Oh girl, come and light me up

Light Me Up

When you think that everything is in its worst for you and that you’ve lost hope, just think of your soul mate, waiting for you, in the world where you will never be lonely in the arms of each other.

 

==

 

The sun’s rays blessed the shop with its brightness in a breezy morning. Everyone in the neighbourhood was greeting each other, with smiles on their faces and compliments on their lips, the words coming out when the right time comes.

 

Very few people who likes coffee and bread like myself, were inside one of the two coffee shops in the neighbourhood. Though, the reason why I am in the coffee shop was that they have free offer for their early customers

 

Best part was that they would serve you whatever you want, even when it’s not on their menu. And since I have been here nearly every morning, I have always paid for the milk tea they only made for me.

 

It feels good to be special, I know.

 

My specialized milk tea was served in my table with a polite greeting and I thanked the waiter with the same politeness.

 

Only then, when I was truly alone with my thoughts resurfacing on my mind, did I remember the news I overheard days ago. If that was to be proven true, that she would grace me with her beautiful face every single day of my boring life, oh, would she paint it with her colourful inner beauty.

 

 

Since I am offering her a space in my mind, I admit that I am quite knowledgeable about her. The sparkle in her eyes when she talks, the perfect proportionality of her body and its majestic beauty. Everything; I know about it all.

 

She is like a fairy blending in with the darkness and cruelty of the world.

 

Though I have heard that it was caused by an unfortunate event in her life. Her parents had this financial problem so they decided on switching to a cheaper educator. Which, if you would ask me, was honestly the best gift anyone could ever give to me.

 

I feel giddy with excitement as I imagine how our interactions might go.

--

 

Milk tea has always been my favourite drink, and be it a free time or not, I make sure to get one to drink later on. I guess there’s just a magic that milk tea brings to my body. Placebo effect, probably.

 

With the bottle of milk tea on my mind, my foot steps on the store as my hand holds the door to open it, and blast, the beauty who never left my mind since forever, greeted me nicely with a nice smile and nice eyes.

 

The beating of my heart made me deaf with its loudness but an automatic smile has made its way on my lips. A moment passed and her attention switched to the customer in front of her but who cares? Not me.

 

I continued on watching her even with the bottle in my hands. She really is beautiful. Her beauty was the kind that could make little children smile automatically. Anyone could adore her with just a glance.

 

The look she provided and fed me with was a rare opportunity; I know very well that I am a lucky human to even receive such blessing.

 

A smile made its way my lips and I covered it with the loose strands falling on my face as I look down at the polished floor.

 

My silly self figured that I’d have to fall in line soon to pay for my item, given that there have been a few moments that has passed since I got the bottle, but my feet just won’t get the sign and rooted itself on the floor. It doesn’t help that my heart rate increases every passing second with the reminder of her eyes and smile directed to me; genuinely for me.

 

With the sound of the door opening and closing, my eyes fixated itself on the beauty behind the cashier, seeing that hers are already on mine and that her lips are tugged on either sides. I probably felt my energy drained as my knees weaken and my hands turned cold. Help was what I need but my stomach gave away on me as a whirling inside me greatly impacted my body.

 

I saw no one else in the room but the two of us so thankfully, my feet automatically made its way in front of her, in the cash register. Giving the item for her to scan, my lips tugged, the action making me bow my head down to conceal the wide grin on my lips.

 

The beating of my heart worsen when I heard her soft voice speaking. It resulted to the deafening my ears, so that I was not aware of what she said. So I returned my gaze on her eyes but she distracted me with those plump lips, and there my gaze went.

 

When I heard her speak for the second time, I almost slapped myself for ogling at her rosy lips, because she laughed at me while muttering that I should probably pay instead of fulfilling fantasies in my mind. I asked for an apology, but surely not without my cheeks tainting a bright shade of pink.

 

My hands went to get the amount of money I should pay her with, and when I gave it, my hands were undeniably and visibly shaking. I probably can’t look at her eyes without being reminded of the happening.

 

She gave me the change later on and handed me the bottle. When my gaze automatically landed on her eyes after that, she grinned down at me with her eyes turning crescents.

 

I’m sure my mind has gone crazy with how hard and fast my heart was beating. My cheeks probably gave the brightest shade of pink.

 

And my silly heart fell deeper.

 

--

 

I woke up to the loud voice of my mom echoing through the confines of our home. My body, though, can’t ignore the comfort that the bed was offering, making it succumb to its softness.

 

But I guess my mom did not get the point of sleeping peacefully, as her profanities were all I heard. Shrugging the sluggishness out of my system, I walked my way to her, using her voice as a guide. And there I saw my mom, talking to two girls, whose backs became my view.

 

As my mom was ushering the two girls inside our house, with their bags strapped securely against their body, only then did she notice me and only then did I remember that I forgot to put on my upper underwear. Just like on cue, the beautiful face of a certain young maiden revealed itself to me, making my knees weaken, my eyes widen and my heart scream against my chest simultaneously that I begin to wonder if it’s audible enough for them to hear.

 

The sides of turn up slowly to smirk lovingly at me and I swear that I could slap myself for bringing myself in an awkward situation with her. Her gaze unconsciously went down to my clothes and I’m fully aware of the dots peeking through my shirt, and I could have sped my way to my room, if only my dear mother was not giving me the look to politely greet the guests.

 

Indeed, it was bow that I did, and as they redo the action, my tummy flutters, which I’m sure can be seen through my blushing mess of a face.

 

As perfectly clueless, my mom continued to usher them inside our house with my gaze never leaving her doll-like face. Not without my heart drumming against my chest, like it’s proving itself of the feelings I’m going through.

 

I followed them inside the house, curious to how the conversation between them, would go, and went directly inside my room, when I was sure that they weren’t looking, finally getting the chance to put the inner clothing around my chest area.

 

--

Just like any teenager out there, my circle of friends constantly talk about meet-ups and all those things when school break comes and there are lots of time to spend for them, which we talk about spending with each other. At least just once. Since I have a lot on my sleeves.

 

And after all the plans, we settled for the school. Deciding that it would be a good place to reminisce the memories of the past.

 

I walk down our traditional house, welcoming myself in the warm neighbourhood, and taking in the surroundings.

The sun shines so bright, beaming down at the neighbourhood, which indicates that it is a good day. Luckily, it never becomes too hot, for the trees scatter around the place, protecting the people from the sun’s wild rays.

 

I smile as I make my way down the neighbourhood, because the day couldn’t get any better. With the thought of meeting my friends after a long time, I feel like I could hop my way to the school.

 

Considering that the school was a 5-minute walk from the house, my feet dragged my stiff body for a wind-splashing run.

 

When I finally reached the school, the security guard at the gates asked if I am with the previous girls went are inside. I nod at him, smiling, and he gestures his hand inside the confines of the campus.

 

--

 

The sun couldn’t have set completely yet when we noticed the clouds settling for a dark shade of grey. It hints us of the coming bad weather, and would possibly bless the ground with heavy droplets of rainwater.

 

We got the message and decided to part ways with hugging each other, the action being the only thing to get our feelings through one another. Most of the times, it’s hard to admit your true feelings, but with these simple deeds, the idea was well-communicated. We obviously missed each other but were always too shy to admit it.

 

Only a couple of steps away from the school I’ve walked, and there a certain beauty graced me with her presence. She was opening an umbrella, an obvious action because of the coming rain.

 

The beautiful lady wasn’t supposed to notice me, but because I was, again, ogling at her stunning form, she caught me off-guard with a bright and mischievous smile that shone against the darkness of our surroundings.

 

My heart beats against my chest and the next moment, she’s right in front of me, smirking beautifully.

 

“I happen to see you staring at me again. What’s with your stares?” she laughs as she nudges at me.

 

Her umbrella came above our heads, covering us but at the same time, making us share the small space. Few droplets of rain have fallen and the others followed suit.

 

The person in front of me, was dressed in a long-sleeved sweater on top of a violet skirt, her shoulders carrying a back-pack and her teeth flashed in a dashing smile that makes my mind a mess with how I can’t think of anything else but her.

 

“Mind you, I wasn’t staring,” I huffed at her, my hand brushing my hair to the back of my shoulder and smoothing it in place.

 

I heard a chuckle from her so I directed my eyes to her own pair to see what the commotion was about, but she was just looking at me with an idiotic smile. My eyebrows met with a gap in the middle, and I’m sure my orbs were asking but she just shook her head, the irritatingly cute grin was still on her plump lips.

 

“Well miss, if that wasn’t staring, I bet you were gaping,” can’t be stretched more, but it just did. And with it, came a powerful tug at my heart.

 

A roll of my eyes gave away, obviously for the girl in front of me, but the twitching of my mouth, forming a smile was inevitable so I hid my face with my hair.

 

She seemed to didn’t get the point when I passed by her to continue the postponed walk, moments after, for she followed me with her umbrella still above our heads. I stopped to look at her, obviously harried at her presence, but she just shrugged at me, her eyes delightful of my current mood. The hair on her back was peacefully cascading down and bouncing about her upper body just before she fully stopped.

 

My feet continued to take steps and I admit, it was actually peaceful. It was weird and different but it was nice, having her beside me. Well, I can’t possibly deny of my attraction for her, can I?

 

I’m an open book most of the times when it comes to the people I like. She must have sensed that when the reaction of my body to her hand curling its way around my arm, was at its highest. I could have sworn that my eyes were twice as large its normal size and that my heart could have leaped out of my heart.

 

“Ease up, will you? I won’t bite off your head,” she joked, laughing at my stiffness as we walk.

 

“How can I be sure of that? What if you’re this zombie pretending to be a normal person?” I joked back at her, a restrained smile that might turn into an idiotic grin if not controlled, was present on my face.

 

The beating of my heart does not pacify so I let it be. I saw her shrug as a giggle came out of her rosy lips. She said, “Well, believe it or not, I won’t. Though, I would probably slay you slowly using my fingernails.”

 

I know I’m supposed to act scared but my eyes rolled instinctively, and a chuckle can be heard from me.

 

Her right hand slowly withdrew from my arm and the next thing I know, I was being slapped in the arm multiple of times. It does not stop immediately so I just went with laughing at how adorable she looks like when annoyed.

 

My mind flew to the previous happenings when we our worlds kept intersecting and meeting again, and I can only be thankful that she did not bother to bring up the previous event days ago, where she caught me off-guard with her presence.

 

She’s probably unaware of it, but the time she share with me on my walk home, is something I won’t forget. It’s my happiness in my sad, tedious life.