7th escape

ESCAPE

 

“What did she even do this time?” Taeyong gritted his teeth, his white locks not showing any kind of concern. Tzuyu looked down and pouted.

“Ty, from what I’ve heard she drank some sleeping pills---“

“Don’t tell me no more.” Taeyong said quietly as he slumped his back at the velvet backseat of the cab. Tzuyu felt guilty and wanted to approach her fiancé but what could she do? Taeyong never really showed any signs of affection towards her. He was just plain cold rather sarcastic at times.

Mrs. Lee was depressed even though she didn’t look anything like it maybe because she was sometimes blinded by money. She was depressed because of some discussed matters, her sons and a few….self problems. Tzuyu woke up from her sleep, a maid shouting that something happened to Mrs. Lee.

Tzuyu went to the bowling alley to approach Taeyong and hurriedly told him the news, also to have him back home and to talk about the wedding matters and that’s how they ended up in the Cab.

Tzuyu sighed at her hard headed fiancé and started to look for N.Yeon’s calling card but she gasped because it was gone, maybe it fell off somewhere.

--

After 30 minutes max, they reached Seoul Hospital and Taeyong came rushing inside like he’s hanging onto his dear life. Tzuyu thought that maybe Taeyong was concerned for his mother for the fact that he just wanted to clear up some things and go home to Jaehyun, annoy Seulgi.

Taeyong asked the receptionist for Mrs. Lee and the room number was 433. He opened his phone as he scurries to the elevator, leaving tzuyu behind.

“Jaehyun, sorry if I---“

The call quickly ended.

What the? Maybe the signal was bad? Taeyong asked himself as he stopped infront of a room with a silver plate and with the numbers, 433 on it.

He sighed heavily as he slowly twisted the door knob, revealing a white velvet bed, a television, a small couch, table and such. Mrs. Lee finally flashed a smile but she forgot that she was rather depressed so she tried to hide the smile. Tzuyu came next entering the room, gasping for air.

Taeyong approached his mother dryly. He scanned her before speaking,

“It looks like you’re okay. I’ll be going.” He checked and attempted to walk away but he was surprised when the door won’t open. He scoffed then turned to Tzuyu, “What kind of sick joke is this?”

“Taeyong oppa, please calm down.”

Taeyong forced the door but it really won’t open. The guards, Tzuyu’s guards locked it just in case. Mrs. Lee fixed her posture, “Yong, why can’t we three talk?”

“Then talk about what? About this fancy marriage and stuff rather than your health? What did you even do?” Taeyong’s eyes were already fuming in annoyance. Mrs. Lee sighed and asked Tzuyu to help her approach her son.

“Taeyong I was worried for you! I even got insomnia and I was depressed for you not even going back home….so I—“ Mrs. Lee tried to explain but Taeyong cut him with a swish.

“I don’t need your stories. Just please let me out.” He said calmly. “Please mom, I’m tired okay?” He breathes out with his mind tied back to Jaehyun and Seulgi. How those remaining hours, he became a stranger to both. He wanted to go back to Jaehyun’s house, play video games and forget about things that are related to his mother.

“Taeyong, won’t you even console your mom?”

“For the fact that you’re faking it, I won’t.” Taeyong answers and tried to hide his frustrations.

“I already signed those papers. Tzuyu and you are going to tie a knot in less than two weeks and that’s final. It’s the only way for us to----“

“I’m not going to be like Ten.” He answered with a crooked smile, remembering his brother. “Now open the goddamn door, just please let me think.”

Tzuyu gave Mrs. Lee a concerned look. Still trying to figure out why Taeyong hates her so much.

“If I let you out, I’ll give you three days to think. My words may seem vague but please son, hear me out. I’ll give you time but after three days,” She breathes out looking serious. “The wedding shall take place.”

“Or….” Mrs. Lee still continued as she looked down. “The house will be down.”

“What do you mean?” Taeyong asked, a bit startled of what he heard. He stared at his mother and tried to find a hint of innocence. Mrs. Lee gestured Tzuyu to hand her the blue folder on top of the table.

“Perhaps this would help you think more.” Tzuyu muttered and gave Taeyong the folder. He snatched it from her hands and read its contents. From the land titles, to bank accounts and letters.

“I’m sorry if you always think that it’s just because of my wants but Ty, your father has not yet discussed things with you and that’s why I put Ten on the line.” Mrs. Lee explained.

“I’m sorry if you misunderstood Ty but we have debts alright? I thought when I married Ten off, those were paid but the Oh’s doubled the amount and threatened for our house. If we don’t pay then they will take everything away.”

Taeyong shrugs. “I don’t understand. We’re not connected to dad anymore okay? You two divorced!” His voice became louder. That Tzuyu reminded him not to shout.

“How is that even possible?” He whispered again.

“Ty, I don’t know okay? I don’t know how to explain these things; you know how terrible I am. Fine, I’ll give you three days and we’ll clarify things over.” Mrs. Lee finally decided to bring up the truth. Well, of course the money isn’t also for the debts, it’s also for her minor wants.

Taeyong glanced at the bank account and it screams less than 2000 KRW.

“Couldn’t….T-Ten pay for this?” He asked for the last time with his eyes not even leaving the papers. Mrs. Lee shrugged, “I lost communication with him and the last thing I know is that the Hirai’s thought that we’re taking advantages about their influence.”

“You know you make stupid decisions. Why didn’t you even tell me at the first place…” Taeyong says, his voice trailing off. The debt was still in millions and his mother thought that marrying Tzuyu would save them, their house.

Tzuyu approached the door and knocked three times, sooner the door opened.

Maybe there is another way and I’ve got three days. These thoughts sunk inside his head. He went outside not even sparing his mother a glance. Maybe he needs to do something to save the house, the memories. So that his mother could finally reality and free her sons to chose for themselves and maybe he will get the chance to ask his father some unclear things.

He clicked on his phone as he stepped outside of the hospital with still the blue folder in his right hand Why is he taking so long…”. “He gritted his teeth and felt that raindrops started pouring from the angry dark sky, black clouds eliminating the light.

“Pick up Jaepig…” He murmurs as he waits for a cab.

“Jaehyun, are you at home?” He asked the recipient. Jaehyun swallowed hard. He sighed as he looked at Yeri who was very worried.

“Well, Yeri was at the house but now she’s not…she’s with me.”

“Why are you shaking? What happened? Did satan burn your house down or what?” Taeyong asked and chuckled a bit, lighting up his own mood.

“Taeyong….Seulgi…..do you know where she went?”

“What?” Taeyong almost choked. “Jung Jaehyun where is she?”

A cab stopped infront of it and he quickly entered it. “Jaeyok answer me.”

“Where to sir?” The driver asked but Taeyong requested him to not yet leave.

“I don’t know, we just went bowling and……I don’t know. She was just gone and Yeri asked me if I could tell her that today was Joy’s birthday and maybe they could hang out,” Jaehyun breathes out. “But she was just gone.”

Taeyong felt a little worried. “That isn’t much of an answer! Find her or I’ll find her myself!”

“We’re trying to find her before her grandfather does.” He sighed and tapped Yeri’s head. “He’s been doing things lately, exchanging the capture of Seulgi for money and it’s quite big. Crazy people nowadays Ty, influences, power and money shapes the world. People won’t listen to your own desires.”

Jaehyun was right. Taeyong was about to answer when he noticed an ambulance approaching. He watched how the stretcher was being prepared and the body of a woman being pulled out. She looked battered and ruined and---

She looked familiar for Taeyong.

He leaned closely and asked the driver to come forward, ignoring Jaehyun and analyzed her face.

When he recognized her face he gasped.

There’s just one person he wanted to console right now and it was just, Seulgi.

--

Even though they only met for days he kind of knew what kind of places Seulgi might be. Maybe horror house or food streets are his guesses. He wonders why Seulgi is gone, what was the reason and he wanted to talk to her right now.

There is just this strange feelings but Taeyong also knew that there is something that Seulgi has to know and it’s important.

Yes, their story is complicated and confusing rather amusing.

The cab stopped at the streets of Hongdae and Taeyong paid him a large bill, for having him waiting and roaming around. He even bought an umbrella to keep him company. He tried to catch Seulgi wherever and guess what, his guesses are correct.

The person he was looking for was just a few meters away from him, wandering around the streets until she reached the dark corner.

Why am I even looking for her? He asked himself. He even told Jaehyun that he’ll search for her himself.

“What the---“ Seulgi cuts off her sentence before she can even curse this boy infront of her to death. Why is he even here? Was it coincidence? Planned Fate?

“WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE!?”

“WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?”

They shouted in unison. Surprised of each other’s words, they both gave each other mocking and disgusted looks. Seulgi was the first one to break the ice.

“Why are you even here?”

“And where have you been?”

Then silence again.

Seulgi irritated grasped her hair and shook her head. “Are we really gonna answer each other’s question with another question?”

Taeyong grew aggravated by Seulgi’s words. “Then just ing answer my question first.”

“I have nothing to explain doofus, now go away.” Seulgi answers shortly then began walking away again to just notice that the rain was getting stronger and she---and taeyong--- were getting drenched despite the shade and the umbrella that Taeyong was holding. Seulgi frowned.

“Everyone was worried of you.” Taeyong began. “J-Just…..go home.”

“I have no home,” Seulgi replied with a frown. “Home is where my mother is, where Irene is….” And not where her grandfather is. She loved her grandfather but also despised him for not having his efforts of keeping her sister with her.

Irene…. Taeyong wanted to tell her something despite the drama that’s building.

“You have a home just go back.” Taeyong replied casually much to Seulgi’s chagrin.

“Go away!” Seulgi shoved him. “I am just…you know, wandering around, exploring. I was always like this; it’s always been like this. Now, I’m distancing myself to you. You see, I don’t have any business with you. To me you’re just a boy like the other millions and to me you think of me as the same, so go away and leave me alone.” Seulgi hissed.

Sometimes escaping is fatal. But the true reason of escaping isn’t just the concept of running away but to stay.

“Are you girls this annoying and overly dramatic?” Taeyong couldn’t take it anymore. The wind was getting a bit stronger and he can already feel the cold sting of the air on his nape, his shoes getting drenched in the rain.

“Why can’t you see huh? Why can’t you see that someone loves you? That they appreciate you? Why can’t you just stay with someone? Why do you always escape? Aren’t you tired moving and moving?” Taeyong bombared the petite lady with questions. “You know the problem with you is that you don’t know how to---“

“You don’t know me, this is my life.” Seulgi deadpanned his questions and began walking away again. She hates it when someone scolds her. She is a free soul, yes. But if someone scolds her, she feels like it was always her fault. She felt that every decision that she set for herself is wrong.

“Stop acting like an outcast Kang Seulgi.” Taeyong sighed as he walked towards her and arrowing her the umbrella. “I know how life is unfair too but sometimes you just need to be weak in order to know what you’re capable of.” He grabs her hand and putting it on top of his hand. His hand slowly slipped from the umbrella making her carry it.

“Be good.” Taeyong said silently before walking away under the rain making him fully drenched. Seulgi was so attacked by Taeyong’s words that she thought that maybe he’s right.

Seulgi didn’t run away, she just escaped and wandered like she used to. She wanted to also avoid him as long as possible because she knew to herself that regardless the set of rules that she has for herself, it won’t be enough once she gets attached.

Taeyong’s frown was very visible to his eyes. He just wanted everything to be fixed. Now with Seulgi’s actions, he wanted to grab her wrists, yank it away and carry her on his shoulders to make her shut up and go back.

He pity her sometimes because she was just confused as him.

But then he heard rushing footsteps that made him turn his back---even if it’s against his will. Seulgi’s smiles widened.

“Umbrellas are made for you not to be soaked in the rain.” Seulgi was smiling much to his surpise. “So where are you headed to?”

Ah, it sounds like the first time they met.

Taeyong was surprised by the sudden appearance of Seulgi.

“You’re going back?” He asked. She rolled her eyes. “I need to deal some things with my grandfather and sister.”

Sister? Was it now the right time for her to know what happened to Irene? He asked himself again, feeling a bit guilty why he’s never even bringing that up yet. Maybe he thinks that Seulgi needs time.

“So is that a yes or a no?” He asked once again.

“Well it actually depends,” Seulgi’s voice softened “What answer would keep you around.”

***

sorry if it's confusing still. sorry late update

i promise to make it better ^^