Heathers

This Love (drabbles)

a fourteen-year-old boy was in his doorstep. taehyung was his name, the only son of their new neighbor. he was shuffling on his feet and after his third sigh, he extended his hands… hands holding a bunch of flowers. why would he give him flowers?

“do you know alstroemeria?”

he stared at his shining eyes. als-what? “uhm…”

“i hope you do!” taehyung gave him a toothy grin and ran away, leaving a confused jin. his brows creased and raised his hands just in case he could see him from their window, if the mop of black hair was any indication he was looking. “t-thank you.” he smiled and closed the door.

going back to his room, he set the flowers at the vase he found in the kitchen in his room. he liked how it gave life to the plain and boring walls, the whole shelf of books and mangas, his messy bed, and the laptop and papers in the table he has. he smiled and continued working on his damn homeworks.

 

the next day, jin opens the door and saw taehyung again with the same flowers in his hands. his box smile was already plastered in his face and his eyes shining again. jin wasn’t so sure why.

“do you know alstroemeria?”

the same question, too? “uhm…”

“I hope you do!” and the boy ran again, this time, towards the car that taehyung’s mom drives and he can’t even see on the tinted window if he was looking but he still waved and smiled.

the car drives away when jin says ‘thank you’.

 

it happened again the next day, and the next day, with the same conversation and flowers and heck, jin was so pissed he can’t even say anything besides ‘uhm’. so he opened his laptop and looked for alstroemeria at the internet.

the next afternoon, jin opens the door and he saw taehyung again.

“do you know alstroemeria?”

he smiled. “let’s be friends.”

taehyung smiled back.

 

“hyung, what’s your favorite flower?” taehyung asked one day. they were at his house, playing a video game he bought the other day. it’s been months since they started being friends and hang out together.

jin shifted his look from the screen to his face. “why?”

“just…” he shrugs, “curious.”

“i still don’t have any favorites.” jin puts down the controller on the floor and sat beside him. “when all you know are roses, you don’t really have that much choices.” they laughed. “oh. i shouldn’t forget alstroemeria.”

taehyung rolls his eyes. “seriously, hyung. you should also know daisies and lilies and—“

“hey i’m just joking.” taehyung pouts and jin ruffles his hair, noting how taehyung blushed at the gesture. “you?”

taehyung tilts his head and his hair falls on the right side of his face. “heathers.”

“what does it mean?”

“it means wishes will come true.”

 

a fifteen-year-old boy was in his doorstep. taehyung was his name and he’s holding a bunch of purple flowers. what is it this time?

“do you know lilacs?”

“what”

“i-i hope you do!” he pushed the flowers in jin’s hands, and ran towards his house, slamming the door shut. he noticed that there’s no bright smile and shining eyes but uncertainty and nervousness, stuttering along with his cold hands. jin ran towards his room and looked purple lilacs on the internet.

jin smiles.

 

the next day, taehyung was at the door and, “do you know lilacs?”

jin pulled his arms and hugged him, inhaling the scent of his hair. he whispered, “so I’m your first love, huh?”

taehyung lets out a shuddering breath and hugged him back. “you’re a sunflower, too.” he muttered and felt him smile against his shirt and skin.

“what’s that?”

“conceited hyung.”

jin laughs.

 

“do you know chrysanthemums?”

taehyung gaped at jin who was standing in taehyung’s doorstep and holding a bunch of red and white chrysanthemums in his hands. slightly letting out a puff of air, jin showed him a frustrated wince. “whatever. I’m not good at being cheerful like you.” then he stepped closer until he could feel taehyung’s breath almost in his lips. “do you know I love you so much?”

“I do.” he whispered, smiling as he takes the flowers in jin’s hands. “and I love you, too.”

“I know.” he smiled and kissed him, soft and slow.

“sunflower.”

jin laughs. "i just believed on heathers."

 

 

 

this was supposed to be angst but oh well maybe next time