Chapter I

Unlikely Messenger from the Future

It all started out as a normal morning. In fact, it was a particularly special morning considering after weeks of rain and downfall the sun was shining through the blinds in the bedroom, waking the two men in the bed up peacefully. The younger one smiled as the smell of the boy’s cologne beside him filled his nostrils jolting him into the real world. Looking over at his side, he saw his partner’s eyes peeking through his hazelnut fringe.

“G’morning sunshine.” The boy whispered, making the younger chuckle at the how adorable his partner was. Just as he was about to reply, he was cut off. “Oh, I wasn’t speaking to you Jongin, I was simply referring to the actual sun outside.”

And the mood immediately descended.

Jongin glared at the other boy and lay his head back on his pillow. If only the other joined him in proper cuddle talk in the morning. But no, Baekhyun had already told him that he wasn’t that kind of guy. Although Jongin had a feeling he was, and was simply too embarrassed to actually talk to him like that. One day, Jongin will wake up and Baekhyun will sweet talk him. One day.

“So, what shall we do for breakfast?” Baekhyun said, leaning on one hand as he moved the other to Jongin’s covered waist, smirking a little. The younger put on his thinking face and tapped his finger off his mouth.

“I kind of want to be cliché so… go make me pancakes.” He ordered, pointing to the bedroom door.

“…I don’t know how to make pancakes…”

Jongin’s eyes widened at Baekhyun. Pushing the boy’s hand off his waist, he rolled out of bed and stared at his boyfriend. There was a moment of silence between them before a burst of laughter came out of both of their mouths.

“Well, anything you make will be fine my dear.” Jongin commented, chuckling before running back into bed when a soft chill ran up his spine. Warmth was needed. Baekhyun giggled when he saw the other pull the blanket up to his chin absolutely adorably. “Um, I don’t think I’ll be able to get out of bed anymore so… just bring my breakfast up to me and I’ll wait here.” As Baekhyun stared at Jongin, both of them just smiled at each other.

“Whatever you say.”

Baekhyun leaned over and pushed his lips up against Jongin’s, the younger boy closed his eyes slowly and simply let the boy kiss him. The other had always been a good kisser, maybe even a great kisser. And he didn’t mind if he was spoiled with kisses. Moving his lips more, Baekhyun moved his hand and gripped a handful of Jongin’s hair from the back, pulling him even closer during their deep kiss. A soft moan left Jongin’s throat as Baekhyun isn’t usually this rough in the mornings, and he would be lying if he said he didn’t like it. Or even love it.

“Knock, knock!”

All of a sudden a chipper voice interrupted their sensual kiss and scared the hell out of both of them.

Baekhyun immediately separated from his boyfriend and turned to the door.

Jongin repeated the action.

Both of their eyes widened as they stared at the bedroom door which was now wide open, and had a stranger standing in the door way, grinning way too much at them. And cue the panic at the fact there was an intruder in their house.

Standing in front of them, wearing a creepy smile, and carrying… breakfast?

“Who the hell are you?!” Jongin shouted, pointing at him in fear and in anger. Having his boyfriend beside him did make him feel a bit better.

“I got you breakfast! Although…” The stranger looked at Baekhyun in confusion, “…I didn’t realise you would have company so now I feel bad because I’ve only made yours… sorry!” Speaking in a way that he sounded familiar with the Jongin. And if Jongin didn’t think it could get any weirder, he caught sight of what was on the tray and it was his favourite breakfast.

Oh crap.

This was his stalker wasn’t it? Finally confronting him. And by god, this was the first time that Jongin wished that Baekhyun was a lot manlier than he was.

And how he wished this strange man would just leave.

“Here you go!” As soon as the man took a step further, Baekhyun shot up from the bed with a warning hand.

“Don’t ing come closer. What the are you doing here?!” His voice was incredibly loud. When he didn’t get an immediate answer, he grabbed his phone from the side table and tried to threaten the other. “I will call the police unless you leave, right now.” Baekhyun’s finger was on the call button, ready to go.

The stranger’s smile left his lips before he lifted up his hand and pointed towards the mobile phone.

Suddenly, the phone in Baekhyun’s hand disappeared.

“What the ?”

“Looking for this?” With a slight smirk, the stranger waved his hand and showed off the phone. “Sorry, I can’t have you calling the police. Especially when I’m not here for you.”

“How’d you do that?”

Jongin, on the other hand, was too busy staring at the stranger than to listen to what his boyfriend was currently saying. And what he had just seen. He had seen the stranger do a very subtle hand movement when he had pointed at Baekhyun, that to most people, would be unimportant. But he knew what it was. And what it meant.

That’s what caused him to rush over to Baekhyun’s side and stand in front of him.

“Wait.”

“What? Why?”

Jongin stood up – very glad that he hadn’t gone to sleep at all, which would’ve been even more embarrassing – and looked over at the stranger. Even though this was an incredibly dangerous situation, there was something about the way he stole the phone without even touching it, and that, is why he needed to know more about why the other was here.

Baekhyun was staring at his boyfriend in disbelief. Also at the fact that the other had just stolen his phone somehow.

“What’s your name?” Jongin asked, staring at the other with curiosity.

“Kim Joonmyun! Or you can call me Suho, I don’t mind.” Definitely way too chipper a response.

“…So… you can do magic?” A question like that made Baekhyun question the boy’s sanity. But he was too surprised to say anything to interrupt the weird as hell conversation that was going on. Joonmyun gave a simple nod. “I…I’ve not met another witch in a very long time.”

Joonmyun smiled at the other and nodded again.

“That spell was really quick, I hardly noticed.” Jongin said, taking a few quick – but slightly cautious – steps towards Joonmyun as he was complimenting the others magic skills. The other smiled and shrugged his shoulders, trying not to act so proud over the other at all, but he was impressive, he had to admit. “Who taught you how to do that? I could never learn by myself.”

“Actually, my father taught me my magic.” The man explained, moving to the edge of the bed to finally put the breakfast tray down. Jongin just nodded along. “Also, as for why I’m here, well, I think it’d be best discussed alone.”

Both of them looked back at Baekhyun who was still trying to get his head around the fact that Jongin was discussing ‘magic’ with the intrusive stranger like it was the most normal thing in the world. With a small hum, Jongin nodded at Joonmyun as he turned around to face his speechless boyfriend.

Though he wasn’t entirely sure about what he was going to say. Oh well, he was just going to have to wing it.

Anything to get Baekhyun out of here without asking too many questions.

“Baekhyun, can you give us a little bit of time alone?” Jongin had to try and be as less condescending as he could, but the expression he was faced with from his boyfriend was to be expected. “I’m sorry, I’ll explain it all later, but please, trust me.” Oh how he hoped that he hadn’t just ruined his relationship by ditching his boyfriend to be with a random witch who just broke into his house.

This definitely looked weird. It made Jongin wonder that if Baekhyun did leave, if he would ever see him again.

Baekhyun sighed and shrugged.

“Whatever.” His voice didn’t have an ounce of light in it. “I’ll see you later when you can… explain… all of this.” The tone he was using didn’t particularly sound like he wanted to come back.

Baekhyun gathered up his clothes and slipped past Joonmyun without a peep.

It was definitely awkward.

But you would think that nothing had happened, because as soon as Baekhyun had left, Jongin could feel the excitement of being able to just talk to another witch fill his body and he immediately offered the other to follow him down into the living room, where they could talk properly. Sitting down, Jongin watched Joonmyun sit down and smile once again.

Leaning forward, he grinned at the other witch and was thinking about all the questions he wanted to ask. Or did he want another presentation of magic?

It was all so incredible either way.

But Jongin supposed that the one thing he really should ask first is why the other witch tracked him down, and above all, knew what he liked for breakfast. Then again, he could be a mind reader. Who knows? There was so many questions!

“Joonmyun, why are you here?” The first question was perhaps the most important, and they had to get past it. Leaning back on the couch, Joonmyun smiled.

“Well, it’s a bit of a crazy story.”

“We’re witches.” Jongin mentioned, smirking at the other as he pointed between himself and the other. “A crazy story is what I’m expecting.”

“…Okay.” Joonmyun said, rubbing his hands together like he was nervous. “First thing I should probably point out is that, being a witch – and I must say a pretty powerful one – I have been able to travel here, from a very faraway place.” Jongin nodded his head along to the story so far. “And by ‘faraway’ I mean the future. Jongin, I am from the future.” As he explained his full story, Jongin’s eyes widened at what he heard. A witch, from the future.

Oh god. Now, he didn’t believe him a full one hundred percent, but there was a large possibility that Joonmyun was telling the truth. And if it was true, then what had Jongin done in the future that made Joonmyun come back to change it?

What the hell did he do?

“…Go on, please.”

“Okay. Now, I can’t tell you too much, but what I can tell you is that something is wrong. You’ve not done something that you were meant to do.”

…That was certainly cryptic. That could be a whole lot of things.

“Care to elaborate? Please?”

Joonmyun chuckled at the others impatience. He knew that what he was saying was a large tale that was probably bullcrap, but after all, they may be dealing with Jongin’s future. And that was important. Time travel was a hell of an ordeal, and to be quite honest, Joonmyun had really no idea what he was doing. Or what he wasn’t supposed to be doing either.

But he was here now, and he was going all out to accomplish what he set out to do, even if it meant sounding absolutely crazy.

“Right well, now, I know how crazy this is going to sound but, I came back because I am… your son.”

Time stopped.

Jongin’s breath stopped and he just stared at the man in front of him.

The man who looked like he was telling the whole-hearted truth and that terrified the hell out of him. Trying to get through the shock of what he heard, he realised that there was no conceivable way or reason to believe him and that he had to stand for some evidence of such an atrocious statement. Looking up at Joonmyun, he crooked his eyes.

“Prove it.”

“Alright.”

Joonmyun stood up and shoved his hand into his pocket, taking out something that meant the world to him, but he knew that this was the only sort of evidence that would prove his story.

Moving over to Jongin, he held out his hand and let the other peer into what he was holding so dearly onto. The boy’s breath gasped as soon as he saw it, his own hand rushing up to the necklace around his own neck, and the ring that was looped onto the chain. A ring that had been passed down onto him from his father. It was magical, of course, but it was ancient magic, dangerous, one-of-a-kind, and he wouldn’t have given it to just anyone.

Looking up to Joonmyun, he took the ring off of him and held it next to his own necklace. It was an exact match. There were symbols on it that completely matched his own – and they would’ve been extremely hard to copy. As he looked at them both, he could only imagine that the only person he would’ve handed the ring to, would in fact, be his own child.

That’s when he decided to look over Joonmyun, gulping when he saw a familiar glint in the boy’s eyes that immediately reminded him of himself, or worse, his father.

His hair was blonde and gelled up, but you could see the natural colour in his roots.

Golden brown, like his own.

The eyes were the final piece of evidence that he needed. As he peered into them deeply, the golden brown was the exact same colour as his own mother’s eyes. They looked so peaceful, kind, gentle and warm. Without complaints, those were his mother’s eyes.

“So you’re… my future son?” Jongin spoke out loud finally, disbelieving the words that were leaving his own mouth but it sounded like the truth. Taking his own ring back, Joonmyun nodded, shoving it onto his finger to keep it safer. “That is so… amazing, you have no idea.” The boy stood up and walked right up to the other. And of course, Joonmyun was slightly of smaller height than him, which made Jongin feel relieved – if he was taller, that would’ve been slightly awkward.

Joonmyun chuckled at the puzzling look in Jongin’s eyes but this was exactly what he was expecting. That or, complete denial. This was the happy option. Belief, if not sceptical belief. Well, that is until he told his younger father why he actually came back to the past.

With that in mind, Joonmyun walked back to the couch behind him and he took a seat, ready to speak once again.

As soon as Jongin sat down, Joonmyun spoke.

“In my time – in the future – my life was as normal as ever until I felt… something weird happen.” Jongin’s interest was definitely peaked. “Actually it felt like I was floating a bit, and I certainly didn’t cast a spell to do that. As good as that sounds, it was awful. I felt each day pass quickly and with each day, a part of me was disappearing.” As far as explanations go, Joonmyun felt the best way to explain it was descriptively. “Of course I looked into it, visited a few other seers and such, and they told me that what was happening was because of you.”

Joonmyun and Jongin’s eyes caught each other and for some reason, Jongin felt his heart pang a little at the information. What had he done to cause his own future son to start to disappear? What kind of horrible thing has he done?

“So I cast a spell to come back to when something happened that wasn’t supposed to. And honestly, I’ve got a feeling I know what went wrong.” He finished explaining and Jongin was already loaded with questions. But mostly it was guilt. Complete guilt for causing this awful thing to happen.

Then again, it did allow him to take a rare peek into the future. His future son.

“Okay so first, tell me what you’ve figured out, then you can answer some of my questions, right?” With that said, Joonmyun let out a heartfelt chuckle whilst nodding to the terms.

“Who was that in bed with you?” The first question was a random one.

“Oh that was Baekhyun, my boyfriend?” Jongin spoke whilst thinking about a very interesting question that had just popped into his head. “Wait.” Time to ask. “Joonmyun, can you tell me who your other parent is?”

“That’s my point Jongin, it’s not Baekhyun.”

“That’s a problem?”

Jongin sort of knew that perhaps he and Baekhyun wouldn’t be together forever, there was a little problem with Baekhyun not being too responsible for marriage and kids etc., but he didn’t understand why it was a problem for this story. Or Joonmyun. The boy sighed and he leaned back.

“I was born on May 22nd, 2017.” Joonmyun explained, hoping the other could do the proper math or at least see what he was getting at.

But the boy stayed silent, as if he was concentrating hard.

Or just thinking about something else.

“That means my conception date lies between July and August 2016.” After this better described explanation, surely his future father could get the point. And of course he did, and Joonmyun tried hard not to laugh at the expression that fell upon Jongin’s face when he realised what month it was, and the year. “That means this month, or next month, you and my other parent have to conceive me.”

“Oh my god! I can’t get pregnant!” Jongin shot up, thinking about how his life was about to end. He was only twenty-two. He was in the prime of his life but now Joonmyun was telling him he had to get pregnant?! “Look, I-I can’t, okay?” The other boy just stayed silent. “Wait, if it’s not Baekhyun, then who?”

Does that mean he finds someone else in the next few weeks, has with them, and conceives a child with them?

That sounds like a total stranger!

Jongin would never do that. Besides, he uses protection every single time he ends up in bed with someone. He’s proper taught. So this, this time does not make sense. But it looked like Joonmyun wasn’t playing around.

But why was he staying silent? Jongin had asked him a very important question and the boy has ignored it twice now.

“Joonmyun, tell me who the other parent is.” He ordered, folding his arms across his chest, at least, he tried to look serious.

“Look, my other dad, it’s sort of a touchy subject for me.” Joonmyun explained, looking down at the ground and nervously playing with his fingers. But he sighed. “Then again, I guess you need to know.” Jongin could see the other become extremely uncomfortable at the topic. Which also made him feel completely guilty. Who was this guy? “Okay well… his name is Oh Sehun.”

That name struck a knife through Jongin, cutting into his heart and making his eyes widen to the point where he probably couldn’t close them anymore. Jongin could see now why Joonmyun was so uncomfortable with him.

Sehun was his ex-boyfriend – it was a terrible relationship, but it was one that last more than three years. How? He had no idea. He couldn’t remember most of it as he tried to block it from his conscious. Jongin sat down once again and tried to deal with the information overload. Joonmyun – his future son – wanted him to go and conceive him with Sehun – his ex-boyfriend. This was an incredibly ty situation. How was he supposed to do so in the next few weeks?

Jongin was going to have to tell the other something he didn’t want to hear.

“Joonmyun, I’m sorry but I can’t do that.”

“But Jongin—.”

“No! You have no idea what he done to me. Oh Sehun is a vicious demon who I need to stay the away from.” Jongin shouted, unnecessarily raising his voice but he couldn’t help it when the subject matter was Sehun. The other boy stared at him, as if he had heard something weird come from Jongin’s mouth.

“Wait, what did you just say?” He asked, standing up a little with that majestic smile gone from his pink lips. “Did you just say demon?”

Jongin nodded along with it.

“That’s metaphorical… right?”

“No. He’s a fully-fledged demon.” He explained, shrugging his shoulders. “Surely you knew that, right?” With a shake of his head, Joonmyun answered. “But if he was your other dad, wouldn’t he or I have told you what he was? That isn’t really something that you could keep a secret of.”

“Well I guess you could, since, you never told me.” Joonmyun said, hanging his head low as he wasn’t expecting any new information about his parents to come forward during his travel back to the past. “And Sehun was never there for me as I got older so, I never really noticed.” You could tell that the subject bothered him, and Jongin didn’t want to pry, but not knowing that one of your parents was a demon was a pretty big hit.

With a sigh, he spoke again.

“Look, that is the main reason I can’t go back to him. Sehun is… well… he’s troublesome and he’s a part of a life I wanted to cleanse from my memory.” He explained, shaking his head. “Plus, I would never know where to find him, especially not in a few weeks.”

Joonmyun could tell the other was fighting with his own conscious, but he wasn’t sure that Jongin understood the consequences of what was going on.

And the consequences were huge.

Walking over to him, he placed his hands on Jongin’s shoulders, hoping that the extra closeness would help adjust Jongin to the situation. Letting out a sigh, he knew how hard this would be to hear – and hell, if he had switched places with the other he was sure he wouldn’t stand for it. But he wasn’t. And it was his life on the line.

“Look, dad,” the name made Jongin shiver in confusion, “…if you don’t do this, I will never exist. I understand that I’m being selfish but, it was supposed to happen this way. If it wasn’t, I wouldn’t be able to travel back here, to you.”

Jongin squinted his eyes and looked down. Joonmyun definitely had the ‘puppy dog’ look down for someone his age.

If he didn’t look at him, he couldn’t be fooled.

He couldn’t be fooled into looking up his own demon ex-boyfriend and asking for because their son from the future was disappearing. Oh crap. Jongin couldn’t believe this was happening, it was utter crazy.

But he supposed the whole magic thing was already crazy, so he should be used to it by now.

And he could get to know Joonmyun better, maybe find out some facts about the future. Maybe something he might even want to change. Or make sure that he didn’t change. With one more look at the boy in front of him, he knew that in his heart, he had no choice but to go along with this boy’s pleading, and accept whatever the consequences were to his own life at the moment.

Time to go and find Sehun.

For their son.


A/N: First chapter! Hope you enjoyed it. Please leaves us a comment - it shall help me write the next part <£