The Lee Brothers

Blood In Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the second update of today. So be sure to read the previous chapter before reading this.

I open my eyes but I don't know where I am. A ceiling and wallpaper I don't recognize... I search my surroundings and find Donghae, who is staring at me from the bedside.

"Are you awake?"

"...Donghae?!" I try to jump up but I get dizzy and fall back onto the bed.

"Don't push yourself. Sleep a bit more."

"Okay... but you didn't do anything to me while I was sleeping, did you?!"

"I wouldn't do anything to a person who is sick. I'm not that desperate!"

I mentally facepalm myself "I'm sorry... Is this your room?"

"No, this is..."

"This room is mine." The door opens, and Sungmin comes in. "I brought you some tea. It should clear your head."

"Thank you... I'm sorry for the trouble." I raise my body slowly this time and take the cup Sungmin is holding out. I take a sip. The warm tea spread through my entire body, and it feels like even my cells are waking up.

"May I ask you why you were unconscious in a place like Sooman's room?" Sungmin asks me.

"That's..." I don't know how much I can tell them. If I tell them about my circumstances, maybe they could help. I feel uneasy, but it might be worth it. I choose my words carefully.

"How about you two? Why did you come to Sooman's room?"

"Answering with a question. You're very cautious." Sungmin gives a wry smile. "I went in to borrow a book of Sooman's. That room has rare books even the library doesn't own." 

Now that he mentions it, I think I remember seeing a bunch of old books in his bookshelf.

"I was chasing a cat..." Donghae said with a frown. Oh, Heebum must have lead him there! "I ran into Sungmin in front of the room, and when we went in, you were on the floor."

"My room was closer, so we brought you here." Sungmin said with a smile.

"I see..." I compare the faces of the two. I have to see if I can become friends with them or not. "I'm searching for a way to outwit Sooman's will."

"...What did you say?" Sungmin asked in surprise.

I look  directly at the brothers. "Do you know Eunjin well?"

"Of course. Even though she was a human, Eunjin was very nice to me." Donghae answers but Sungmin has a strange expression on.

"Well, I suppose you could say I knew her. However, I barely interacted with Eunjin. To tell you the truth, I did not like this hotel that much."

"Is that true?" 

"Yes. I sometimes even think we should just destroy it." Sungmin explains to me in a clear voice.

"What did you just day?!" Donghae glares at Sungmin.

"I'm serious, Donghae."

"Sungmin..." I felt that Sungmin somehow felt like he was forced to stay here, making him hate this hotel.

"That's wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter