Chapter 2

Oh, Mirror

Chapter 2

-

“Hello, I’m Mingyu, Kim Mingyu. What’s yours, pretty?” The boy smiled widely at the smaller girl in front of him who was staring at him with a weird look before she finally told him her name just because he assured her that he was neither a creepy nor a ert.

 “Rahee, Ha Rahee,” the girl was still eyeing him suspiciously though. She was very cautious because it was her first day as a sophomore and there was this weird guy greeting her the first time in the morning when he came in to the classroom finding her alone in the classroom. Well, of course, she was almost an hour early for class but it was her habit and she wanted to check her class.

As time goes by, they became whole lot closer. Usually, they would go everywhere together with 5 other people, Wonwoo, Myungho, Seungkwan, Hansol, and Gahee, Rahee’s twin sister. Seven of them were inseparable and they were pretty famous in their school, because the good looking people are in a group, who wouldn’t talk about them and wishing they were part of their group?

-

“Rahee! Come here!” Seungkwan waved from a long rectangular table in the middle of the cafetaria where Seventeen are seated. Only 9 of them were present though, Junghan, Jisoo, Chan (who is not even a University student), and Jihoon. Gahee was already sitting in between Mingyu and Wonwoo, discussing about something about their project. Rahee quickly skipped over to the table, taking a seat beside Seungcheol.

“Hey, muffin, I already bought you lunch, your favorite cheese donkatsu,” Seungcheol looked at her, grinning cheekily and she threw him a dirty look before laughing. She pinched his cheek and made kissy face at him.

“Thank you, boo. I will eat it well,” she batted her eyelashes at Seungcheol, earning few groans and puking sounds by Soonyoung, Seungkwan, and Seokmin.

“Ew, guys, just ew,” Seokmin said, making a face at Rahee and Seungcheol who were sitting right across him. Rahee leaned her head on Seungcheol’s shoulder and looked Seokmin, smiling innocently.

“What’s wrong, honey? Are you jealous?” she playfully blew a kiss at Seokmin which he accepted it anyway but still maintaining his facial expression.

“You are such a flirt but I love you, Rahee,” Seokmin finally laughed loudly, his eyes turning into crescents, and Rahee laughed again. She couldn’t help but to steal a glance at Mingyu who wasn’t even paying attention to their little play, totally focused on discussing the project. She jutted out her lower lip, pouting slightly; a little bit disappointed that he didn’t pay any attention to her attempt of making him at least a little bit jealous.

“And I am still wondering why aren’t both of you dating,” Jun pointed out, his head cocked to the side slightly. Myungho, who sat beside him, nodded his head quickly, completely agreeing to Jun’s statement. Hansol snorted and nudged Seungcheol who sat beside him.

“This dork right here would be very happy if you date him, Rahee,” he added.

Rahee turned her head to Seungcheol after sitting up straight again, finding Seungcheol smiling at her innocently and blinking his eyes multiple times, trying to act cute in front of her. She made a face and turned away, focusing her attention back to her donkatsu. She was about to reject their suggestion before an idea popped in her head.

“Maybe I can try,” she answered, her voice a little bit loud in hope that her dream guy to finally notice her, earning series of surprised gasps and ‘what’s from the rest of them. She didn’t pay any attention to them as her eyes only glued to Mingyu who was laughing about something her twin sister said.

“What? Really?” Hansol exclaimed, very surprised and didn’t see that coming because it was their daily joke and usually she would just deny and brush it off.

“You should date me instead, Rahee!” Seungkwan cried out loud dramatically and reached over to hold Rahee from across the table. Seungkwan’s statement finally made the trio, Mingyu, Gahee, and Wonwoo, to whip their heads to Seungkwan.

“Rahee is here? OH! Hi Rahee!”Wonwoo said excitedly and waved his hand at Rahee. Rahee smiled at him and waved back at him.

“Yes, I am here for good 5 minutes already,” she said, shrugging her shoulders although she was a little bit upset over the fact that they didn’t notice her, especially Mingyu and Gahee. Gahee sent her an apologetic look and blew kisses at Rahee.

“I’m sorry, baby sister, we were discussing this project. We need to get it done in a week and it’s not enough time, believe me,” Gahee explained and Rahee nodded in response.

“It’s okay, I know you guys are discussing something so important,” she answered and started eating her donkatsu.

The table was quiet for a moment before Wonwoo asked what was all the commotion about and Seungkwan explained everything to him. The trio who didn’t hear about it before made a surprised faces at the newly earned fact. All of them looked over at Rahee who was very focused on eating her donkatsu and didn’t pay attention to them anymore. Hansol reached over and poked Rahee on her arm. She turned to look at him in annoyance because he was disturbing her eating time.

“What do you want?” She looked up to Hansol only to find all of them were looking at her with wide eyes, questioning her answer earlier. “What?!”

“You said you wanted to try dating Seungcheol?” Gahee said, she was very surprised at the newly earned information because she would always bug Rahee and told her to just date Seungcheol instead but Rahee would always rejected her idea. But now, Rahee said that she maybe can try dating Seungcheol. It’s not that Gahee wasn’t happy for her sister, but she was just very baffled by her sister’s boldness. She thought that Rahee had a crush, that was always Rahee’s reason why she had always rejected Seungcheol.

“I said maybe I can try, not that I agree to be his girlfriend right away,” Rahee immediately realized what she said earlier and stood up. She gathered her belongings and bid goodbye to the others. “I have something to do, I will see all of you later. You can go home first, Gahee, I will stay back and study. Thanks for the food, Cheol! Bye!” With that, she scurried away from them, exiting the cafeteria. Once she’s outside, she leaned against the wall to calm herself down before knocking her head several times and chanting several ‘stupid’s together.

“What a way to make him interested in you, stupid. He didn’t even show any teensy bit of jealousy. I need to move on from Mingyu immediately,” she whispered to herself as she walked off to the direction of the library.

Little did she know that someone followed her out and heard about her secret crush.

 


Hello everyone! Thank you for being patient with me! I got caught up with my schedule and couldn't update this story. But I will try to update it faster now.

Thank you very much to scatteredfthhtihaBana_07 for subscribing to this story! I love you lots!

See you on the next update!