Chapter 4

Oh, Mirror

Chapter 4

-

“What are all of you whispering about?” Gahee spoke up before stuffing more fries into . All of the boys who were whispering stopped immediately and sat back again, acting like nothing happened. Although the twins thought it was very weird, they just shrugged it off, thinking that it was probably really nothing. Finally the twins knew it was not nothing when the monitor in front of them where the score was displayed a while ago turned into Mingyu, a smiling Mingyu holding a paper with ‘Hello J’ written across it with a bold marker.

-

All of their attention immediately turned to the screen. The light suddenly became dim as the video played. Rahee, who sat beside Seungcheol, was in a confused state in contrast of her sister who just watched the video calmly while sipping her coke.

Mingyu threw away the first paper in his hand, replacing it with another paper with ‘I have a confession to make and please watch this video carefully’ written across it. He threw away the second paper after holding it up for a few second and replacing it with a new paper, this one with ‘we have been friends for God knows how long and I didn’t expect that I will fall for you’ written on it.

By now, the boys were very excited and they were chuckling to themselves while nudging the other people whoever who sat beside them. The other people present at the bowling alley too, started to stop playing and watched the video instead, finding it’s very interesting.

He held up another new paper, longer sentences were written on it.

‘At first, it was nothing, you were just another friend of mine. As time goes by, my heart skipped a beat for the first time when I looked at you. I remember that day, you were standing in front of me but with your back on my view. I called out your name like usual and you turned around. That time, I felt like there was flower petals falling down from the sky and you shone brightly. Since that day, I found it hard to fall asleep at night because of you. I kept thinking about you.’

When all of them read this, some of them whistled loudly while throwing knowing looks at Mingyu who was watching the video with a shy grin etched to his lips. Rahee glanced at Mingyu for a moment before focusing to the video again. She was excited, of course, but she was at the same time nervous because Mingyu was confessing to one of them, it was either her or Gahee. Truth to be told, she wasn’t ready for this. What if Mingyu was confessing to Gahee instead of her? She would be crushed and she wasn’t prepared for it, at all. Gahee by now was watching the video intently, totally curious and she was very sure that Mingyu was confessing to her sister judging by how clingy Mingyu is to Rahee.

Mingyu in the video replaced the paper he was holding up with another one.

‘And finally, after a long wait, I am finally confessing to you. Will you be my girlfriend, ….’

And Mingyu held up another paper with his crush’s name on it written with a small heart beside her name.

‘Ha Gahee? ♥’

The video stopped at the moment but still displaying Mingyu holding up the paper with Gahee’s name written on top of it. The real Mingyu stood up and went over to Gahee’s side of the seat, kneeling down in front of her. Gahee’s eyes were wide, totally wasn’t expecting him to confess to her instead of her sister. She threw a glance to her sister, Rahee only smiled at her older sister and nodded her head. Mingyu held out his hand and looked up at Gahee.

“Gahee, I love you, will you go out with me?” Mingyu was looking at her expectantly as the room became dead quiet, all of the people present were waiting for Gahee’s answer, even those who didn’t belong to the group. After a few second hesitating, Gahee finally held Mingyu’s outstretched hand and smiled shyly.

“Please take care of me, Mingyu,” and everyone cheered for the new couple, even Rahee cheered and congratulated her sister. But deep down, she was in verge of tears and she was this close to walk out the door. She gritted her teeth as she smiled, watching overjoyed Mingyu hugging her sister, her own twin sister. Series of congratulations were heard across the room and the other Seventeen members crowded around the new couple, hugging them tightly with the exception of Rahee and Seungcheol who kept giving Rahee worried glances.

Rahee closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She turned to Seungcheol and smiled at him, a little bit forced and Seungcheol immediately frowned.

“Go and join them, I will go to the restroom. I think I drank too much coke, I need to pee,” with that, she immediately fled to the restroom but not forgetting to take her purse with her. Seungcheol was about to go after her when Seungkwan walked to him and looked around for Rahee.

“Where did Rahee go?” Seungkwan asked Seungcheol in the midst of the happy atmosphere.

“She went to the restroom, she needed to pee,” Seungcheol gave Seungkwan a sheepish grin and patted his head. “Actually, I need to pee too. I will be back soon,” Seungcheol also fled to the restroom right after finishing his sentence without even waiting for the confused Seungkwan’s answer. Seungkwan only shrugged it off and joined the others celebrating the birth of the new couple again.

-

Rahee was in one of the cubicle in the woman’s restroom, sitting on top of the toilet with the lid down. She took a few deep breaths as she tried to calm herself down but failing as tears started to fall one by one. She bit her lower lip, trying to stop herself from crying. Her head hurt and her breath was unsteady, she was heartbroken. Mingyu chose her sister over her, when there were a lot of girls who had crush on him. She was crushed, heartbroken and felt betrayed by her own sister. Her mind was clouded with her sadness when suddenly the door to the cubicle she was in was knocked by someone. She quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hand and cleared as she took out her compact powder from her purse.

“Yes?” She called out, her voice cracked slightly. A loud sigh was heard from outside and the one who knocked on the door answered to her.

“It’s me, Seungcheol. Are you okay?” Worry was evident in the sound of his voice. Rahee perked up and quickly applied the powder to hide the tears stain.

“What are you doing in the woman’s? What a ert!” She tried to break a joke as she stood up after finished applying powder on her face. She opened the door, revealing a very worried Seungcheol.

“Will you be okay?” Seungcheol gently held her shoulders, searching her eyes and frowned when he saw her red eyes. She gave him a confused look as she nodded her head.

“Of course I will be okay. What are you talking about, Seungcheol?” After hearing her answer, Seungcheol heaved a loud sigh.

“I know about you liking Mingyu. I overheard you that day in front of the cafeteria,” with that, Rahee’s eyes widened and immediately shook her head.

“Please don’t tell anyone about that! I am happy for them, I am!” She panicked, wasn’t expecting that someone knew her liking Mingyu. Seungcheol immediately wrapped her arms around her small frame and kissed the top of her head.

“I will be here for you, Rahee, it’s okay. We can go home first if you want to. I will tell the other guys that you are not feeling well and a little bit tired,” Rahee looked up at him as he looked down at her. She smiled gratefully and shook her head.

“No, oppa. I will be fine, if my sister is happy then I am happy too. No need to be worried about me,” he sighed softly hearing her answer and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Okay, but you will have to stay close to me. You can tell me if you can’t hold it anymore,”

They walked back to the group after a minute of hugging in the women’s. Seungkwan who saw them walking back together immediately hollered, beckoning them to walk faster because they were going to take a group picture with the new couple, a random male from another table offered to be the photographer. Rahee took a deep breath before skipping to the group, a wide smile plastered on her face while Seungcheol jogged behind her.

“Come on! Get into the frame! I will take the picture in 3, 2, 1!”

Rahee once wondered what if Mingyu got together with her sister instead of her or any other girls and when the camera flashed, she knew the worst scenario will begin and she would live in jealousy of her sister who shared the same face and everything.

“Oh, Mirror, why did Mingyu choose Gahee instead of me?”


Hello, bello, everybody! How was your day? 

I actually had this chapter on draft and didn't even realize. I'm terribly sorry.

Anyway, here is another chapter and welcome to the family, new subscribers. 

Bana_07 fthhtiha scattered -ghibli sweetmallow Svt2310 sungyeolwife exotic134 wonwoosgurl Smile2002 I love all of you 💕