A Little Sweet

Fire and Vanilla

Youngbae exhaled loudly once he sat in the passenger seat of Seunghyun's car. From noon to nine, he spent most of his time at his best friends bar where he held a huge birthday bash for him. After hours of dancing and drinking more than he usually does, he's ready to relax and enjoy the rest of the calm night.

"We have one more stop to go to. You don't want to spend the rest of the night without seeing Scarlet do you?" Seunghyun chuckles.

Youngbae shot up in his seat, realizing he hasn't seen his favorite red head in a while. With things becoming busy for them in their company, he missed seeing her for the past week.

"Of course not, it'll be nice to see her." He smiles.

Daesung enters the back, his eyes holding mirth and his smile playful.

"The night always ends best when we see our fire goddess, I'm sure she misses you too. I wonder what she will do tonight?" He croons.

"We'll find out soon Dae." Seunghyun smirks as he starts the car.


A week before:

Seunghyun sat in his leather office chair as he dialed Valerie's phone number on his cell. Holding the device to his ear, he proudly smiles at the image of a two tier cake he had specially ordered. Along the bottom where the words 'Happy Birthday Youngbae'. Above it was the red and orange gradiant fondant that covered the whole bottom neatly. On the top tier was a drawing of a sun and a decorative edging in white frosting. He made the request a few weeks ago from one of his favorite bakeries, is about to enact the final part of the surprise.

"Hello?"

"Valerie-ssi, this is Seunghyun. I have something to ask of you." He starts.

"Ah, Seunghyun-ssi! What do you need?" She asks.

"I was hoping that you would help me with a little surprise I'm setting up for Youngbae. In a week it's his birthday on the 18th and I wanted to know if you would do something for me."

"Oh? A special dance for him or..?"

"There is a cake that will be ready by that morning, I was thinking of having it delivered to your room before your shift. Once we arrive, you would do your normal routine then by the second act you would bring out the cake. Is that all right?" He explains.

"Yes, that's more than all right! I'll just have to make sure the girls don't get a taste of it before the show. Bom unnie might be difficult to sway away from it though if she sees it." She laughs.

Seunghyun smiles at the sound, "then it's set. It will be there by 8:30, I will have Seungri deliver it to you. Thank you for your help."

"Got it, you're welcome. Talk to you later!" She says.

They hang up and the oldest begins to make everything official.


Back to the present:

"You two are hiding something. You're too giddy today, more than usual." Youngbae mutters.

The other two laugh out loud as they made their way to The Elements. Once there, they made there way to Valerie's room where they sit in their usual seats.

The lights dim and the dancer walks from behind red silk curtains and begins her first round of dancing. During her dance, she made sure to give a bit more attention to Youngbae who was enjoying it immensely. At intermmission, she went backstage to fetch the cake that was on a little cart and brought it to the curtains. Once the minutes were up, she opens the curtains and pulls the cart to the end of the stage. Seunghyun, Daesung, and Valerie all begin to sing happy birthday to a stunned Youngbae.

"Happy Birthday to you~

Happy Birthday to you~

Happy Birthday dear Youngbae

Happy Birthday to you~"

Daesung pulls his hyung up to blow out the candles. Youngbae grins at the design of the cake and blows out the candles energetically.

They all spend the next hour enjoying the cake and share another of many moments of their new friendship.

The End.