003

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

2011

 

 

“I want to kill him.” Martina stated as she dropped her books on the table with a thud, Jackson grinned and patted the empty seat next to his.

Mark looked up from the book he was reading.

“What happened?” Jinyoung asked calmly, they’ve been friends with the girl for almost a year now. At first it was a little tough to crack, but now after finding out common interests and hatred for the same people, they all got along well.

Well in reality, Mona was stuck with them since Harin’s parents decided to move her back to Seoul to finish her studies.

What happened, M?”

“. happened.” She grunted, they were at a café just across the academy.

Mark glanced at the window and saw the Rolls Royce driving away from the building.

T, are you going somewhere?” He spoke.

Martina looked up and nodded.

“Yeah, I am. I need to get clothes for some party.”

Jackson nudged her.

Well, I was finishing this report I have for English, then some guy decided it would make my day if started disturbing about questions regarding Charles Dickens.

Jaebum snorted.

BamBam grinned behind his laptop.

Then I lost my trail of thought really, so, I have to pull an all nighter.” She sighed and stood up.

Your car left, T.” Mark spoke again.

I know. Wow, that’s two sentences for me. Thanks. I’ll be taking the cab downtown. See you.

 

 

 

“I think what he’s trying to say is,” Martina spoke as they walked towards the building.

“Senior year just started for the four of you and he’s worried.” She glanced at Jackson who was grumbling.

Probably something about not wanting to go back to Hong Kong and work for his dad. Typical scion problems.” She shrugged.

Jinyoung grinned at her.

“So, it’s going to be me, Youngjae, Bam and Yugyeom.” She grinned at Yugyeom and looped her arm around his.

Are you really going for Master’s?” She asked Mark as they climbed the steps. She let got of Yugyeom.

“Maybe Oxford.” Mark nodded as they entered the main hall.

“Well, you’re the one who’s so calm about graduating. They’re all worried about going home.” Martina spoke as they reached the main staircase.

Mark just nodded as they climbed the steps. Somehow, odd enough, Martina got along with the quietest one in the group. Granted, they didn’t talk much; hanging around with quiet Mark was now a usual thing for her.

This is it.” Marti looked at the door, Mark was standing behind her.

I’ll see you at lunch, T.” Mark squeezed her shoulder before leaving.

And somehow, Mark always walked her to her first class and doesn’t call her M like most of her friends.

 

 

“I don’t understand, you said you like her.” Mona stated as she carried her tray to the table, she was dressed in a pair of dark jeans, a blue cable knit sweater and a pair of Valentino sneakers.

I said that?” Jackson, the Casanova, blinked at her.

“You said she might be the one.” Jaebum reminded as the two joined their table. Mark and Yugyeom scooted over.

“Yeah, that.” She nodded again and forked through her salad, she sighed.

Screw that gala next week, I want that burger.” She muttered darkly before jumping out of her chair.

Jinyoung chuckled.

“Who would have imagined though, the great Mona Jeon, hanging out with us.” BamBam mused.

“I’m glad your crush on her faded, really. I love having her around.” Jinyoung teased, the younger male just ignored him. Martina came back to them with a burger in hand.

 

 

January 2012

 

“Yes, yes, I’m getting you that.” Marti sighed as she dried her hands and walked out of the ladies’ room. Harin was on the other end.

“I know, Lee Harin. I know your size.” She nodded again, then she looked up as she noticed a familiar figure standing by the large windows near the school’s clinic.

“I’ll be in Seoul next week. Don’t worry.” Mark spoke.

Martina paused, she never heard him speak so….tenderly.

“Yes, Hyemin….Wait, what?” Mark paused, Marti leaned against the railings and watched him.

“Coming over? Here?...That sound great…I know..Email me then. I’m glad you can visit, I miss you.”

Martina saw the smile on his face as he ended the call.

Yo, Tuan.” She spoke, Mark looked up not bothering to hide the smile on his face.

“She’s coming over, T!” He said to her.

“Okay, Mark Tuan with more than one emotion. That’s a first.” She blinked.

“Who is coming over?”

“We should call the guys and grab pizza.” Mark stated, before she could reply he grabbed her wrist and they ran towards the elevator.

“Mark, Mark, I have class. You idiot.” She said as they entered the machine.

You can ditch. That’s how we met, remember?” He said with a big grin of his face.

“Wow, I am stunned.”  She stared at him.

You’re smart. You can cope up.”

What kind of sunbae are you?She queried, Mark just chuckled.

Oh my god, you can chuckle? Wowza.

“Stop it, T.”

Martina just leaned against the wall and smiled, whoever was coming made her stoic friend happy and that made her curious.

By the way, you get to choose which flavor to get today.” Mark announced as the doors opened.

 

Okay best day ever.” She chuckled while hitting his arm as they walked towards his waiting car.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++