20th Birthday

This Love (drabbles)

 

 

"Jin-hyung! Look at this cake! Candles says I'm 7! Taehyung is 7!" 

Seokjin smiles and pats Taehyung's head, noting the pretty lights that the kid's eyes were reflecting and the puffy cheeks from the food he's eating. "Right! So, Taehyung is a big boy now! Did you make a wish?"

"I did! I did! Hehe"

He didn't respond anymore and just wiped the icing in his chin. 

"Don't you want to know what I wished, Jin-hyung?"

"Well, if you said it out loud--"

"I WISHED TO BE JIN HYUNG'S BRIDE IN THE FUTURE!!!"

"--it's not going to come... true."

Taehyung started to cry.

 

 

 

Phone alarm suddenly rings.

Seokjin groans and grabbed his phone at the bedside table. "Ah, that happened 13 years ago... It's December 30... So cold..." He pulled the sheets over his head and started to drift off again when the doorbell rang. "Ugh..."

He dragged his feet and there stood in his doorstep was... Taehyung.

"JIN HYUNG!!! I'M GOING TO STAY HERE FOR TONIGHT!" Cheeks pink from the cold and a box smile shown so cheerfully, Jin realized that he's indeed an adult now but the crybaby childhood friend is still Taehyung. He snorted and pats Taehyung's head. "Why here? You should celebrate with your family." He grabbed whatever Taehyung's holding and led him inside his apartment.

Taehyung pouted. "Why not? We've already celebrated after midnight and I want to spend this day with you. Mom made those foods for us!"

Seokjin smiled at him. "Okay, I'll just reheat this."

 

"Hyung, what happened to your girlfriend? I didn't see her anymore with you last Monday." Taehyung asked after a while they've started eating.

"We broke up."

"Eh?? That was fast! You just dated for a week!"

"She asked me 'You don't really love me, do you?' and I just..." Seokjin laughs awkwardly and continued eating. How can he lie when he know the truth from the start?

"Oh... I see."

"How about you? Do you have a girlfriend now?"

"..."

"So still none, huh?" He teased and laughed at the blushing Taehyung in front of him.

"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"

 

 

 

After eating, Seokjin stood up and carefully pulled the chocolate cake from the fridge. He put it down at the table and lit a candle. "I don't know if this is edible, but I hope it is." He chuckled. "Happy 20th birthday, Taehyungie."

Taehyung's face lit with excitement and immediately closed his eyes.

Seokjin stared at his face and admired the person he had loved for 19 years.

 

"Uwaaa, Taehyung is such a cute baby."

"Baby? Mama, a baby?"

"Uh-huh. Come here, Jinnie, look at Taehyung."

Seokjin walked in small steps towards the woman holding a baby. Gazing at the baby's face, excitement overwhelmed him. "MAMA, JINNIE IS GONNA MARRY TAEHYUNG!"

"You're still 5 though."

"WHEN I'M OLDER!" He opens his hands and furiously counts at his fingers, then just gave up and showed his two hands at them. "WHEN I'M LIKE THIS!"

The two women laughed. "That's just ten, Jinnie. And Taehyung's a boy."

"A BOY???"

"Uh-huh."

"IT'S FINE!"

 

 

 

Taehyung stopped crying.

"Jin-hyung, I'm s-shorry..." Taehyung sniffs and clung to Seokjin's neck. "I didn't know... I can't marry you..."

Seokjin chuckles and soothes his back. "It's fine, Taehyungie."

"But I want to marry you!"

"Even when I'm a boy?"

"Even Jin hyung's a boy! I can be a girl for you!" Taehyung looks at him and looks so determined while holding his fox stuffed toy.

He smiled at him. "All right. When Taehyung's 20, and you still want to marry me, then I will marry you."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"P-Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."

 

 

"Hyung. Jin hyung."

Seokjin snaps from his thoughts and returned to Taehyung. He had probably forgotten the promise... "Oh, sorry. What is it?"

"Nothing." He pouts.

"What did Taehyung wished?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Why?"

"It won't come true."

"Eh... Then I'll just give my gift for you." Seokjin pulls a box on his pocket and placed it into Taehyung's hand. "Happy birthday."

"What is this?"

"Will you please just open it?"

Taehyung grumbles and then stopped when he saw what's inside. Jin picked up the ring and inserted it to Taehyung's finger. "It's a promise after all. Or you don't want to marry me now?"

Tears started to run down to Taehyung's cheeks and his eyes landed on the ring on his hand and then to Jin's face. "Hyung..."

"No?"

"What the , I waited until I'm 20 and didn't went in a relationship because I love you. Why would I say no?" He chuckles and clung to his neck. "Ah, I thought it won't come true."

"What is?"

"The wish I made on my 20th birthday."

 

 

 

 

 

( is 5 only hehehehe I want to make Jin older but decided not to)

A/N: THEIR PARENTS ARE ACTUALLY OKAY WITH THEM AND ARE EVEN GETTING AHEAD OF THE WEDDING PLANS AND CHOSE COUNTRIES THAT HAS SAME MARRIAGES AND CHURCH AND STUFFS LOLOLOLOLOL

 

is this good? i made this on a whim like bam! and there you go (i'm cODING FORGIVE ME)