Prologue

Musing & Us

He was beginning to think, that Saera was with him already.

 

He impatiently tapped his right foot against the smooth tiled floor, his fingers of his left hand drumming against the cold empty seat beside him. Yoongi was waiting for his turn to board the plane heading for Busan with the others. His left hand tightly clutching on his slim smartphone, awaiting for a new reply from her.

 

He ignored the worried glances from his two bandmates who sat opposite to him as well as the people who kept glaring at him for having his legs way too out, almost tripping people who walked passed him in a hurry, eyes almost boring holes into the screen of his phone as if lasers could be emitted out from his eyeballs. "Come on, beautiful,"

 

He desperately said by himself. By then, tears were b at the ends of his eyes as he harshly wiped them away by the ends of his red and black varsity jacket sleeve, feeling them trickling down as the time flew by with the absence of Saera's reply. Yoongi finally gave up, after waiting for almost two hours now, shoving the phone into his sling bag that Saera had given him as a present and stood up along with the crew, hearing the announcement for their plane.

 

Yoongi walked beside Namjoon, his lips trembling at the jumbled emotions in his heart, not sure how to convey the feelings he was having now. His mind in a deep thought before Namjoon slung an arm over the older one, whispering the words to Yoongi. 

 

"You okay, hyung?"

 

He turned his head to the latter for a moment, wanting to answer but he only ended up closing and opening his lips like a goldfish. A pregnant pause stretches between them as he looked away, eyes looking downwards to see the ring hanging from the metal cord that was wrapped around his neck. His eyes glazing at the shining metal, carefully grasping on it before sighing, "I honestly don't know,"

 

Yoongi was hoping he hadn't heard him but, the latter had. Thankfully, he was sensible enough to not comment on it as he only squeezed his shoulder in assurance. Hoseok came running towards them, getting in between the two of them as he rambled on how excited he was for having the chance to do performances around their own country.

 

The oldest one sighed, the ends of his lips tugging upwards, seeing how excited Hoseok was. His heart feeling lighter a bit from, getting infected by Hoseok's positive vibe. Just as they reached their boarding line, they queued up in a straight line to check their tickets and naturally enough, Yoongi's mind wandered to her. The ends of his lips curled upwards almost  patheticly at the thought of Saera with Jungkook. Both his hands balled into fists for a moment but soon, he was snapped into reality, the moment disrupted by the flight attendance. Yoongi had looked behind him after handing his ticket to the stewardess, his heart wanting to see her for one last time, hoping she would appear out of nowhere, just like in the movies.

 

Kim Saera would come in bursting through the crowd, tears in her eyes and a relief smile plastered on her cute mesmerizing face, bidding farewell as if it was the last time she was seeing him. Except that, she never did. The flight attendance prompted for him to enter as the final warning was already announced. The mint haired sigh, a sad smile tugging at his lips, murmuring it to no one in particular to hear it. The said person was too busy on her first date. That thought left a bitter aftertaste at the end of his tongue but he ignored it, not quite sure why he was being such crybaby in the first place.

 

"Goodbye, Kim Saera. I'm gonna miss you a lot, beautiful,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He'll learn soon enough of his own feelings when he comes back.