Hire Him!

A Different Perspective
Hire Him! – MIN & CHEN DAE OUT
Uploaded 13th January 2014
 
 
“Hello babies, today it is the 12th of January and it is half eight in the morning. This is officially the earliest I’ve been up all week but it is a certain Do Kyungsoo birthday and we are planning a surprise outing. I’ve invited some of my friends to fill the table up a bit so they can all mingle. He’s 22 so we’re going to party! After we have food. So today me and Minseok are off to the restaurant we booked a table at to talk to the waiters and the chef. Minseok said that Kyungsoo hates being made a fuss off but he deserves it because he works hard and he still hasn’t got any acting jobs so we have to celebrate. So we’re both going to get ready then to the restaurant and then some lunch because I really fancy a big meal today. So I’m off for a shower, bye!” Jongdae turned the camera off and hopped into the shower.
Once he finished getting ready and placed a cap on his wet hair and joined Minseok in the living room. “You driving?” Jongdae grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.
“Can do.” Minseok grabbed his keys before heading outside.
 
Jongdae turned the camera on as they sat in the car. They pulled their seatbelts on as Minseok started the car and Jongdae turned the radio on. “So we’ve just met with the restaurant and everything’s sorted so I’m really excited. Now we can go get food!”
Jongdae and Minseok started to sing along with the song on the radio, Jongdae adding random adlibs every now and then until they pulled into a car park.
Jongdae held the camera facing Minseok as they sat in the café, Minseok pulling faces at the camera whilst they waited for their food.
 
“It is currently 4.38 pm.” Jongdae zoomed in on this alarm clock before pointing the camera back at himself. “And we’re currently getting ready for Kyungsoo’s meal. The plan is that me and Minseok are going to pick him up and take him to the restaurant where everyone else will be waiting, Baekhyun is getting there first so everyone knows where to go. I’m so excited to see Kyungsoo’s reaction, then we’re going to a bar that Minseok, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo used to attend and we’re going to get -faced. It’s going to be great.”
“Dae, get your arse dressed! Utterly useless.” Minseok was spraying hairspray onto his head as he bumped Jongdae with his hip.
“Okay, okay.” Jongdae pouted as he turned the camera off. He rushed to his wardrobe and started to grab his outfit for the night. Minseok shook his head as he placed Jongdae’s hairspray back on the desk then headed back to his room.
“Right, I’m ready!” Jongdae called, skipping out of his room to Minseok sorting his jacket out.
“Good, let’s tell Baekhyun we’re off then go get Kyungsoo.” Minseok grabbed his keys as they exited the flat. They called next door to a dressed up Baekhyun, they informed him then took off to the garage to get Minseok’s car.
 
It took twenty minutes to drive to Kyungsoo’s home and Minseok jumped out to go greet him. Jongdae placed the camera on the dashboard as Minseok and Kyungsoo climbed into the car. Kyungsoo waved to the camera as he put his seatbelt on, Minseok started the car back up.
“So Kyungsoo, how does it feel being 22!” Jongdae sang before laughing. Minseok shook his head as Kyungsoo chuckled.
“No different unfortunately Jongdae.”
“Spoil sport.” The other pouted.
 
They pulled into the car park and Minseok led them into the restaurant with Jongdae filming Kyungsoo as they entered. Minseok smiled at the full table as Baekhyun stood up and ran at Kyungsoo. “Happy birthday Soo! My little baby!” He wrapped himself around Kyungsoo, the other laughed as he held his best friend.
“Thank you Baekhyun, but please don’t kill me.”
Baekhyun let go and grinned before pulling him over to sit next to him. Jongdae and Minseok took their seats as everyone wished Kyungsoo a happy birthday with Baekhyun introducing some of Jongdae’s friends.
“This is Yixing and his boyfriend, Junmyeon and that is Jongin. Oh this is Chanyeol, my new photographer. Minseok said I could bring him.” Kyungsoo said hi to everyone Baekhyun introduced before the waiter came over to take orders.
 
Soon the drinks were flowing with the conversation and the food. No one was quiet at the table and no one was left out. The simple designed cake was brought out and placed in the middle of the table. They sang out of tune to Kyungsoo laughing before he blew out his candles and a waiter came over a cut the cake for them as they were not trusted with the knife, the cake was split equally and they all tucked in happily before cheering for the birthday boy. Jongdae finally turned the camera off.
 
They all left the restaurant and began walking to the bar in groups. Yixing laughed as Jongdae threw his arms around his best friend as they stumbled.
“Are you okay, Jongdae?”
“Yeah! I’m feeling great. I can finally buy you that drink I’ve owed you for about two years now.”
“Yeah, we don’t go drinking enough together.”
“It’s cause you’re busy. Too busy for me.” Jongdae pouted as Yixing hit him on the arm.
“I’m sorry Dae. We’ll hang out more, I promise. Anyway, you’ve got Minseok.” Yixing nodded over to the male walking with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Jongin. Jongdae sighed as he rested his head on Yixing’s shoulder.
“I guess.”
“What do you mean, you guess? You live together.”
“I know but we’re just roommates.”
“Just? You’re friends as well. You’ve known each other for how long?”
“Five months since Japan. But Xing!” Jongdae whined, dragging out Yixing’s name.
“Do you like him?”
Jongdae huffed. “Maybe but I don’t know. Yeah, I do. A lot.” Yixing his hair as they walked.
“Then tell him.”
“Do you want me to be homeless? I’m good, thanks.” Jongdae stood up straight and pouted again.
“You won’t be homeless. Minseok is an understanding person.”
“You know what, Yixing? I don’t know whether you’re a good friend or a bad one.”
“You love me.” Yixing grinned as they entered the bar.
They grabbed a booth as Minseok bought the first round of drinks and brought them to the table. “It feels nice to be back here.” Kyungsoo smiled as he looked around the bar.
“I know, the memories.” Baekhyun placed his hand over his heart.
 
“Minseok, when you getting a boyfriend?” Kyungsoo asked, sipping from his glass.
“Never?”
“Never! Why never?” Kyungsoo frowned.
“I just don’t care at the moment.” Minseok shrugged.
“You don’t care when you live with an attractive piece of .” Baekhyun smirked.
“Can you not speak about Jongdae like that? I just don’t look at him like that.”
“You sure? I’ve seen the way you act together. You totally want each other.”
“I like him but I don’t think like that.”
“Don’t kid yourself, Minseok. You’re only saying this because you ‘don’t care at the moment’. You wouldn’t just take anyone in to live with you.”
“I hate you.”
“You’re only saying that because I’m right.” Baekhyun smugly turned away.
“What about Kyungsoo?! He’s been single just as long as me!”
“Yes but Kyungsoo is my little baby, he’s not allowed to date just yet. And if he does, then he has to be a suitable male. Maybe like Jongin, I like Jongin. But you, I expected more from you.”
“Be useful and get more drinks.” Minseok pouted and finished his drink off.
 
“So Kyungsoo, did you enjoy today?” Jongin turned to the other and struck up conversation, he hadn’t talked much to the other and he felt a bit rude.
“Yeah I did, it was a bit of surprise because they didn’t say they were taking me out so when Minseok texted me this morning saying that we were going out for food, I was pleasantly surprised. Anyway, how do you know Jongdae?” Kyungsoo turned his body towards Jongin.
“I’m a dance trainer at SM and his sister is a trainee and she’s in my group. She’s a good dancer, not like Jongdae. He comes to the studio and hangs out a lot.”
“Wow, that’s cool.”
“Yeah, it is pretty cool. I was pretty lucky. So what do you do?”
“I’m what you’d call an aspiring actor.”
“Why an aspiring actor?”
“Because I haven’t had an acting job yet. Wait, that’s a lie. I had an advert job when I was younger. I go to auditions all the time but I haven’t had a reply in four years.”
“You should come to SM, they’re wanting acting tutors for drama sessions.”
“I don’t know, I don’t think I could teach it. I’ll get something someday, it’s just a waiting game.”
“Well if you ever need help, you know where to find me.” Jongin grinned as he took the drinks off Baekhyun.
 
“Do you want to share a cab?” Jongin asked as they all stood outside when they eventually finished drinking.
“I was going to share with Minseok and Jongdae.”
“It’s okay, Jongin’s closer to you, It’d be easier for you. We’ll get Baekhyun and Chanyeol to share.” Jongdae grinned as he nudged Jongin’s arm.
“Okay.” Kyungsoo smiled as he followed Jongin to a taxi.
 
Minseok and Jongdae bid goodbye to the rest of the group as they hopped into the van with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “I feel bad for Kyungsoo, he’s tries so hard to get work but no one hires him.” Baekhyun huffed as he leaned on Chanyeol’s shoulder.
“We should make him, like, a video CV and put it on YouTube.” Jongdae giggled.
“You mean like a promotional video?” Minseok asked as he shook his head.
“Yeah!”
“You need to go to sleep.”