Chapter 4

Our Efllorescence Relationships

Chapter 4

Recap

 

“Welcome back Faye!” Shouts from familiar voices greeted me the moment I turned the corner into the traditional restaurant, followed by party poppers going off everywhere as well as balloons flowing out. “It’s been a while!”

 


 

Looking out into the crowds full of my friends, from Sumin to Jihoon and Wonwoo standing towards the right side. Then to the guys standing in the center of the room which includes Hoshi, Mingyu, Junhui, and Minghao. Lastly, Jeonghan, Joshua, Chan, Hansol, Seungkwan and Seokmin

Immediately, Mingyu and Hoshi rushes towards me. “Faye!” They both shouted my name loudly, Mingyu coming in fast with his long legs, he reached me in a matter of seconds. The instant he was close enough, he scoops me up into his arm, “It’s been too long.” He was uncharacteristically quiet about it, simply holding me tightly.

While Mingyu hugs me, Hoshi only smile, standing right behind Mingyu as he looked at me with those sharp eyes that shines with laughter. “Ahhh, I can never win against this guy.” Hoshi said as he shakes his head, “Still as popular as ever, Faye. Is this why Mingyu is still single?” The little comment brought back so many memories of our days together. Back then, it was a running joke between the three of us, Mingyu and I are very closed, and very touchy to each other. He understands me, and usually know what I’m thinking about. Because of that, Hoshi always tease Mingyu and I about how we’ll never find a boyfriend/girlfriend with the way we act.

“I can hear the jealousy in your voice, Hoshi.” The retort came instantly, “I won’t reject you too harshly if you confess, neither will Mingyu.”

Hoshi simply shakes his head, laughing as he pinched my cheek. “Screw you too, Fujita.”  

Scrunching up my nose, I pulled my arm out from between mine and Mingyu’s body, he still refuse to let go, and pushed away Hoshi’s hand. Joshua and Jeonghan suddenly appearing right behind Hoshi.

“Still the same as always,” Joshua spoke, his voice much deeper than what I remembered, but it matched perfectly with his gentleman aura. “Hello Faye.”

“Hi,” I returned the greeting shyly, for some reason, I feel very shy whenever I’m by Joshua. He have this thing about him.

Jeonghan, the devil in angel form, simply smirk at me. “I don’t remember you being so shy before, Faye. Is there something you want to tell Joshua?”

As I said before, the devil in angel form, immediately attacked. “Jeonghan your horn is showing.” I tried to be tough, but I’m sure the image is broken when I hid my very hot face in Mingyu’s shoulder.

“Oi, angels have no horn.” I could hear him say, and even though I wasn’t looking, I know for certain Jeonghan have a smug look on his face right now as he stuff both hands into his pants pocket.

“Exactly, you devil.”

Suddenly feeling a hand on my head, I peek up, and saw Joshua smiling at me. I was about to say something when Joshua chuckles, petting my head lightly. Oh man, I remember when he would always do this, all the while flashing that Prince Charming smile. “Faye still have no filters.” He paused, shaking his head. “I’m glad.”

I was honestly worried for a second, perhaps it’s rude to be so frank with them after so long, but when Joshua smiled that smile again, all my worries dissipated. “Faye is still the same beautiful, sharp tongue, and very cheeky girl we knew.”

Sighing happily, Jeonghan pinches my cheek, “I’m so happy you still have these pinchable cheeks!”

Oh my god! Feeling my face heating up, I pulled away, and glare at him. “Jeonghan, you're still a flirt.”

“Alright alright.” Backing away, Jeonghan sighs, “This is just like back then.”

“The cheeks, the sharp tongues, the teasing, how much Joshua’s smile still affects you, and Mingyu’s clinginess.” Mingyu just grunted, pulling one arm away to smack at Hoshi, who dodges effortlessly as he laughed. When he missed, Mingyu release me, going after Hoshi, these clowns.

Now that he mentions it, this is really like back then. Mingyu clings to me a lot whenever he sees me since we split up during the first year of senior high. Hoshi and I would always banter with one another, and Jeonghan would join in sometimes. Joshua is the one to keep the peace between us. “You’re right.” Those were the memories of the old days, memories shared between good friends, filled with innocence and fondness

“Wow…” Remembering those times, I saw how much time have changed us all. Mingyu is even taller than before, but he’s even more affectionate. Hoshi’s hair is no longer blonde, it’s dark brown now, and his comebacks are quick as lightning. Joshua still have the gentleman air around him, but he got more… masculine? And Jeonghan, the angel of our group, is even more devilish than before, only now, he have his growing good looks to back him up. I had honestly kept it together when I first enter, and saw all their faces, but now, to see them all so different, yet still the same. “I missed you guys…” I started sniffling, this is seriously not good for my pride, not even here for 24 hours, and I’m already starting the waterworks for the second time. “I really, really missed you all.” Pressing the palm of my hands tightly to my eyes, I started bawling.