006

Musing & Us

I'm so so so sorry! I was on my semester break but didn't have the time to update this. Reality is really hard and I haven't had much time to be by myself and hence why I didn't update much. So sorry guys T.T I'll try my best to find time to update this. I still have one day before the new semester officially starts. I can't believe this >.< I hope you guys have a great day and all, unlike some people <3

 

"I'm heading out now, unnie ~" Yoonhee had hollered out loud with a hand resting over the knob of the door, an attempt to inform her busy roommate, too intent on making food in the kitchen. She waited for a moment, only silence greeting her as she let her gaze fall to the ground underneath her sneakers covered feet, waiting for a response from the latter unlike she usually does. Pursing her natural red smooth lips into a thin lip, her grasp on the doorknob loosening as she quickly faked a smile, feeling her heart gradually descending lower into the deep pit of her stomach at the thought of her family that was currently residing in Jeju Island. Fluttering her eyes closed for a moment, she reprimanded herself to not sway so easily. She had reasons to be in Seoul, all alone, by herself. Adjusting the moss satchel bag that was slung across her figure, she tigthened her grasp over the doorknob again and finally opened the entrance of her apartment, heading for her morning shift. Sunlight blinding her eyes for a moment,  squinting her eyes out of reflex as her ears perked up, catching the sounds of hurried footsteps coming from behind her.

 

Yoonhee twirled around in anticipation, hand still on the doorknob as she pulled on the door to narrow the gap of the previous opening door. Her heart lurched upwards at the slightly running college girl in front of her, the pink apron still in tact over her simple laced white dress with sleeves reaching to her elbows, hair let down. Just, simply pretty and simply graceful. Just, the opposite of her, unfortunately... Her eyes had only went over all of that, heart squeezing at her torturing thoughts as she persistenly focused on the rather big lunch box that was in the latter's left hand. Heart instantly swelling up in silent gratitude as she feigned innocence, ungluing her eyes from the packed food as the high school dropout smirked lamely, trying her best to be nonchalant despite the ever growing of fluttering butterflies in her stomach. Wriggling both of her hands behind her figure, the middle length haired tilted her head in attention. "In a hurry, unnie ?" The younger girl had said instead. 

 

In return, the older one had chuckled kindly when she properly stood in front of Yoonhee, right arm extending the packed food towards the girl as she kindly smiled. "Here you go, little sis," In response to that, the younger girl's gaze softened and tears began to prickle at the ends of her eyes as she closed the door of the apartment again and extended the hand towards her roommate, ignoring the feeling of her heart plummeting further down into the pit of her stomach, heart missing home even more as she accepted the food with much appreciation. She held the packed food tightly  against her chest, lower lip tucked underneath her teeth as she barely held in the tears that were beginning to brim in her eyes. Lee Yoonhee had been missing home more than usual for no apparent reason, these past few days. The younger girl poked her inner cheek with her own tongue, faking a smile as she tried her very best, pretending to be unaffected by the kindness that she was receiving from her roommate of almost two months now. She should be accustomed to it by now, to be honest.

 

It'll be two months in a week, I think ? She had guessed by herself. Taking a step back from the latter, Yoonhee had carefully scanned the packed food in her hand in attempt to divert her attention from the thought of home sweet home. Tears were begging to fall and she was doing her very best to not cry in front of the elder one. Finally, she had mustered the courage to not cry and gazed back into her eyes, lips curled into a soft smile that showed a portion of her upper teeth as well as the bit of her pink healthy gums."Thanks, unnie," Yoonhee had uttered under her breath, gesturing towards the packed food in her right hand while the college girl had just flashed a kind grin, head bobbing up and down in understanding.

 

"I really appreciate this," She continued on and looked away from her, eyes glancing around the entrance way of the apartment before focusing on the slowly grinning person in front of her as they allowed the silence to fill in the space between them. The red lipstick worn by Yoonhee's roommate glistening under the light at the entrance way. Yoonhee had tilted her head, mind in wonder at the sight of her roommate. The high school dropout couldn't help but think, how pretty she had looked and elegant from her perspective. Eyes gradually softening, jaw tensing and her heart ultimately clenching in pain at her own train of thought, tears beginnig to prickle at the ends of her eyes again. If I was at least a qua- no! Half, as half the person she was,  half like her... My parents would have been  really really proud of me and would show me off to everyone they know... Yoonhee snapped out of her trance, hands into fists as an unnoticed tear slipped through one of her eyes. The younger girl consequently noticed the college girl in front of her giggling as she gently put a hand over the crown of her head, ruffling her hair before dropping the hand over her  right cheek and brought the other one over the other side. Leaning forward a bit, her roommate had tried to squish her cheeks that were void of any fat by now as the days passed by and cooed at her like a mother would, till her cheeks were red from embarrassment. Cooing at how she was losing weight and not eating well, like a real mother would, just like her mother.

 

The girl had a bitter smile decorated on her face, the ends of her lips curling downwards as the image of her home in Jeju grew vivid as her eyes fluttered close, trying her best to maintain her composure. Her roommate had mistaken the act as a gesture of discomfort from the non-minimal skin contact as the older one had thought it was cute of her, cooing even more as a form of teasing. "Such a sweetheart you are, aren't you ?" Yoonhee had awkwardly smiled  in return, trying to part her eyes open, hoping tears wouldn't fall out of them and her teeth could be seen through the awkward smile she had cracked while she struggled to pull away from the latter. When the girl had finally gotten the chance to pull away from the kind woman in front of her, she had put on the black beanie that she had in her left pocket of her beige cargo pants and bid a soft farewell as Yoonhee quickly slipped out through the gap of the door that she had opened.

 

"It's a shame that you couldn't tag along and meet my best friend. I think the both of you would be really good friends," The younger girl had heard her friend added as she immediately closed the door behind her, shoulders sinking into their original positions as relief flooded her entire figure. Yoonhee ended up ignoring her roommate's words, back resting against the door as she tried to muster all her strength to continue the rest of the day.

 

Tugging at the beanie she was wearing, she finally mustered a bitter smile and decided it was the best for her to took deep breaths in order to maintain her composure, not wanting to start her day by crying to her heart's content, feeling homesick to the core. Putting her fingers over the bridge of her nose as her last alternative, hoping this time would succeed and it worked well like it usually does. Her phone vibrated in attention, just as she calmed down. Shoving her right hand into the front pocket of her moss satchel bag, she retrieved her phone to found a call from her mother and the frown from before etched on her forehead and deepened even more if it was even possible as she hesitated for a moment, having the slightest urge to just answer it but, it would be the best if she didn't answer it.  her lower lip out of temptation, she stared at the ceiling above her before sighing and rejected the call, silencing the phone and shoved the electronic device into one of the pockets of her cargo pants before turning around to lock the door.  the keys into her right hand before putting them away into her bag, she suddenly wiped her slightly shaking sweaty palms over the black shirt that she wore, feeling the familiar void becomig bigger somehow. Out of habit, she had let out an awkward laugh and tugged at her beanie again as she headed for her first shift of the day. Phone receiving calls several times as she headed to her work, the last notification signalling a message instead of a phone call from her mother.

 

 

Please come home, darling. Let's compromise. All of us... misses you so much..

♡ Omma ♡                                                           

 

 

♢♡♢

 

"This isn't it," Yoonhee breathed out the words, feeling exasperated as time goes by, accidentally pulling on her beanie that rested over her head, almost covering half of her face before getting rid of it while her mind was in a mess ever since she read the message from her mother and as well as the fact, she kept daydreaming about the man she met the other day. She roughly shoved the beanie into the opening of her satchel bag and focused at the open page of her turqoise binder, noticing the useless doodles and scribbles at the edges of her notes. Sighing, she trailed a finger over a caricature of the mint haired she met the other day as she rested her head on the right side of her cheek, skin meeting with the cold metal of the counter, focusing on it. It had been a few days since, they last met and the apples of her cheeks flushed the color of scarlet red as she raised her head, softly slapping on her left cheek as Yoonhee unglued her eyes from the cute caricature and instead stare at the dark night that laid outside the convenience store, trying to maintain her calmness as she took deep breaths. As Yoonhee was taking deep breaths, an image of an attractive grinning Min Yoongi popped into her mind, face still vivid in her mind and coincidentally, she had groaned out loud and sat up properly before turning around on her swivel chair before jumping out of it, going around the counter and tried to do something else, wanting to focus elsewhere as she grabbed the broom from the storage and proceeded to head to the entrance of the convenience store as she mumbled the words. "I must be crazy, for thinking about him so much," She stared off as she trailed off, shaking her head to gain back the sense of reality before scolding herself again.

 

"Crazy,crazy. You're crazy, Lee Yoonhee. C.R.A-"

 

She stopped scolding herself, hands clenching tightly onto broom before making the decision to just swipe the floor in a serene situation and made a face by herself. "Let's get it together, shall we, Yoonnie-ah ~" Yoonhee had spoke by herself, smiling in peace as she continued to smile in peace, finally able to be at peace with herself and plopped a sugar plum into as a reward, after taking it  from the small pack of sugar plum that she had over the counter from where she was writing just now. When she felt the sweet sour sensation over the tip of her tongue, she smiled in glee, relishing it as she happily continued to swipe the already clean floor of the convenience store. The middle length haired had been whistling a bit as she did so, just as the door bell rang in the silence of air, signaling an incoming customer and the girl had lifted her head to greet the person. "Welco-"

 

The fake smile she had on, slowly became a sincere one at the sight of the familiar figure entering the store. The grip she had on the broom tightened, cheeks warming up again at the sight of Yoongi's dark eyes and bed hair, trying to mask up the excitement that was building at the pit of her stomach by avoiding eye contact. She felt butterflies fluttering when she noticed the lethargic smile on the male's face, gums showing as he did so. Yoonhee rested the broom against the counter before trying to tuck a strand of hair behinf her right ear, lower lip tucked underneath her teeth as she stated the obvious. "Mister, you're here," The ends of the mint haired's lips twitched, chuckling as his eyes glanced around the store before responding to her. He finally let go of the door and went over to the magazine section, Yoonhee's eyes following the male as he answered back nonchalantly.

 

"I am," His eyes meeting hers for a moment, his lips twitched again in amusement at the cute look on her face. It almost reminded him of Kim Saera and the smile slipped off of his face, clearing his throat as he focused onto the magazines again while the girl had scratched her head bashfully. The colour red residing on her face, yet again as awkward silence fell between them for a few minutes, leaving the girl to stand there in utter quietude that she almost became dumbfounded from the sudden glare she received from the latter.

 

Yoongi over one magazine in particular, eyes closed shut to muster up the courage before turning around to face the girl and flashed an awkward smile with hands shoved in his sweatpants. "Look, kid...." He began, shifting his weight to one heel and to the other, his left hand was against the nape of his neck as he continued with his words, "You offered your help the other day, right ?" The girl slowly nodded her head, the memory reliving itself in her mind as she tilted her head in curiousity and waited in patience for him to explain even more. Yoongi smiled, noticing the green light that he received from the girl as she flashed a kind smile as an answer without being vocal about it.

 

All of the sudden, the male had to rub his eyes for a brief second, hoping he had been seeing wrong to see the young girl in front of him as Kim Saera. Yoonhee still had the smile over her face, leaving him mesmerized for a moment as she opted to continue the conservation between them, curious to know what he wanted her to help with. "Yeah, sure. What is it ?" He snapped out of his trance,  his lower lip as he smirked to himself in disbelief, surprised to know the fact that he was still not over the feelings he had over his best friend. He showed a somber smile, ruffling his hair before leaning against the wall that was right beside the magazine section, a few inches away from where the girl stood and gathered the courage that he had wanted to say after the day he had went through. Head tilted sideways, both hands in the pockets of his sweatpants as the words finally settled in the air between them.

 

"Would it be weird if, I want you to just listen to my problems ?"