... and I look at him as cold as I could.

 

"You really have the guts to even show me your face, huh? Have no shame?"

 

"Sungyeol... you promised..."

 

"Yes. I did. I promised to listen to you. I promised not to walk out on you. But I did not promised you anything about understanding your situation, Myungsoo. So I'm free to just listen and stay after you explain anything... but after that, I'll leave."

 

"Yeol..."

 

"You've probably seen my things in the living room. I'm ready to leave anytime, Myungsoo. You can keep this unit."

 

He bit his lips to suppress his sob as he grab me by the arm. I let him do it as I watched him choke on his tears.

 

I let out a helpless sigh and look at the night sky. "Sowon... she's your fiancee. Right?"

 

He nods.

 

"And she's here because?"

 

"To check on me... Dad asked her to check on me... and if things here are not a sight to behold, I'll leave immediately and return home..."

 

"And this is a sight to behold? When I asked you if you're mine, you said yes. For sake, Myungsoo. You ing lied. How long will you keep this ing masquerade game last? Until I decided not to remember anymore? Until I decided that I don't care what hurts me anymore?" I asked sarcastically as I turn myself around to back face him.

 

"Yeol... please..."

 

"I told you... I told you, right Myung? That I'm willing to help you and your family. I told you not to ing go in that ing arrange marriage meeting..."

 

"I know... I know that..."

 

"Then why?!" I turn back to face him once again and saw him flinch. Our friends went out of the terrace and went inside my unit.

 

"If you didn't go to meet her, you won't be entitled as her fiancee, for sake, Myungsoo! Did you know how that idea hurts?! Did you know how much I regretted on remembering that part?! She's your fiancee! She's beautiful! She's rich and probably could help your family! And what more, she's a girl! Damn it Myungsoo!"

 

I throw the wine glass over his head and he sobs while clutching the hem of my shirt.

 

"I love you! You know that. You know that, but you still hurt me... have I done something wrong? Am I not worth it to be presented to your father? Is that it?"

 

He shook his head and take my face with both palms. "No... no please... don't even think about not being worth it... because you're more than worth it, Yeol..."

 

"Then why? Why Myung?" I grab his hands and placed it on my chest

 

"You lied to me. You're not mine. You're no longer mine."

 

I started to sob as I was held by Myungsoo's arms once I reached the grass to sit down. I hate the feeling... the feeling I used to loved.

 

I hug him back and sob as hard as I could. He's holding me tight and I am to him.

 

When suddenly... my world starts turning...

 

My heart begun throbbing painfully...

 

My eyesight begun to blur...

 

And my breathing begun to shorten...

 

I let go of Myungsoo and take a good look of him again... he's crying.

 

I can't handle his tears.

 

He's in pain..

 

Am i hurting him?

 

"Myung..."

 

"W-what? Yeol? Are you alright? How are you feeling?"

 

"I'm tired... let me sleep..."

 

"Okay. I'll take you in your room... Yeol? . Yeol? Yeol?! Hyung! Guys! Help! YEOL! YEOL PLEASE! GUYS!"

 

He could still hear Myungsoo's voice... but it's too far. Its getting farther and farther to hear...

 

I can still see my friends' worry faces...

 

As I close my eyes, tears left my eyes for the last time.

 

 

--

 

 

 

Third's Person POV

 

 

Everyone outside the ICU room are quiet. No one dares to say a thing. Everyone is trying so hard to control their sobs. Some kept on wiping their tears away even though it keeps on flowing.

 

His heart is weak and won't be able to handle pains. Even heartache.

 

His heart is weak, it can't be broke.

 

His heart is weak to be hurt by someone he loves.

 

And Myungsoo did all that. Twice.

 

He's blaming himself for everything and if something bad happens to Sungyeol, that's his fault.

 

Sungyeol's smiles..

 

His laugh...

 

His warm hugs that keeps him warm when it's cold...

 

His stolen kisses...

 

His way of marking him...

 

Why is time always too short for them to add more memories?

 

Why can't they be together longer?

 

Are they meant to be together now for another short time memory?

 

His promises...

 

His possessiveness...

 

Will he be able to see more of those?

 

What if, it's too late? What if he lost him again, and this time he won't...

 

No.

 

Sungyeol will never leave him.

 

He wont.

 

He know he won't.

--

Author's Note: Not crying yet? You'll hate me in the next chapter. That's a promise. HAHA! I cut this one short. Obviously. :) I was supposed to release this chapter with 3k plus words, but decided to cut it short. So expect the next chapter to be longer than usual. ;)