Chapter 3

Oh, Mirror

Chapter 3

A month has passed since the last time Rahee said that she needed to move on from Mingyu and the day someone accidentally heard her. Until this day, Rahee still didn’t know that someone knew her crush on Mingyu because there was nothing different by how all of them were acting, not even a slight different action or any look of concern whenever Rahee stared at Mingyu almost every time she talked because she desperately wanted his attention.

-

It was Sunday afternoon, the twins were preparing to go out with Seventeen. They were going to a bowling alley together. It was one of their favorite place to hang out together, if it’s not the usual bowling alley, they probably go to Han River. Rahee though, she preferred to stay back at home or to hang out together at the dance studio at Soonyoung’s dance studio ran by his parents. She has always preferred indoor activities, unlike her sister, Gahee, who liked more adventurous activities.

After both of them were dolled up for their ‘date’ with Seventeen, they sat on the couch in their living room. Rahee was wearing black skinny jeans with matching black tank top, covered with blood red plain sweater; her hair was tied up into a high ponytail. Gahee was dressed up in similar attire but she was wearing a knee-length ripped black jeans, instead of a long one, and wore a blood red jacket instead of a sweater; her hair too, tied up into a high ponytail. If you look at them like that, both of them looked very similar but different. Rahee gave the vibe of the more feminine one and Gahee gave the vibe of the more outgoing one, although they both looked the same, really (yeah, of course. They’re identical twins duh.).

10 minutes passed and finally they heard a loud honk from outside their house, followed with their father’s voice, who was gardening with their mother, shouting ‘the kids are here’ from the front yard. The twins immediately skipped to the front door and stepped outside after wearing matching black converses.

“Be safe, babies,” their mother said as she waved her hand at the twins. Their father, who was holding a long-handed shears, gave a glare to Mingyu who sat in the driving seat with the window rolled down so him and Wonwoo who sat on the passenger seat could say hi and bye to the twins’ parents.

“You! Mingyu! Drive safe or I will cut your head off of your body,” the twins’ father jokingly snapping the gardening tool in his hand as he kept his eyes glued to Mingyu. Mingyu laughed nervously as the others who were sitting in the car he was driving laughed out loud.

“Sir, yes, Sir!” Mingyu gave the grown man a salute as the other burst into hearty laughter. The twins’ mother was laughing as well beside her husband and playfully smacked her husband on the arm.

“I trust Mingyu. Just let the poor boy live, honey!” Their mother immediately signaled to the twins that they could go now. Both of them opened the door to the car Mingyu was driving only to find that only one seat was available on the middle row and Seungkwan grinning sheepishly at them.

“One of you has to go with Seungcheol,” the twins snapped their heads to the other vehicle that has just stopped right behind Mingyu’s. The said male immediately rolled down the window and poked his head out, grinning playfully.

“We got stuck at the traffic light! Come on, Rahee, baby girl, you can sit in the passenger seat!” Seungcheol winked at Rahee and blew a kiss at her. His action however earned him a displeased grunt followed with a loud ‘watch it’ from Rahee’s father. Seungcheol who finally realized that the twins’ parents were present at the moment immediately dipped his head for a small bow. “Hello, parents-in-law! Long time no see! Mom, I miss your chicken stew!”

“Come over next time, I will make it for you, dear son-in-law!” Rahee’s mom answered him cheerfully and her husband shook his head in disagreement before laughing loudly, this time though his laugh was intimidating.

“Come over next time and it will be Seungcheol stew!” Seungcheol who heard this immediately panicked and opened the door on his side to get Rahee, guiding her to enter his car and making her seat in the passenger seat.

“I won’t return your daughter if I can’t come over, Sir!” He added playfully earning him a glare from the twins’ father before both of them laughed loudly.

“Okay, okay, be safe all of you! See you!” Their parents waved their hands at all of them and they took off afterwards, Gahee in the car Mingyu was driving and Rahee in the car Seungcheol was driving. Albeit a little bit disappointed that she couldn’t be together with Mingyu, she was glad that she was with Seungcheol instead because maybe he could help her to get her mind off Mingyu for a while.

-

After arriving at the bowling alley, all of them immediately scrambled out from the car like a bunch of excited chicks following their mother aka Junghan. Rahee was walking slowly at the back of the group with Seungcheol by her side. There was something wrong with her mood, she herself didn’t know why she was like that. Perhaps it was because she couldn’t be in the same car with Mingyu. But her mood was strangely off from the morning, she actually wanted to stay back home but she didn’t want the others to worry and she didn’t want to spoil their plan to have fun before exams.

Seungcheol who noticed that Rahee was a little bit down, stayed glued to her side, literally. With his arm wrapped around her shoulder, he held her close to him, too close to her liking but she wasn’t in mood to argue with him. Mumbling a soft ‘thank you’, she glanced at the taller male and he immediately leaned down to give her a soft peck on her forehead.

“No worries, baby girl. Let’s go now?” He said as he led her inside the bowling alley and to the area where they change their shoes and pick up their individual balls. The others were already chose their balls and was pretending to stretch like they were some professional bowling players. Mingyu saw Rahee finally entered the place with Seungcheol and immediately rushed to them.

“Rahee baby, I already picked your ball. The one you usually choose when we go here,” he affectionately patted the smaller girl’s head and took her hand in his big one, leading her to their station, leaving a dumbfounded Seungcheol behind.

“That big guy, I’m going to kick his !” Seungcheol grumbled as he went to pick his ball.

Throughout the games, Rahee found herself feeling better, mainly because Mingyu was by her side almost all the time. She was a little relieved that her sister wasn’t there with her group. Don’t get her wrong, she loved her sister more than anything, but lately she felt like Mingyu was always together with her older twin sister and it made her very envious to her own sister.

After playing for one whole hour, some of them were only sitting down with coke and fries in their hands. They were getting hungry but they didn’t want to leave yet, or actually they weren’t allowed to leave yet. Someone was planning something right there, at the place they’re at.

Rahee too, she was seated in between Seungkwan and Seungcheol, totally tired because the boys kept telling her to play because actually she was good at bowling. Her sister too, but her sister was still playing until now, together with Minghao, Jisoo, Soonyoung, Seokmin, Chan, along with Jun. Rahee looked around, finally realizing that Mingyu and Wonwoo were nowhere to be found. She just shrugged it off and continued to eat the fries Seungkwan was offering her. After a good 5 minutes, Mingyu and Wonwoo were back with a tray of more snacks and placed it on the table.

With more snacks placed on the table, the rest who were still playing quickly finished the game to join the others on the table. After all of them were sitting on the couch, some of them started whispering to each other. Seungcheol though stayed quiet, worry was evident in his face as the whispering becoming louder each second. The twins who didn’t know anything glanced at each other and shrugged, confirming that only both of them who didn’t know what was going on.

“What are all of you whispering about?” Gahee spoke up before stuffing more fries into . All of the boys who were whispering stopped immediately and sat back again, acting like nothing happened. Although the twins thought it was very weird, they just shrugged it off, thinking that it was probably really nothing. Finally the twins knew it was not nothing when the monitor in front of them where the score was displayed a while ago turned into Mingyu, a smiling Mingyu holding a paper with ‘Hello :)’ written across it with a bold marker. 


Hello, everyone! It's me again! Thank you for being patient with me. Here's another chapter.

Thank you for my precious 6 subscribers, Bana_07 fthhtiha scattered -ghibli sweetmallow Svt2310

I love all of you <3