9: Assurance

OTHER HALF

Author's note: YES. WE'RE NEARLY THERE. :) ANGST, I MEAN. HOHO~ 

So much sweetness ahead. Get yourself ready!

Oh, I have bad news: CLASSES of mine will start on Thursday. So... regular updates will be hold. :( But I assure you that I'm sticking with my rules. "Every after three days update" rule. ONLY THIS TIME, without announcements. So subscribe, guys. For notifications. That's it for my updates tonight.

ChekkyChoding9195
~

Sungyeol's POV

From Other Half❤: Hi. Can I go to your place today?


I straighten my back when I read Myungsoo's message. I'm inside the DC office and can't join them again for lunch since we will be releasing the first 50 ranking. From 100 to 51. So we're busy. Sunggyu and I have been running back and forth because of the said ranking. Everyone is so tense especially us second and third years.


"I'll place this here, Yeol."


Howon placed some folders on my table. "What are those?"


"We all know what's going on after the ranking exams right?"


I curse under my breath when I realized what he was talking about.


"The Entrepreneurship Day. Damn it."


"Yeah. Sunggyu is reviewing his copy, so you better review this too since we have a meeting with them on Friday Morning. Before classes starts."


"Fine. I'll review this. Thanks."


"Sure."


He went back to his own table. I tap reply for Myungsoo.


To Other Half❤: Sure, but I'll be late. Will you be okay until I came?


From Other Half❤: I'll be fine. I just want to cook dinner for you. Sungjong will be out for the evening. Date with Minwoo.


To Other Half❤: Okay. You know your way.


From Other Half❤: I miss you.


I smile as I read his message. Its been two days since that day. Myungsoo and I will just smile when seeing each other in the corridor when at school because I'm busy. In Topaz, we'll just cuddle. Because all I need is Myungsoo with me to ease my stress everyday.


To Other Half❤: But, I miss you more. I'll see you later.


From Other Half❤: okay.


A towel flew through my face and I've been greeted by Sunggyu's hamster like face.


"Why are you smiling like an idiot?"


"Nothing. What are you doing here?"


"I have something to discuss with you. I told you I'll be here for lunch."


"Ah. That. Yeah. What is it?"


He sigh as he sat down on a chair. "Have you seen the results yet?"


"I haven't. We don't have a say on those kinds, Gyu. You know that."


"I know. I just... I'm worried."


"Just trust him. Where is he anyway?"


"He's with Myungsoo, Sungjong and Dongwoo. At the cafeteria. Have you eaten, though?"


"I have Myungsoo's home made lunch with me, so I'm okay."


"I see. Then I'll go back to where they are."


"Sure. I'll text you as soon as I receive any info about the ranking."


He nods then leave. That was when Howon came to me with a paper.


"You do have a say with that kind of info." he hand me the paper he was holding. "The FAX came in coming from the office of the Principal."


I grip the paper tightly as I examine the names. Woohyun.

--

Myungsoo's POV


From My Yeollie❤: Tell Sunggyu, once he get there that... he's 9th."


I suddenly put my spoon down as I read Yeol's message. I then shift my gaze to Woohyun-hyung who was not even eating his food. Oh my God.


He... he did it.


"Hyung... don't freak out... okay?" I start. Woohyun turn his attention to me.


"Why? What's wrong?"


"You... you..." I showed him my phone and he almost dropped it.


Sunggyu took the phone from Woohyun. "What's wrong?"


"I... I did it. We.. did it!"


"Huh?" Sunggyu read the message on my phone and this time it was him who almost dropped it. Before they really dropped it, I took it from them.


"Can we just visit Yeol? So we can be sure?"


Before we run towards the DC office where Yeol is, everyone came running to the main hall and we follow the wave of the crowd.


The Disciplinary Committee Adviser Ms. Kwon is standing before the students who was anticipating the ranking list.


"I thought they'll release this next week? Why are they releasing it today?"


"The DC are working overtime to tally the scores."


Ms. Kwon gather everyone's attention and we all fell silent.


"We have the results for this school year's ranking exam. For all second years and third years, the ground rule still stands. And if you didn't find your name in the first 30 students in the ranking, you are to leave class 1. I'll be posting three paper each year. First paper has the 100 to 51. Second paper is filled with the rank of 50 to 31. The last paper is the list of the names of the top 30 in each year. Shall we begin?"


Everyone says yes.


". I'm dying in suspense! Where the hell is Yeol?!"


"What?"


Sungyeol is now standing behind me. He put his arm around my waist while sipping on his juice. Good thing we're far off behind from the sea of students. He caught me watching him gulped so he shove the straw inside my mouth to force me to drink. "I was looking for you guys in the cafeteria. Then I heard everyone gather here... what's with that face Myungsoo?"


I shook my head. . Its apple flavor. I hate apple. For juice that is.


I push the juice back to Sungyeol. He's still watching me while he drinks. "You hate apple juice?"


I nod.


"Oh. Okay. Let me help."


My world stops when he lean forward to me, aligning our forehead together. He eyed me closely and I swallowed whatever it is in my mouth.


"See? You swallowed.


I covered my mouth when I realized. Yeol pats my head and look ahead of us.


This guy... I was sure he was about to kiss me, that's why I swallow. The idea that most of the students are there with us is thrilling. But he left me hanging.


I pout. He's a tease


"Stop pouting. I could really kiss you here. Don't try me."


I immediately smile and held his hand sneakily.


"Let's see the list."


He chuckle and grip back tightly.


"Okay."


We came closer to the list when the students begun to lessen. Woohyun doesn't want to see the list, that we laugh because of his appearance.


"I swear I could kill if you're kidding me Yeol."


"I told you I'm not. Just look at the list!"


Sungyeol pulls him upward and push him towards the list. Miss Kwon smiled as soon as he saw the two.


"Lee Sungyeol is still unbeatable. You ace it."


"Thanks Miss. I'm sure Kim Sunggyu does it too in their level."


"He missed four questions in history though. Only you have perfect scores."

"What?! Really?"


We turn to Sunggyu who was talking to his classmates. "He missed four? That's rare." I said.


"I know right. He still manage to be placed in top though."


We turn to the list. I missed two. I'm still the top though. Sungjong managed to secure his 5th place.


Sungyeol is placed on top with his perfect scores. And Woohyun is 9th. Howon is placed in rank 4.


"Oh my God.... it's for real. I'm 9th!"


"I told you so."


"I LOVE YOU LEE SUNGYEEEEOL!"


"YAH! STOP HUGGING ME, NAM WOOHYUN!"


"NO! I'M SO HAPPY! I DECIDED YO HUG YOU ALL DAY!"


"NO! UGH! QUIT CLINGING!"


We all laugh upon seeing the two best friends hug. I know Sungyeol is as happy as Woohyun. And I know that Sunggyu is internally celebrating because of the result.


Sungyeol smile at me.


"We have to celebrate, Yeol."


"No. That won't be necessary."


Sunggyu put his arm around Woohyun's shoulder to make him turn to his side, which Woohyun did wholeheartedly.


"Why?"


"Because I'm taking you to Dad. I'll shove it to his face that you did it."


Woohyun became teary eyed with that.


"You're proud of me?"


"Of course. And I'm inviting them too. I already called your parents and deliver the news. They're as happy. And when I told them I wanted them to meet my parents, they immediately cancelled everything today." he turn to us. "I hope you guys cancelled everything for us too."


"I'll take Minwoo with me, hyung."


"I'm all cleared today. Right Yeol?" Howon asked and Yeol only nods.


"I'm free--"


"No you're not."


Sungyeol earned my confused look.


"Why Yeol? You won't come with us?" Woohyun asked.


"I'm happy for you, dude. But... I already made plans for Myungsoo today."


"For me? What are you saying?" Its my turn to ask him.


"I did cancel everything today. But, I already made a reservation for the observatory today."


"We have a date?!"


"Yeah. A date. Whatever you call it." He turn to Woohyun.  "Much as I wanted to celebrate with you, I can't. I mean, we can't."


Okay. My heart do a continuous flips because of that. This is uncalled for. But... if it's with Yeol, I don't mind either.


We walk back to the main building with me still thinking on what to wear later. Then Yeol come to me.


"You're okay to wait for me inside the DC office. I'll just check some papers after class then we'll go home together."


I close my eyes to feel Yeol's gentle hands over my head. Then open it again. "Why are you so eager to take me in the Observatory today?"


He pulled me to the other corner where no one is passing since classes are on going.


"I had flashes."


"Wha-- you do?! How are you feeling? Want me to take you to the hospital?"


"Myungsoo, calm down. I'm fine."


He held my face with both palms.


"I had flashes about us... strolling somewhere in England. I think it's in Hyde Park..." I nod for confirmation. "...it rained. And you are whining about how you won't see the stars that night again..."


"...and you promised me that you'll take me to some Observatory here in Korea since we got no time then..."


"...yes. So, I'll be fulfilling that promise now. Or unless you want us to go with them?"


I shook my head. "No, it's okay. We can celebrate with them anytime."


I'm rewarded by his gummy smile and a pat on my head. "Then okay. Come to my office after class okay? I'll let my secretary know, that you're coming."


I nod. "What should I bring?"


"Yourself... just yourself is enough."


A smile escaped my lips as he let go of my hand to go to his class. Sungjong pull me and I snap back to reality.


I sat beside Sungjong and waited for our teacher when I remember something.


"Jongie, what should I wear?"


"Are you having a date with him?"


"Yes. So? What should I wear?"


He put his finger on his lip and think. Then he tap his table. "Remember the shirt he gave you?"


I pout. "That is not a shirt. That's a coat."


"Then wear that!"


"Its hot!"


"Hot? Are you kidding? Its freaking cold Myungsoo."


"No. I mean, Yeol is hot."


I laugh as he gave me a death glare and threw me some eraser.


"Mr. Lee Sungjong! What was that flying eraser?! Are you fighting with Mr. Kim?!"


"No I'm not. The flying eraser is just a picture of your imagination."


"What was that Mr. Lee?!"


I giggle and let my tongue out.

--

I check all my things before going out of my room. I bid Sungjong goodbye and asked him to take care of Byeol while I'm gone. He says he'll take Byeol with him in Sunggyu's party.


I run down to the stairs to reach the first floor immediately and grab my outdoor shoes. Then went to the offices located on the other side of the building where all the heads of the clubs gather.


A student in a 2nd year uniform greeted me once I'm inside.


"You must be Kim Myungsoo?"


"Yes. That's me."


"I'm the Disciplinary Committee Secretary, Yuju. It's nice to meet you. Please follow me. Mr. Lee Sungyeol is inside his office with Mr. Kim Sunggyu."


Why do I feel like we're inside a corporate building? The way they refer to the two.


Though I experienced this kind of treatment in England since I'm the Student Leader there.


She lead me to a glass door and I can see Yeol from here.


"Is it okay to come in now?"


"Yes."


The door opens, revealing Howon's surprised face.


"Oh, Myungsoo... it's okay Yuju. You can leave him now... what are you doing here?"


"Um, Yeol asked me to wait for him here."


"Oh really? Okay. Come in. They're discussing something about the Entrepreneurship Day."


I followed him inside. The room is air conditioned. That's the first thing I  observed in the room. The glass wall is filled with the previous leaders of the DC office. And Yeol's picture is also attached to the wall.


The walls are all glasses.


"Howon, is it really okay to come in?"


"Of course. He asked you to, right?" I nod then he pulled me in.


"Yeol, Myung is here."


He rose from reading and smiled as soon as he saw me.


"Hi."


"Hi, better half. How are you?"


"Your place is luxurious, Yeol."


"You haven't been in my office in the LGC. And Sunggyu's office is so much more."


"Don't flatter me, Sungyeol. You owe me since you guys are not coming with us." Sunggyu says as he close his folder.


I lowered down my gaze as an apology.


"I'm just kidding. Anyway, you guys still owe me. For now, enjoy."


As soon as Sunggyu left the room, Sungyeol loosen up his tie and continue sitting on the couch. He motion me to come closer. I do as I was told. He pulled me to him. I lay over his chest. He caress my hair in a playful manner. Its relaxing. I can even sleep.


"Let me do this for awhile. I'm too tired to even lift a finger."


I let him hug me tightly.


"We can cancel the Observatory today... if you're too tired."


"No. I won't cancel that one."


"Want me to help you?"


I met his eyes and he kissed my forehead.


"No. Its okay, Love. I'm almost done with the report. Just wait here, okay?"


I pout and let him pinned me to the sofa, between his arms.


"Stop pouting, Myungsoo. For goodness sake."


"Why?"


"I want to take you to the Observatory. Not in my bed."


I smack his forehead as he laugh and walk behind his table.


I look around the office and saw some pictures. "Can I look around?"


"Yes sure."


I run my fingers over the glass shelves that has pictures in it. Probably the previous DC Officers. I saw the frame where Sungyeol is the center. He look so cool as usual.


"Yeol, I'm just wondering..."


"Hm?"


"How did you become the DC Chief?"


He rose his head to meet my gaze. "The top students occupy every high positions here, Myung. The leadership here is depending on your academic standing."


"Even the club presidents?"


"Yeah. They can only be the Club Presidents if their grades allow it."


"And the captains in sports?"


"Depending on their skills, Love. Why?"


I nod and turn to the pictures again.


The grand piano near the windows are color white. I run my fingers on it.


"Do you play this thing, Yeol?"


"I do. Why?"


"I thought you only play drums?" This is new to me. I didn't know he's playing instruments other than drums.


"I play the cello too... and the violin."


"You do?"


He nods. "I do. Is this something new to you? Haven't heard it from me before?"


"Yeah, I haven't. We have our time limited before."


He let go of his pen and come to me. He's now standing before me and I'm looking up to him. He run his hand over my cheek and lift my chin up. "We have a lot of time now, Myung. You're here with me now." he gave my waiting lips a kiss.


I grab his nape for more pressure. Yeol's kiss that I missed.


"Myung... I told you..."


"What?"


"I.. want to.. take you to the observatory..."


"Can we still change the plans?"


He bit my lips and I taste the metal coming out from it. Yeol it and kissed me lower. Lower, to my neck.


"No. We can't. We can't Myung... I want to make you happy."


There's obvious desire in his eyes. We can never deny that. He wiped the blood on my lips and take it on his mouth.


"You can make me happier in be--"


I was pressed back to the sofa and Yeol is kissing me fiercely now. I let my hands wonder over his back. I pulled him hard and let him sit on the sofa as I straddled him.


I touched his forehead with mine and I my lips seductively. "I want you..."


"Myung.. calm down.." he keep my face between his palm and smile. "You can have me your way after our date. Okay? For now, let me fulfill my promise."


Disappointed, but I let him off as he hugged me tightly. He push upwards and I eyed him widely.


"I'm hard right now, so don't you ever think that I don't want you back."


He kissed my open lips then place me back gently on the sofa.


"For now, let me work Kim Myungsoo... you're one hell of a distraction."


I bit my lower lip and smiled at him.


"Yeol..."


"Hm? I said let me work, Kim Myungsoo..."


"No, I have to ask this..."


He lift his head and met my gaze. "What?"


I held the throw pillow tightly as I stare at him. I'm nervous as wreck, but I really want assurance as the days goes by.


"If... if your memory came back... can you promise me one thing?"


"Only one thing?" He grin sheepishly.


"No. Actually, I need you to promise me a lot of things..."


"Oh, okay. What is it?"


I swallowed hard and return his gaze.


"Promise me... that you'll listen to me."


"I always listen to you..."


Not this time around Yeol...


"Promise me, Yeol."


"I promise. Anything else?"


"Never... and I mean never... turn your back on me."


"I won't. Anything else?"


I avert my eyes and clutch the pillow tightly.


"Promise me those, Yeol. And I swear... I swear.. we will be alright. Any more assurance I want from you other than what I just told you, will be dependinh on the situation."


Sungyeol stayed silent for awhile but didn't leave Myungsoo's face.


"I promise, Myung... I no longer remember the feeling of leaving you behind in England for a year... and I don't think I'd like to remember that... so I don't think I'll leave you now."


That is the assurance I wanted to hear from him. At least some of my anxieties lessen.


"Thank you, Yeol. That's more than what I asked for... I love you."


"And I love you back, Myung."


I stared at his lovely face as he smiles. I need to promise myself something too.


That if ever his memories came back, I'll hold on to him tightly. If he won't listen, I won't let go. And if he won't listen to me in one try after having the impact of the weight of the truth behind his accident, I'll run after him. I'll keep trying. Just to save us both in misery.


I will never, ever let him go.
--
Author's Note: we're near to experience angst, but since I'm a sadist, let me make you happy a little more longer. *insert evil laugh here*