A Breath of Life

A Gift in a Blossoming Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another normal day. A rainy one, to be more exact.

Cold, huge raindrops ticked against the window, they washed the little squared balcony, providing now life to the small pots and vases of plants and flowers outside. 

It was August's first serious rain shower, a needed one for many ladies of the neighborhood that cherished their precious plants and prayed for a method to stop their prolonged thirst during the dry summer weather.

Cho Kyuhyun sat in complete tranquillity at his desk, untouched by the rare event as he was yet again losing himself in one of the fictional world described in his loved books. The sound of the rain helped him to get focused on the words flowing before his eyes, it was never disrupting, but a quiet lullaby that set the perfect ambience to savour the different scenes he was reading about.

Breath held for dear life, his only move was the repetitive leafing through the pages, and nobody - not even the stray kitten he had just adopted from the streets and that was comfortably cuddled on his lap - dared interrupt him... until the ring of the doorbell occurred.

Cursing under breath, Kyuhyun reached the end of the line and bookmarked the page. The kitten woke up from her slumber and swiftly jumped off her new owner's legs, reaching the door of the bedroom before Kyuhyun could even stand up. She preceded him and when Kyuhyun had walked to the door, opening it, she quit scraping it with her small, furry paw.

"This is Ahra" Kyuhyun muttered, as if to introduce to the kitty the person that had caused such a distrubance "She's my older sister and she likes to disturb me at around this hour of the afternoon every weekend" he sighed as he went up to the front door of his little apartment and checked the peephole.

"Told you" Kyuhyun shrugged right before opening the door. The kitty meweled at his feet and hid behind his legs.

"Hi Kyu!" Ahra, a pretty girl at the end of her twenties, greeted her younger brother "I thought of stopping by after my violin classes" she smiled, which never meant something good according to Kyuhyun. In fact she had another girl standing by her side, almost hiding behind her just like Kyuhyun's cat was doing at the moment.

"Oh, she's Eunkyoung, a friend of mine from the course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter