Not a part of the story

Light Me Up

 

I wanna say thank you to the people who have given interest in my story. 

So as a way of saying thank you, please have this as my gift for you guys. :)

 

Special thanks to the very first person who read this. To the very first person to subscribe (who is also my friend): Loyal_Llama. To the very first person who commented on my story: HeatherStyles. To the very first person to vote on my story: paily290376.

 

It's just really short but..

Enjoy~

 

--

 

All Joy has to do is wake up every morning and finish every single thing she has to do.

 

She takes good care of her skin and her body pretty well. She launders and irons her clothes. She makes the food they eat everyday, from the first step until the last. Planting and harvesting then preparing it and cooking it.

 

She then goes to her classes after all the chores she have done. Each would be less than 3 hours.

 

She would go home to finish whatever their professors gave them that day. Then all that's left to do is sleep.

 

When she wakes up the next morning, she would do the same things. But there's something that's stopping her from sleeping tonight. There's something she promised herself that she would do.

 

She promised herself without thinking, because she's impulsive that way. But now that she's thinking about doing it, she doesn't know anymore.

 

She gets the little blade she bought days ago and stared at it in it's own little box.

 

She thinks of her non-sense life. All the things she do everyday, the repeating of events.

And honestly, she's just too tired of everything.

 

She feels so fake and she feels like she's a robot rather than a human being.

A robot who just does what it has to do. Who does not have its own thought.

 

She thinks harder, whether to give cutting a try. Just so she can feel that she's alive.

 

Yes, to feel.

 

The thought of that made her get the blade and it's now inching her way to her tummy.

The place in her body that she thought no one would see. The safest one.

 

But maybe some things shouldn't happen.

 

Because suddenly her sister comes in her room, crying.

 

She immediately put the blade in its box, asking her little sister, "Why are you crying baby?"

 

Her world seems to break when she heard her little sister say, "Unni, I had a dream about you hurting yourself. Unni, don't hurt yourself okay? I love you the most in the world unni."

 

And all she can do was to hug her little sister, nodding.

 

--

 

Oh! And special thanks again to lilJ who supported me. :)