A Gift From the Universe

A Gift in a Blossoming Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soft paws pressed into his stomach, the light purr almost incessant in his ear as the small ball of fur that was his cat had already woken up at one ungodly hour.

Seven in the morning and Kyuhyun stirred with a groan, lazily rolling onto his hip, conscious that the kitty would have fallen off his body. He let out a sigh of relief when the weight didn't push on his stomach anymore. The cat had fallen on the rug and began to meow in protest for such a treatment.

"Mmh...mmh..." Kyuhyun mumbled as if his verses could be an efficient, mutual reply to the ones of the cat. He simply ended up lying sprawled on his stomach, with legs slightly ajar - a foot with a sock dangling from his toes - and both arms bent under his cushion.

The kitty kept staring her lazy owner with a grimace of irriverence as Kyuhyun decided to sleep some more in, instead of waking up and provide her breakfast. A yawn together with another light purr and her small, lovely white nuzzle showed thin, yet sharp teeth.

Uncaring of her owner's decision to enjoy sleep - decision which almost always saw him wake up at around lunchtime - she stretched on the rug a little bit, planting her soft paws into the fluffy carpet, and then swiftly sprung in a jump that brought her first onto the spinny chair, and then flat onto the study desk.

The window had been left slightly open throughout the night, letting it some of the breeze that was left as a sign of calmness after the storm. It blew, gentle, like a caress and disturbed, from behind the swinging curtains, the fragile-looking blossom that was standing tall and proud into its plump vase.

A bell rang, almost no-audible to the human ear, but enough to be heard by the feline that had, by then, kept attentive vigilance to the strange flower.

The cat swung her tail twice, lightly, before regaining her composure on all four, straight and careful to catch any other possible sound.

Waiting for any major event to occur, two profound sapphire blue eyes were pointed onto the round blossom, which was swinging as if in a crib, rocked lightly from left to right, although the wind blew never too insistent, almost fearful to tear its thin petals apart. And the cat meowed again, her neck stretched towards the blossom, her pinky nose brushing against the closed petals, while keeping her detached position still. 

A sniff here, another one there. She couldn't understand where that strong scent of peach was coming from, assuming a kitty like her could discern such nuances already. But the wind didn't stop its intrusion and the outer petals began to peel off the bulb. 

Still the bell rang, shortly followed by many others, light, gentle, like a lullaby, like chimes whose notes lost themselves in the light summer breeze.

Kyuhyun stirred again, but never woke up, ignorant to the anxiety and fright that his little furry friend was feeling, but bravely fighting.

The cat meowed again and again, louder than before as she turned her head from her sleeping owner to the moving flower. However, understood that Kyuhyun wasn't likely to wake up and investigate the matter any sooner, she mustered what little courage a kitty like her could have and stretched her paw.

Thin, pointed nails like her baby claws sunk in the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter